Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A relative of mine started an admin role for the nhs and they’ve already put one of those “proud to work for the nhs” borders on their profile picture. Some people can’t help them selves, they just have to show off. You’ve been there a week love calm down.
I do work for the NHS, not that you'd know it from my FB page. I'm only friends with people who know me, and if you know me, you already know where I work 🙄

When the NHS clapping started, I was quite embarassed tbh. One of my neighbours knocked on our door and told me to come outside during the second week of the doorstep clap. I did go, and I had people from all up the road, waving and cheering at me and the girl who lives opposite, who is a police officer. I must admit, I did feel quite good, waving back like I was Queen of the Key Workers, basking in the adulation of my adoring minions. That was, right up until the moment that one of our resident rooftop pigeons decided that enough was enough, and, in what was obviously a proletariat protest, the bastard shat on my head. That brought me back to earth quick enough! ☹☹

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
Everything tbh.

I've been slowly losing interest but now i feel done with the whole thing. It's so toxic.

My fb is full of perfect people and their perfect families or those who hate the world and overshare every.single.detail.of.their.lives.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
People in their mid-to-late-twenties doing weird TikTok/Reels skits about “annoying things that teachers do” etc.

You’ve been out of school for a decade. Move on with life.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
People who decide to start selling avon/bodyshop/fm etc and expect you to buy from them constantly! There's only so much body butter you can use in one month.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
So called influencers begging for freebies. These people get so much for free, but some seem to think they are entitled to everything for free, then barely acknowledge the company that has sent items or don't mark posts as ADS

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Everything tbh.

I've been slowly losing interest but now i feel done with the whole thing. It's so toxic.

My fb is full of perfect people and their perfect families or those who hate the world and overshare every.single.detail.of.their.lives.
Feel the exact same!!

Reactions: 10
Top executives on LinkedIn.

One of them wrote about how he agrees there is currently a "great resignation" because he's seeing more and more farewell posts with pictures of departing employees in front of the company building. Then he proceeded to say: "I will always choose (insert company name)".

Of course you will buddy - you're a top executive who earns a 6 figure salary and probably can bend the WFH rules to accommodate your lifestyle (meaning while regular employees are due 3 days a week, you'll be there once a week). Ridiculous.

Reactions: 8
People who post..
Happy Monday
Happy Tuesday
Happy Wednesday
Happy Thursday
Happy Friday
Happy Saturday
Happy Sunday

Alright little miss happy. We all know you had a tit week really 🤪

#makingmemories
#my🌏
#my🌏rightthere

Bollocks. All of it. Especially when you all know their other half is banging Lucy in accounts
Haha 😂🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Granted she’s been there a couple of years but I know someone too, making out she’s personally keeping the nhs afloat during the pandemic, got a special slot at the supermarket to do her shopping during the lockdowns. Now don’t get me wrong I never begrudged them frontline staff but she works on the switchboard directing calls to different departments. You break your leg and forget the direct line to fracture clinic she puts you through.
There’s many jobs in the NHS I would hate to do and switchboard operator is high up there tbf; they have to deal with organising emergency calls and are always busy (in our hospital you’re always waiting a few minutes to get through to an operator). They’re one of the few admin staff that do 24/7 as well.

Reactions: 2
People who put a selfie on the next day after there night out hungover with caption ‘didn’t wake up like this’ referring that they look an absolute mess as opposed to the selfie
Err love you didn’t go out looking like this either as the photo is filtered and photo shopped to the max!!!
When i can barely see your nose as there are so many filters on your pic!!
Twats!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I am completely fine with people who do not want to show their children’s faces on social media. In fact, I think they should be applauded. Children can’t consent to being posted online.

However, there is a girl from my hometown who posts interminable pictures of the children where they are facing the wrong way. As in, their backs up to the camera. Every week a new pic with the child facing the opposite direction. It is especially weird when all of the adults in the image are facing the right way.

What’s the point? Surely its easier just to not upload any pics at all? It’s all very “having your cake and eating it” over a couple of Facebook likes.

Reactions: 22
I am completely fine with people who do not want to show their children’s faces on social media. In fact, I think they should be applauded. Children can’t consent to being posted online.

However, there is a girl from my hometown who posts interminable pictures of the children where they are facing the wrong way. As in, their backs up to the camera. Every week a new pic with the child facing the opposite direction. It is especially weird when all of the adults in the image are facing the right way.

What’s the point? Surely its easier just to not upload any pics at all? It’s all very “having your cake and eating it” over a couple of Facebook likes.
THIS! I follow someone on Instagram (have to…family member) who posts incessantly on her stories all day. Usually how busy and overwhelmed she is. Ya know, #mumlife 🙄

Firstly, stop posting if you’re so busy. Secondly, stop using stories as an online diary so you can monitor who’s viewing your posts. And finally, stop hiding your child’s face with an emoji or posting the back of their head or feet all day. If you don’t want them on SM then don’t post them at all!!

Reactions: 11
This one might be too specific, but I follow a woman who constantly posts about how 'mad and crazy' her life is.

Daily mishaps/dramas, followed by comments about 'the mad house' or 'my life is carnage' or the worst one 'we are that chaos family!' usually with a picture of fairly average kid behaviour such as her kid playing on a beach, or a slight mess in her house

I think I just don't like the 'we are mad us!' thing so it annoys me more than it should!

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I'm in a Christmas group on facebook, I joined because it was supposed to be for people on a budget. It is literally post after post of people showing off their huge stockpiles already. It's amazing that some people can afford/budget well enough to provide huge piles of gifts like that, but the mum guilt is real for me that I can't do the same. Don't get me wrong my daughter will never go without and have a decent amount of quality presents, but I feel for the people who see posts like that and can't even afford to buy new school uniform, let alone huge piles of presents.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
I'm in a Christmas group on facebook, I joined because it was supposed to be for people on a budget. It is literally post after post of people showing off their huge stockpiles already. It's amazing that some people can afford/budget well enough to provide huge piles of gifts like that, but the mum guilt is real for me that I can't do the same. Don't get me wrong my daughter will never go without and have a decent amount of quality presents, but I feel for the people who see posts like that and can't even afford to buy new school uniform, let alone huge piles of presents.
Nobody needs 200 presents. Those piles are kind of sickening, and it's mostly tat too that'll end up in a landfill. It's the smug look the mum's always poses with that is the icing on the crappy cake.

I'm not a parent, but, it winds me up when parents give their kid an xbox (for eg) and label it 'from Santa'. Santa doesn't seem to give all the kids xboxes..... I think it would be nice if parents made a collective decision to put a spend limit on a gift from Santa, so come the new school term you don't get kids wondering why Santa didn't bring them something as expensive.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Nobody needs 200 presents. Those piles are kind of sickening, and it's mostly tat too that'll end up in a landfill. It's the smug look the mum's always poses with that is the icing on the crappy cake.

I'm not a parent, but, it winds me up when parents give their kid an xbox (for eg) and label it 'from Santa'. Santa doesn't seem to give all the kids xboxes..... I think it would be nice if parents made a collective decision to put a spend limit on a gift from Santa, so come the new school term you don't get kids wondering why Santa didn't bring them something as expensive.
Yes!! My daughter is only 2, but as a child, my mum would do smaller gifts from Santa and then the "big" gifts were always from them. This is something I will be doing with my daughter too, I don't ever want her thinking other children have more than she does or getting upset that Santa didn't get her the same as XYZ at school.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
This one might be too specific, but I follow a woman who constantly posts about how 'mad and crazy' her life is.

Daily mishaps/dramas, followed by comments about 'the mad house' or 'my life is carnage' or the worst one 'we are that chaos family!' usually with a picture of fairly average kid behaviour such as her kid playing on a beach, or a slight mess in her house

I think I just don't like the 'we are mad us!' thing so it annoys me more than it should!
Oh definitely. I know someone who constantly refers to her family on SM as "the Crazy Gang". As far as I can see, it's not exactly daring bank heists, more like behaving relatively normally at the local petting zoo 🙄 #crazytho

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Oooooh I have another one related to mum life -

When people constantly post how well their baby/toddler sleeps. I had a very colicky newborn and she didn't sleep through until she was around 15 months, I know how damaging it can be when you're sleep deprived and good old Kathy posts every morning how refreshed she is and that her baby sleeps 12 hours at night!!

Reactions: 15
Those 'I'm mad me' types are often the most passive aggressive people I've come across irl and online. They'll often shoot some comments across if you're not down with their 'wacky' sense of humour

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.