Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I appreciate this is a bit niche -

I am a member of 4 separate fan groups for our local football team. You can guarantee if the club make an announcement on their official page, someone will post it to all 4 fans groups. Like, if you are a fan of the team then you are quite likely to be following their official page right?
Also, people who post the exact same thing in each group - after a game, there are a couple of people who post their thoughts on the match and copy and paste into all 4 groups. Boring!

Reactions: 4
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who finds it irritating. If someone is able to unexpectedly spend £200 in B&m, money isn't a major concern for them. The vloggers who do this annoy me, because they clearly don't think of their followers who maybe struggling and will still spend money they can't afford. I know their viewers are accountable for their own actions, but being a vlogger/influencer puts them in a position to use their platforms for good and not to brag. Sorry for the ramble, I just feel too many greedy people use social media for everything but good
Yeah I'm glad you said this because I feel tit watching them thinking I can't afford to juat randomly go in b&m and buy loads of stuff I would like and it's not an expensive shop plus me and partner both work full time fairly decent wage but still couldn't just do it like they do

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Yeah I'm glad you said this because I feel tit watching them thinking I can't afford to juat randomly go in b&m and buy loads of stuff I would like and it's not an expensive shop plus me and partner both work full time fairly decent wage but still couldn't just do it like they do
The idiots posting the videos probably can’t afford it either. They’ll be up to their necks in credit cards and loan debts. There’s a lady I’m connected to on FB and I know for a fact she has a staggering amount of debt but it doesn’t stop her posting about all the useless tit she keeps buying. The debt mountain keeps growing but one day it’s going to hit her hard.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Twats who call clothes ‘pieces’.

‘What pieces are you wearing today’
‘What pieces are going in your capsule wardrobe’

Twats

came onto tattle especially to add that one today 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Twats who call clothes ‘pieces’.

‘What pieces are you wearing today’
‘What pieces are going in your capsule wardrobe’

Twats

came onto tattle especially to add that one today 🤣
Oh, the "capsule wardrobe" crap has been around for years. In the days before SM, the fashion mags were full of articles at the start of every season, with helpful suggestions of different ways to wear your £500 smart jacket, and your £300 cashmere sweater (never a jumper, always a "sweater" 🙄) and your £800 leather boots, which were highly impractical if you have to jump on and off the train or tube to work.
Everyone that I knew had a wardrobe full of Top Shop t-shirts, and a big coat from Chelsea Girl, no-one spent more than thirty quid on any one "piece". 😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Oh, the "capsule wardrobe" crap has been around for years. In the days before SM, the fashion mags were full of articles at the start of every season, with helpful suggestions of different ways to wear your £500 smart jacket, and your £300 cashmere sweater (never a jumper, always a "sweater" 🙄) and your £800 leather boots, which were highly impractical if you have to jump on and off the train or tube to work.
Everyone that I knew had a wardrobe full of Top Shop t-shirts, and a big coat from Chelsea Girl, no-one spent more than thirty quid on any one "piece". 😂😂
Yes it was Donna Karan who coined that phrase years ago, and also 'statement pieces' as in, you can chuck on any old sweater and a pair of scruffy jeans but if you add a £400.00 'statement' coat or jacket your good to go 🙄

The issue I have with capsule wardrobes on social media are that they all look so similar - everything is cream and grey with the odd bit of taupe thrown in to spice things up, no patterns and similar types of textures.

If people do like that style then that's great - more power to them, but saying 'you can pair this neutral item with this other neutral item or you can even pair it with this neutral item instead' is so mundane.

A capsule wardrobe that incorporates a handful of colourful or patterned items and shows how you can still make a variety of looks would be so much more interesting.

Reactions: 7
On a similar thread to the capsule wardrobe thing,I hate when influencers do videos where they put away their winter wardrobe and bring out their spring one etc and give ‘hacks’ on how to do it when I’m sitting with all the clothes I own on one crappy wardrobe rail because my kids and husband have taken the rest of the space lol. I don’t have a summer/winter/spring/autumn wardrobe, I have a ‘this stuff sort of fits and has minimal stains/wear and tear so it will have to do because there always seems to be something else that needs money’ wardrobe lol.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Sometimes I wonder how fascistic dictatorial regimes were allowed to take hold but then I encounter one of those moderators on a community Facebook group and I completely understand why.

The bloke in charge of my hometown’s page is constantly policing people’s harmless interactions and acting the martyr about how hard a job it is to approve or delete a couple of Facebook posts. He even proclaimed where flowers should be placed recently when a member of the community died tragically. We were provided with a photo of the patch of grass.

Some people act like absolute idiots when given just a little bit of “power”. It’s almost scary.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Sometimes I wonder how fascistic dictatorial regimes were allowed to take hold but then I encounter one of those moderators on a community Facebook group and I completely understand why.

The bloke in charge of my hometown’s page is constantly policing people’s harmless interactions and acting the martyr about how hard a job it is to approve or delete a couple of Facebook posts. He even proclaimed where flowers should be placed recently when a member of the community died tragically. We were provided with a photo of the patch of grass.

Some people act like absolute idiots when given just a little bit of “power”. It’s almost scary.
The 'power-mod' situation is what will kill Reddit imo. It's become a big problem over there. There's one person who mods over 2000 subs, and another mod who deletes others posts to repost himself (he is affiliated with a popular FB meme group). It's all kind of pathetic if you ask me.

The other end of the scale is just annoying. Mods who let anything fly and are too nice. I was part of an art group on FB, and one user was clearly lonely and needed attention, but their work was tit. Like primary school level tit. Mods were overly nice and let him practically spam the group and most decent people left because of it. It weren't too bad when you ignored him, but if anyone commented something positive, it was like opening the flood gates, you'd get variations of the thing commented on all week long. I felt bad for the guy, he obvs had problems, but duck me, he was tit at art!!!

• Haha
I’ve just seen another compo face story about secondary school uniform. This time a mother is moaning that her daughter’s skirt is deemed unacceptable. The policy is “knee length”. Cue a photo of the daughter wearing a skirt halfway up her thighs 🤣

Haven’t seen any compo face stories about boys haircuts yet. I’m sure it won’t be long.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
If my parents had been splashed all over the local newspaper holding up two skirts with their best compo face basically telling everyone I had massive hips I’d never of spoken to them again. Bet she got some stick Monday morning. I wonder when the hairstyle one will appear?
or the Mum that's spent £150 on some black trainers knowing darn well these are not allowed at their kids school! who then goes to papers as she doesnt have the money to buy shoes so the kid cant go into school and isnt getting their education

• Haha
Reactions: 12
or the Mum that's spent £150 on some black trainers knowing darn well these are not allowed at their kids school! who then goes to papers as she doesnt have the money to buy shoes so the kid cant go into school and isnt getting their education
I’ve just remembered I saw something similar yesterday! A parent was raging because she’d bought two pairs of Kickers ankle boots from tbe “school shoes” section of a website. School have said that boots aren’t allowed. Parent screaming “BUT THE WEBSITE PUT THEM IN THE SCHOOL SHOES SECTION!” 🤣

Kill me now.

• Haha
I’ve just seen another compo face story about secondary school uniform. This time a mother is moaning that her daughter’s skirt is deemed unacceptable. The policy is “knee length”. Cue a photo of the daughter wearing a skirt halfway up her thighs 🤣

Haven’t seen any compo face stories about boys haircuts yet. I’m sure it won’t be long.
Is this the one where she apparently wore the same skirt last year, this is just a size up? 🙄

Reactions: 3
This is a bit of a specific one but it really riles me up...

People who are literally obsessed with true crime - I enjoy listening to a few podcasts myself, but some people go way overboard and forget that real people and their real loved ones have been hurt/killed. Sometimes they'll even harass the families themselves.

I stumbled across this screenshot in a random subreddit... Who the hell has a serial killer tattooed on the back of their neck? I wonder if 'anyone with negative comments' includes the families and friends of the people he murdered. As a lot of the comments said, he wouldn't 'have your back', he would kill you.

Screenshot 2021-09-09 10.41.36.png

It is like the internet version of those women who used to marry serial killers in prison. You get so many people talking about how misunderstood these people were and how they just know they were lovely people deep down and if they had met them then they wouldn't have killed anyone because their love would have saved them - you see it most often with people fantasising about Ted Bundy and the Columbine shooters. It's a big issue on TikTok mostly.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
This is a bit of a specific one but it really riles me up...

People who are literally obsessed with true crime - I enjoy listening to a few podcasts myself, but some people go way overboard and forget that real people and their real loved ones have been hurt/killed. Sometimes they'll even harass the families themselves.

I stumbled across this screenshot in a random subreddit... Who the hell has a serial killer tattooed on the back of their neck? I wonder if 'anyone with negative comments' includes the families and friends of the people he murdered. As a lot of the comments said, he wouldn't 'have your back', he would kill you.

It is like the internet version of those women who used to marry serial killers in prison. You get so many people talking about how misunderstood these people were and how they just know they were lovely people deep down and if they had met them then they wouldn't have killed anyone because their love would have saved them - you see it most often with people fantasising about Ted Bundy and the Columbine shooters. It's a big issue on TikTok mostly.
Couldn't agree more. Some people get disgustingly obsessed with true crime stuff. I like to watch docs on the subject, but I mostly keep it to myself, and prefer the programmes that deal with the impact of the crime, rather than anything sensationalist.

The Ted Bundy thing is ridiculous. Yeah, he was a good looking bloke, but he deserved what he got, he was a monster.

Reactions: 5
Things like this tweets replies drive me mad! People cant do wrong for doing right ...
why cant people just read something like this and think ah thats a good idea..but no someone always has to find an issue or be offended by it! say what about a womans one, thats a bit negative calling it that..oh your shaming people!

The thing about true crime culture on the internet that really irks me is the request for “No spoilers!!!” over some poor woman’s murder that’s featured on a Netflix doc or something.

That kind of behaviour is evidence that we have crossed the Rubicon from “informative media” to “trashy entertainment”

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.