Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Someone I know posts things on their instagram account when they don’t want certain people to see it on Facebook. Doesn’t really work though because someone who does follow their ig inevitably sees the Instagram post and then will pass the gossip on to everyone else anyway. Just don’t post it at all if you want it to be a big secret.

Reactions: 8
Those 'I'm mad me' types are often the most passive aggressive people I've come across irl and online. They'll often shoot some comments across if you're not down with their 'wacky' sense of humour
Yes totally!

Also so many that I know just want to prove a point all the time! If people don't indulge in the 'aren't you crazy?!' stuff, they start trying to get noticed in other ways. Drives me mad.

Reactions: 5
People who've had mental health problems then acting as if they're the gatekeepers of it. People can experience and deal with things differently, doesn't make it any less valid or serious.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Every single new chocolate or biscuit product is orange flavoured? There are other flavours and orange isn't the best one. It's like everything is - 'and orange'.

Reactions: 18
Just seen a variation on the missing/found pet front. A very vividly coloured but clearly wild bird in a cardboard box full of bird seed, uninjured with the caption, "anyone missing this bird?" So the local wild birds can't even land in anyone's garden now without fear of being scooped up and flogged on Facebook 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Just seen a variation on the missing/found pet front. A very vividly coloured but clearly wild bird in a cardboard box full of bird seed, uninjured with the caption, "anyone missing this bird?" So the local wild birds can't even land in anyone's garden now without fear of being scooped up and flogged on Facebook 🙄
It’s the cat ones that get me, does anyone know who’s cat this is, it’s wandering around…..🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 14
People who always feel like they have to one up each other like they'll be a Facebook article about a woman who gave birth to triplets with no epidural and you'll always get one twit in the comment who's like 'my nan gave birth to 8 kids naturally and is still a size 6" 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Parents posting back to school pictures of their kids. No one gives a duck what little Jimmy looks like in his school uniform. 😬

• Haha
first person when you type A tag they have 15 minutes to reply or they owe you a McDonald’s 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Videos of a balloon being popped (or whatever) at a gender reveal party and everyone screeching and yelling with delight.

There is literally no scenario in that context where booing or any expression of disappointment is appropriate. So why bother?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Wishing I'd never joined Tattle and had just stayed as a lurker... but today yet another thing that annoys me no end, on Instagram - those people with about 100 followers who tag aaallll their outfits & all their make-up & all their kitchen equipment, in the hope of somehow becoming an influencer. That boat sailed a long time ago Cheryl, nobody cares about your Asda jumper or your Primark cushions. You need either sh*tloads of followers or fantastic photos but if you've got neither, you're not going to get an affiliate deal or a discount code. And don't even get me started on a woman I know who takes her Disney toys out on trips and talks about them as if they were her children, and tags them in her posts.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
Just spotted another thing that’s made me laugh at the hypocrisy. A woman on insta has 1 kid, aged about 4 I think (just saw her on a insta video) and is all about consent. Got to ask her child for consent to hug or consent to kiss him. Ok if that’s what floats your boat. HOWEVER this kid has been on her insta since birth. What. About. That. Consent. You utter pancake. I’d be more concerned about that consent than if you can give your own child a cuddle 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Videos of a balloon being popped (or whatever) at a gender reveal party and everyone screeching and yelling with delight.

There is literally no scenario in that context where booing or any expression of disappointment is appropriate. So why bother?
I really despise gender reveals. Just…no! Stop ✋🏾

• Heart
48 days until Halloween and I’ve just seen my first annual warning for parents to check their children’s trick or treating sweets for drugs 🙄.
Why do people share this bullshit? It’s the same thing come November with the it’s offensive to wear a poppy blah blah.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.