Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just seen a variation on the missing/found pet front. A very vividly coloured but clearly wild bird in a cardboard box full of bird seed, uninjured with the caption, "anyone missing this bird?" So the local wild birds can't even land in anyone's garden now without fear of being scooped up and flogged on Facebook 🙄
I haven’t read the thread all the way through so I’m sorry if I’m repeating but this gets right on my tits 😅 ‘hi guys I’ve seen this cat once and it’s definitely a stray because he’s meowing for some food, he is probably going to starve to death any minute so if no one claims him in 28 seconds I’ll keep him because he’s clearly chosen ME’

my friend’s cat didn’t come home for ages and she found him about a month later - he was sat chilling happily in someone else’s window a couple of streets away and she did a double take when she suddenly realised it was her bloody cat 😂😭

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
Especially when they are the type to have hundreds of Facebook friends and they don't cover up the name of the school.
It's stupid just covering up the name! If you really had the inkling, you'd just need to see the colour of jumper and work out from there all the local schools who wear that colour, and boom, you'll know the school. Same goes for high schoolers, the parents post a pic with the blazer badge covered, but leave the very distinguishable tie on show.

Reactions: 15
It’s the cat ones that get me, does anyone know who’s cat this is, it’s wandering around…..🙄
There was a photo of a sleeping cat on someone's garden the other day, with a post wondering if anyone had lost it. No! It's a cat! They go out for hours at a time
I haven’t read the thread all the way through so I’m sorry if I’m repeating but this gets right on my tits 😅 ‘hi guys I’ve seen this cat once and it’s definitely a stray because he’s meowing for some food, he is probably going to starve to death any minute so if no one claims him in 28 seconds I’ll keep him because he’s clearly chosen ME’

my friend’s cat didn’t come home for ages and she found him about a month later - he was sat chilling happily in someone else’s window a couple of streets away and she did a double take when she suddenly realised it was her bloody cat 😂😭
Just seen the best cat post... A picture of just a collar and tag with a house number, postcode and phone number on and someone asking if it belongs to anyone! So not only have they plastered someone's address /phone number in a local group for 10k + people to see, the whole point of a collar and tag appears to be lost on them... Why not just ring the number or go to the address? To be fair, the poster did get ripped to shreds over this!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
There is a lady on our local facebook page who at least once a day posts lost/found items. I used to think she was the person within the admin that dealt with these posts, but no, it seems she is finding lost items on a daily basis and sending them to the page. There's been everything from glasses, jackets, keys, driving licences and bank cards. The best one was her asking who owned the keyring. It wasn't an actual keyring, it was just the silver loop... nothing else! Who the hell is going to claim that?

I'm beginning to think she is a pickpocket who nicks things on purpose just so she can get her Pride of Britain Award for reuniting Mr Smith with his missing glove.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
and Christmas chocolates for sale.

A couple of neighbours have non-garish Christmas lights up and it's quite nice (it's been a horrible two years) but I hate a) all this cashing in on it and b) all the watering down of it. As a kid getting chocolate coins in my stocking was amazing because they only existed once per year.

It's just not the same impact for a kid these days when you can get chocolate coins on a random Thursday in September and have an advent calendar in October.

Not to mention all the people who find Christmas a really hard time of year to cope with and don't need it thrown at them for three/four months a year.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
People moaning that the local council does nothing for the town its a dive blah blah blah and then when they do , it's apparently a waste of money!! Can't win!!

Reactions: 18
There was a photo of a sleeping cat on someone's garden the other day, with a post wondering if anyone had lost it. No! It's a cat! They go out for hours at a time

Just seen the best cat post... A picture of just a collar and tag with a house number, postcode and phone number on and someone asking if it belongs to anyone! So not only have they plastered someone's address /phone number in a local group for 10k + people to see, the whole point of a collar and tag appears to be lost on them... Why not just ring the number or go to the address? To be fair, the poster did get ripped to shreds over this!
this is like when people find a driving license and don’t just… post it to the address on the license??? 🤦🏼‍♀️ sometimes I think it’s people wanting to be publicly praised for their ‘good deed’

Someone once found mine (no idea how I’d lost it, I hadn’t even realised) and they posted a photo of the full thing without obscuring anything - name, address, dob, license number - on a local group with about 30k+ people 😖😖😖😖

obviously it wasn’t malicious but at the time I’d moved house/changed my car because my ex was making me feel really unsafe. Even though it was fine and nothing happened, it was the last thing I needed!

• Wow
Reactions: 17
this is like when people find a driving license and don’t just… post it to the address on the license??? 🤦🏼‍♀️ sometimes I think it’s people wanting to be publicly praised for their ‘good deed’

Someone once found mine (no idea how I’d lost it, I hadn’t even realised) and they posted a photo of the full thing without obscuring anything - name, address, dob, license number - on a local group with about 30k+ people 😖😖😖😖

obviously it wasn’t malicious but at the time I’d moved house/changed my car because my ex was making me feel really unsafe. Even though it was fine and nothing happened, it was the last thing I needed!
I have come to the conclusion a lot of people are really not clever. Ive seen posts on Facebook with people's full card numbers and sort code etc 🙄

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
I have come to the conclusion a lot of people are really not clever. Ive seen posts on Facebook with people's full card numbers and sort code etc 🙄
a quick scroll through my newsfeed confirms that conclusion too 🤣

edited to add another annoyance which is a slightly deep/mental health one:

people who share ‘it’s okay to not be okay, my door is always open’ on their Instagram when their own friends have been trying desperately to reach out for support from them for months and have received sweet FA effort 🥰 mental health awareness day last week made me so angry with all the performative tit being posted by mates who constantly come to me for support/advice but haven’t given me a scrap of support in return since I became disabled 🙄

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
When one influencer shares a story and tags other influencers that you follow, who in turn share the story they’ve been tagged in…so you end up seeing the story over and over again 🙄😩

• Haha
Reactions: 13
sorry if its been mentioned already, somebody posting in south England that they are missing a dog / cat whatever, someone replies "shared Glasgow" 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Im quite new to tattle ad this is my first post in this thread so apologies in advance if its been said already but people pronouncing 'asked' as 'Arkst' drives me bonkers 😅
also the endless forex scammers and those honeycomb scrunch bum leggings that promise miracles

People who post things like "anyone know what time the corner shop shuts?" or other equally annoying things that would be quicker to google than to post on fb then wait for a reply!

This is so specific and so not sure it qualifies but I am sick of seeing Laura Clery and Steven Hilton all over my social media feeds. I get that having kids/babies is not an easy ride, all their content seems to be just whiny and how difficult is it leaving the house with kids, or actually just do anything with kids. they go on as thought they are the only people in the world to have ever had children!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Thanks to my fans for the good wishes…fans? They are followers are they not?

Reactions: 8
People posting pics of their babies/kids naked in the bath or on the potty etc and thinking it’s ok to just put an emoji over them. There are so many weirdos on the internet why would you expose your children to that. It really creeps me out! Give the poor kids some privacy

• Heart
Reactions: 22

I’m waiting for someone to post a picture of my cats in the window of my house (they like to sit and people watch) asking if they’re lost or stuck. Some people just have no brain cells to use.

This ones a bit controversial but it annoys me. I follow a few people who’ve had MMC, or struggled to conceive and the vitriol they spew at people who post about their successful pregnancies is crazy. I understand that the pain and sadness with those events must be unbearable but you can’t expect people to police everything they post “just in case” someone had a negative, opposite experience. It’s this assumption that their posts are a pointed attack at them. Turn the phone off, go outside and unfollow/block that person if you need to.

Reactions: 10
People who comment 'omg I Iove them' or 'omg I just love them' on photos of their friend's kids who they barely know/met in real life 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.