Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The constant posts of "Dog Lost" to the reply Liked and Shared in Swindon. (Meanwhile the post is from 2005 of a dog lost in Canada. )

And...people on Facebook wishing their Nan/ Grandad a happy birthday in heaven especially when they died pre smartphones/FB etc. Are there pensioners strollling and scrolling in heaven waiting for these psots😅

Loving this forum!!
With the standard back and forth....

'Aunt Jean, why are you sharing about a lost Dog in Canada when we're in Swindon?'

'Just in case love x'

• Haha
Reactions: 16
This!! People begging for likes and comments, it's ridiculous! And thinking Instagram is hiding their posts, nah it ain't mate people just don't necessarily like it!

(This screenshot is purely I thought to take one while on their story, that person is one of many who frequently beg!)
Yes! "I've been shadowbanned!"

Nah love your content is just tit.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Every one is a master cake baker these days. People selling cakes and what not on their social media accounts. “Got 3 spare boxes of cupcakes, be quick!” Who knows what their kitchens look like or if they have pets?! Sod off.
Just curious ré the pet comment? I don't get it... Please educate me

This!! People begging for likes and comments, it's ridiculous! And thinking Instagram is hiding their posts, nah it ain't mate people just don't necessarily like it!

(This screenshot is purely I thought to take one while on their story, that person is one of many who frequently beg!)
can’t stand the ‘please like’ beggers or ‘algorithm is messed up’, i unfollow immediately, they don’t get engagement and lose a follower

Reactions: 8
can’t stand the ‘please like’ beggers or ‘algorithm is messed up’, i unfollow immediately, they don’t get engagement and lose a follower
Yes!! Same 🤣

Yes! "I've been shadowbanned!"

Nah love your content is just tit.

Saw someone ask recently if people had seen their post cos it's been hidden and all that... 100% said seen it 🤣 🤣 🤣 If that doesn't say tit content I don't know what does!

Last edited:
  • Haha
When people title their Strava run as "easy" or "slow" and its 8 minute miles.

Reactions: 6
Also, when people play on emotions for likes! "I've had a tit day, please show me some love and help me feel better" and "Bob thinks he won't get as many likes as his brothers cos he's not a triplet, please prove him wrong" along with a video of said child asking for likes if people think he did a good job on an ad for mummy!! 😠 😠

• Haha
Reactions: 7

What I hate even more about begging for likes and comments is when they share the post and purposely put it in a place where I can’t quickly tap past it without going into the post (exactly how it is in the screenshot). Annoying as duck and guaranteed not to get a like from me now

Reactions: 1
*stretches fingers over keyboard

People who post vague crap with any of the following - Stay Tuned/Big News Coming/Can't wait to tell you all.
People who for no reason post a little montage of their partner thanking them for being them. And you know they are both pieces of tit. Sub cat of this would be any "my life/my whole world".
People who post something very impressive or beautiful and do the "state of me" or "I only managed to run 54 miles this morning as was feeling a bit off"
People who set up SM pages for their pets.
People who jump on bandwagons about things they don't understand and that don't involve them, whilst doing literally nothing to actually support the cause in real life.
People who post "cute" photos of their baby/toddler/kid literally covered in food/milk/chocolate/snot - :sick:

People who overly format their piece of tit post with fonts and colours and make it all look so "fancy"

• Haha
Reactions: 39
So called influencers, partners who start thinking they are celebrities and behave like idiots. I really can't wait for the whole influencer world to start disappearing. Lazy greedy people, who become entitled and expect everything for free

Reactions: 21
So called influencers, partners who start thinking they are celebrities and behave like idiots. I really can't wait for the whole influencer world to start disappearing. Lazy greedy people, who become entitled and expect everything for free
Agreed. The only ones I actually follow are the original style bloggers, the craft ones, the sewing ones, etc, ones that actually share tips on things, they often seem more humble, though that said it seems everyone and their pet dog is shilling Cricut machines at the moment but most of the time the crafty ones don't push too many products.

my cousin recently had a baby and is doing my head in on SM. Uploading tonnes of photos everyday and now a montage video of her whole pregnancy which we have already seen each photo separately over the past 9 months!! Yawn

Reactions: 10
Few things on forums that annoy me:

It makes me cringe a bit when forum users refer to their partner as Mr/Mrs [insert username here]. I thought it was just Mumsnet but I've seen it on others too. ..probably makes me sound a miserable cow 😆

When people use acronyms for words or names that they can just as easily type out (thus avoiding confusion for others)

When someone asks a question or advice on a public forum, and another person replies "I've private messaged you the answer". There was one instance that really annoyed me on a different forum. Someone created a thread asking a question. Another user posted a really well thought out response that answered it. Someone else came along and quoted the person "I've already messaged the OP the answer ages ago". I thought that was really rude, so I told them so 😆 I couldn't help it.

A social media one that makes me cringe for no reason:

When a TV/film person posts a picture of themselves, and their co-stars just put emojis in the comments (which always have loads of likes)

Saw a "mum influencer" earlier asking if any of their influencer friends had an email for Coop, trying to get a PR contact! Fucks sake go buy your own tit entitled scum 😠

• Heart
An old school friend always posts pictures of broomsticks this time of year, with the tone of, come on ladies, we’re witches and fun! - er, no, not really. The witch thing applied to older women always seems ageist and misogynistic to me.

Reactions: 3
Not long to go now guys before the Poppy mafia starts with their bullshit.
You know the ones “I will wear my poppy and I don’t care who it offends”
Mate NO ONE is offended over a paper poppy although you do kind of have to see the irony as they absolutely lose their tit if people don’t wear one.

Few things on forums that annoy me:

It makes me cringe a bit when forum users refer to their partner as Mr/Mrs [insert username here]. I thought it was just Mumsnet but I've seen it on others too. ..probably makes me sound a miserable cow 😆
I’m guilty of this sometimes sorry 🙊

Reactions: 11
The free share thing that’s doin the rounds on instagram atm, most of the mum accounts I follow have started sharing it and I don’t get it

Reactions: 2
I swear people like this put themselves through extreme inconvenience just to get a few likes online.

Surely the normal reaction would be to put traps down the very second that you noticed any disturbance/droppings? But no, this lot took loads of photos across an extended period of time and uploaded them to Twitter.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.