Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The ones asking you to display a certain status on their timeline of whatever cause along with “I think I know the ones who will” 😡

Reactions: 17
The free share thing that’s doin the rounds on instagram atm, most of the mum accounts I follow have started sharing it and I don’t get it
Yes! I was just about to post this. What is with this free-trade free share thing?? Either I'm missing a trick here or I'm right to be cynical and it's a load of rubbish.

Reactions: 2
Yes! I was just about to post this. What is with this free-trade free share thing?? Either I'm missing a trick here or I'm right to be cynical and it's a load of rubbish.
It seems too good to be true doesn't it? 😬 Looks dodgy to me.

Reactions: 2
Is this where you get on free trade and if someone refers you, you get a free share?

If so, you do get a free share on free trade. Can't remember if you need to load some money on it first or not but you do get a free one

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Not long to go now guys before the Poppy mafia starts with their bullshit.
You know the ones “I will wear my poppy and I don’t care who it offends”
Mate NO ONE is offended over a paper poppy although you do kind of have to see the irony as they absolutely lose their tit if people don’t wear one.

I’m guilty of this sometimes sorry 🙊
I collect every year for the poppy appeal. My other half is a veteran. This annoys me too. Poppies are not compulsory ffs. If they were they’d fail to hold meaning. Wear 1, don’t wear 1. Buy a paper 1 every year or buy a metal 1 and display it. These folk that berate tv presenters for not wearing 1. They fought for freedom of choice. The irony makes me smile

• Heart
Reactions: 12
my cousin recently had a baby and is doing my head in on SM. Uploading tonnes of photos everyday and now a montage video of her whole pregnancy which we have already seen each photo separately over the past 9 months!! Yawn
OH has a cousin who got married about two weekends after us in June. She’s been posting pictures, videos, reels of the wedding since the day after she got married. Every other day. EVERY OTHER DAY. SINCE JUNE.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
OH has a cousin who got married about two weekends after us in June. She’s been posting pictures, videos, reels of the wedding since the day after she got married. Every other day. EVERY OTHER DAY. SINCE JUNE.
You know they will repost all those next year (and every year) when Facebook reminds them of their memories (assuming it's Facebook).

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I hate when they post pictures of someone’s birthday wishing them happy birthday and the pictures is of them all together on the wedding.

Or when it’s like “how cute does my little flower girl look in this picture” *flower girl is barely visible while bride takes up the whole screen*

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this..but Christmas Eve when people post pictures of HUNDREDS of gifts wrapped for their kids. I find it so unbelievably crass and so unnecessary.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
That Will Smith tiktok dance on my ig explore page 🙄 if I’ve seen it once I’ve seen it a thousand timesssss

Reactions: 1
Is this where you get on free trade and if someone refers you, you get a free share?

If so, you do get a free share on free trade. Can't remember if you need to load some money on it first or not but you do get a free one
Yes you need to load £1 on it. You also need to put your bank details and national insurance number in. Is it like a pyramid scheme where everyone puts a small amount in but only the people at the top make a decent sum from it or is it actual shares on the open market?... Confused. I feel like every instagrammer is promoting it at the moment as if you click their specific link they get a free share so the more followers they have the more money they will make and the little people at the bottom who have no one to click on their link will make the bare minimum.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Yes you need to load £1 on it. You also need to put your bank details and national insurance number in. Is it like a pyramid scheme where everyone puts a small amount in but only the people at the top make a decent sum from it or is it actual shares on the open market?... Confused. I feel like every instagrammer is promoting it at the moment as if you click their specific link they get a free share so the more followers they have the more money they will make and the little people at the bottom who have no one to click on their link will make the bare minimum.
My understanding is its normal shares on an open market, do you get anything for referring people, apart from another free share? My friends use it and I have it but hardly look at it so don't actually know about the referrals etc. The free share I got is doing terribly though 🤣 other ones have been up and down, I'm up whole 8 pounds since I began investing though 😎

Reactions: 3
As I’ve said before I’ve got a friend. For weeks before her wedding it was a countdown. Then pics of the day. Now it’s an after count. Every day it’s “40 days since you made me the happiest blah blah”. I’ve seen more photos of her wedding than mrs Hinchs wedding and that’s saying something 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
*stretches fingers over keyboard

People who post vague crap with any of the following - Stay Tuned/Big News Coming/Can't wait to tell you all.
People who for no reason post a little montage of their partner thanking them for being them. And you know they are both pieces of tit. Sub cat of this would be any "my life/my whole world".
People who post something very impressive or beautiful and do the "state of me" or "I only managed to run 54 miles this morning as was feeling a bit off"
People who set up SM pages for their pets.
People who jump on bandwagons about things they don't understand and that don't involve them, whilst doing literally nothing to actually support the cause in real life.
People who post "cute" photos of their baby/toddler/kid literally covered in food/milk/chocolate/snot - :sick:

People who overly format their piece of tit post with fonts and colours and make it all look so "fancy"
My dog has a fb page, would you like the link?! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 12
People or businesses that have a full stop after their profile name on Facebook. Such a tiny thing but it sets me off 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
A mum I follow on Instagram does an ad for every other post and it pisses me offfff, you ain’t some big time influencer love calm down, I want to unfollow but she’s the sort to message you and be like why?! She messaged me when I left this mum loop chat thing we were in together 🥴

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.