Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Birthday wishes photos posted by a friend featuring b'day girl and the posting friend. The photo shows the friend looking stunning and the birthday girl not so flattering.
You're not celebrating your friend, you found a photo where you look good 🤷‍♀️
It really annoys me that this has become a thing. I don't understand why people have to post pictures of them with the birthday person. We get it. You know them. Stop making this about you. Especially stop making it about you looking great and them not looking their best!

Reactions: 12
People with their RIP’s and the ‘fly high with the angles’
Angles!
bleeping angles!!!! 🤯
There’s someone in our local Facebook page who periodically posts a (very, very badly) photoshopped photo of Capt Tom Moore in ‘heaven’ with some kind of RIP angles caption. bleeping nutter.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
There’s someone in our local Facebook page who periodically posts a (very, very badly) photoshopped photo of Capt Tom Moore in ‘heaven’ with some kind of RIP angles caption. bleeping nutter.
Oh my! Facebook is full of terrible photoshop for these kind of things isn't it? Always wings and rainbows over twee quotes.

Reactions: 8
My cousin (who is a terror for shite like this) recently posted a thing that said "girls called these names are the most likely to put their Christmas tree up early" - and one of them was Fatima. Fatima!! I don't know any girls named Fatima who are putting up Christmas trees...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
People, usually women bragging about their ‘Reno’ or house build. It’s got gold taps & expensive Japanese toilets & marble this & that & cost an exorbitant amount of money. The house tour to show it all off🤑. No one cares, more so now when some people struggle to feed their family.
So boastful it makes me sick.

Reactions: 13
People, usually women bragging about their ‘Reno’ or house build. It’s got gold taps & expensive Japanese toilets & marble this & that & cost an exorbitant amount of money. The house tour to show it all off🤑. No one cares, more so now when some people struggle to feed their family.
Someone I know posted that they didn't know which copper bath to choose to go in their new house and needed help deciding as granny and grandpa were paying for it. Both options were in excess of £5000.
Why??

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Pen Farthing and everyone associated with him screaming that anything possibly negative is some sort of smear campaign

I understood being angry at blatant misinformation being spread by the media. But now the Charity Commission being confirmed must also mean that it’s a part of this smear campaign. Like dude, just put out a normal statement, give them all the information they request and move on 🙄

It honestly can’t be healthy to make people associate anything against their view point as part of something almost conspiracy like

• Heart
Reactions: 3
.... all for bling-bling......and all plumbed in with crap quick-fix plastic pipes , etc. All fail and break in 3 years ....

Reactions: 2
Back to the annoying dog ad on YouTube (I get it ALL the time btw), I thought the dogs name was Rufus, which she annoyingly pronounces as Ruff-is rather than Roof-is 🤷‍♀️

Also rather strangely, last night I got the full Westlife Uptown Girl video as a YouTube ad (it was skippable at a point, but I listened to the whole thing because it's been years since I've seen it 🤣). I got Little Mix last week, but at least that looked like a new single, UG must be at least 20 years old now!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
People commenting on things they've either not read properly or don't understand.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Celebs etc in hospital posting from their with sad face. Or worse still showing pictures of their kids in hospital. Ronan Keating has just posted with intrusive pictures of his son.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Every one is a master cake baker these days. People selling cakes and what not on their social media accounts. “Got 3 spare boxes of cupcakes, be quick!” Who knows what their kitchens look like or if they have pets?! Sod off.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I hate the pregnancy underwear pictures and then the postpartum underwear shots. I just don't get it, who wants to see someone in their underwear on social media. I think it's a desperate form of attention seeking and needing validation
My news feed is littered with the full term pregnancy photo shoot ALL having the following:
- floaty, transparent dress with underwear on full display
- floral crown
- breezy, beach location
- obligatory husband behind holding belly
- full hair and makeup professionally done
GAGGING. I get trends and such, but does anyone have a bleeping original idea anymore? No wait, what am I saying? I NEVER want to see you in any state of undress, thanks very much.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 26
People who post about a news story and yell “WhY iSn’T tHiS bEiNg RePoRtEd By ThE mAiNsTrEaM mEdIa?!?!?!”

Its especially hilarious when that caption is accompanied by a link to an article from a mainstream news source.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Every one is a master cake baker these days. People selling cakes and what not on their social media accounts. “Got 3 spare boxes of cupcakes, be quick!” Who knows what their kitchens look like or if they have pets?! Sod off.
Are they not breaching hygiene rules? I thought there was a lot of hoo haa regarding homemade cakes etc at fetes because everything has to conform to hygiene rules and regs

Reactions: 7
Are they not breaching hygiene rules? I thought there was a lot of hoo haa regarding homemade cakes etc at fetes because everything has to conform to hygiene rules and regs
Yep, you have to have the council inspect your kitchen so most of these faebook cooks are probably breaking the guidelines.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.