Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Slightly off topic but: do they?

I don’t drive and use trains or walk to get around. Even in an extreme scenario where petrol was rationed only for the emergency services, delivery vehicles, key workers and so on, I would be pretty fine.
well you’re one of the lucky ones then, but majority aren’t. People need to get to work, not everyone lives somewhere with good public transport links. If my husband couldn’t drive to work it would take him 2 hours door to door to get to his work place, he already leaves at 5:45am and thats when he drives.

Reactions: 12
I could go without using petrol for a few days but need it at somepoint in the week.

Thing is if there's a shortage, public transport will still be impacted. Buses need it, lorries need it to get food around the country etc. Even if you don't use it personally, it impacts your life in other ways.

Reactions: 7
I’ve just seen a FB market place post with someone selling cans of petrol for a ridiculous amount of money. I despair. I really do. Idiots like that are exactly why there is a bloody shortage! If everyone had carried on as normal yesterday we wouldn’t be in this mess! People 🙄😡🙄
Itll settle down again in a few days time, its just dickheads believing any old tit whipped up as hysteria on the 24hr news channels.

Reactions: 5
Itll settle down again in a few days time, its just dickheads believing any old tit whipped up as hysteria on the 24hr news channels.
I know but it’s totally unnecessary chaos in the mean time. There will be people worrying about getting to work, getting to hospital treatments, getting to their elderly or ill relatives. There will be delays in deliveries and shops without products. And it didn’t have to happen 🙄😡

Reactions: 8
Life felt so much simpler when you had the 12 o'clock news, the 6 o'clock news, the 9 o'clock news and, if something major happened, a newspaper the next day.

...Though I was a kid so that might be why it felt simpler.

Reactions: 18
Oh the Internet and 24 hour news has a lot to answer for

My local tesco seems to be a bit more normal now. Still busy but I couldn't see any queues

Reactions: 7
I'd say a vast majority of people require fuel on a daily basis. For example I wouldn't be able to get to and from work without it. There's no direct public transport route of any mode so my commute would be over three hours each way and the service also isn't always available at the time I'd need to use it. Not everywhere has train access and buses also require fuel. I know a lot of people are in the same boat.

As an extra example outside of my own circumstances, imagine a situation where you have to drive your children to school then drive on to your place of work each day before driving back in time to collect them from an after school club. If you change the time aspect of any of these because you have to walk or use public transport instead, it makes the whole day unachievable time wise.

If you need to leave an hour earlier in order to catch the bus to work, who will take the children to school as it won't be open at that time? Who collects them if your journey home takes longer than it did and you aren't back in time for when the after school club shuts?

Where does extra money for public transport cost come from because I can tell you from personal experience that it's considerably cheaper to put fuel in your car than buy a train pass.

People need access to their cars.
Absolutely this. We don't all live in areas with brilliant public transport systems. A few days perhaps is manageable but long term is not sustainable, for me anyway.

• Heart
It is a difficult one as some people will genuinely need it but iys quite clear that suddenly people haven't just all run out of petrol at same time lol
Oh yeah deffo agree not all will actually need it and some will just sick of the same articles and comments over and over

Reactions: 2
The constant hypotheticals that come out during any crisis or inconvenience - “think of all the ambulances!”
Honestly, don’t think people buying fuel are going to hear that and scramble back home
And I get it’s an extreme example here because there’s a good chance people will be affected but it happens all the time. Insulate Britain? Think what could happen if an ambulance came past!

Also all the TikToks about taking a gap year and calling people sheep because they went to Uni. Privilege is showing hardddd
I’m sure I could afford to travel but it would leave me in a worse financial spot than student finance, plus I just don’t have the confidence to go off and travel alone
Other people also just don’t want a gap year? It’s such a weird trend

The constant hypotheticals that come out during any crisis or inconvenience - “think of all the ambulances!”
Honestly, don’t think people buying fuel are going to hear that and scramble back home
And I get it’s an extreme example here because there’s a good chance people will be affected but it happens all the time. Insulate Britain? Think what could happen if an ambulance came past!

Also all the TikToks about taking a gap year and calling people sheep because they went to Uni. Privilege is showing hardddd
I’m sure I could afford to travel but it would leave me in a worse financial spot than student finance, plus I just don’t have the confidence to go off and travel alone
Other people also just don’t want a gap year? It’s such a weird trend
How is taking a gap year a trend, that's been popular for at least 25 years. Don't tell me people on tiktok think it's a new thing 🤣🤣

How is taking a gap year a trend, that's been popular for at least 25 years. Don't tell me people on tiktok think it's a new thing 🤣🤣
It’s more like “you didn’t take a gap year? Such a sheep and you’re missing out so much!”

~~

BTS stans. Bro I just want to see people discuss Global Citizen performances, I don’t care that they’re performing first or in 5 mins

Reactions: 1
Just everyone winding each other up all the time. Why do people do it? What does one gain from being constantly outraged and rude to all and sundry? I've never understood this aspect of the internet.

Reactions: 9
People moaning about others "panic buying" petrol , how do they know they haven't genuinely ran out and need it for work etc not everyone will be "panic buying" makes me not want to get petrol when needed incase I end up on the local face book page 🤣
Don’t my sister rang me this morning “do you know you’re on the local news Facebook page panic buying petrol?” I actually wasn’t panic buying I was just getting petrol and a photographer has snapped me in the queue.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Well dunno what all the hype is about but I've just got petrol no problem 🤣 about 4 other cars there!! straight in and out.
(No I'm not panic buying 😆I have a long drive tomorrow )

Reactions: 3
Well dunno what all the hype is about but I've just got petrol no problem 🤣 about 4 other cars there!! straight in and out.
(No I'm not panic buying 😆I have a long drive tomorrow )
Someone on my local Facebook group posted complaining that the local station got a delivery and people were already waiting to fill up. Of course, all that does is just send more people there 😬

• Haha
Hospital selfies are bad enough when it's the patient taking one of themselves, but at least they've been able to consent.

I felt sick at the sight of Ronan Keating's photo of his son in an oxegyn mask. That poor child, having his most private moment invaded by the person who should want to do that the least.

What on earth has social media turned some people into!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Hospital selfies are bad enough when it's the patient taking one of themselves, but at least they've been able to consent.

I felt sick at the sight of Ronan Keating's photo of his son in an oxegyn mask. That poor child, having his most private moment invaded by the person who should want to do that the least.

What on earth has social media turned some people into!
Photos at funerals are the worst

Reactions: 11
Don’t my sister rang me this morning “do you know you’re on the local news Facebook page panic buying petrol?” I actually wasn’t panic buying I was just getting petrol and a photographer has snapped me in the queue.
I hope you let the poster know that was completely inappropriate!! I bet if someone had snapped them they’d be kicking off

Reactions: 1
A girl I knew years ago uploads photos of her uncle’s grave every year on the anniversary of his death. This is, of course, followed by a collage of the same family photos of him, accompanied by a soppy caption.

Over the last few years, this has involved taking photos of her infant son standing next to the grave. He must only be about five or six so can’t have been a year old when this bloke popped his clogs.

So tacky.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.