Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Following on from Pregnant bellies...... Mucky kids. Babies in highchairs covered from head to toe in pasta sauce, or gravy, or chocolate mousse or whatever else they've mushed at their gob that meal time. It makes me feel genuinely sick.
This makes me think of when people post a picture of their sloppy full English, and you can see pink almost raw pieces of bacon on the plate :sick:

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
That child in that article weighs more than me and I am not slim at all. I’m short so it’s not difficult but it’s always a weird one when kids who are like 9/10 end up bigger than me, a 30yo adult.

People who act like their Facebook friends are their own personal audience and they post updates as if others genuinely care that much. It’s so narcissistic.

Reactions: 11
Cake smash photos 🤣 I’m in a baby group that is mainly full of Americans and all our babies turned one at the start of the year. Americans don’t just do ‘cake smash’ no they don’t stop there. I’ve seen ‘chick a fila smash’ which is a one year old with greasy fried chicken round their gob. A Papa Johns smash, a one year old with tomato purée and cheese all round their gob and pizza grease 😅 makes you appreciate the cake ones

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Pregnant people. I know this girl who is pregnant and she put a picture of her bare belly on her story this morning and out ‘happy 4 months bump’ then a separate FB post of a pic of a baby vest, her scan and another pic of her bump with the caption ‘happy 4 months bump. Can’t believe I’ve been growing you for 4 months’ 🥴🥴🥴
I hate the pregnancy underwear pictures and then the postpartum underwear shots. I just don't get it, who wants to see someone in their underwear on social media. I think it's a desperate form of attention seeking and needing validation

Reactions: 19
Speaking of pregnant woman, I know someone who gave birth a few months ago, and she’s recently written a long ass post on Facebook about why she’s no longer going to breastfeed. I literally do not care. As long as your baby is fed, who cares?! The entire post sounds like she’s just trying to justify it to herself but like, get a diary or something then? No one else cares!!!!!! And so many people do it too, it’s infuriating. That’s what I hate seeing on social media, people trying to justify their reasons for not breastfeeding, like anyone actually gives a duck

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Before watching a YouTube vid, is anyone else constantly getting the ad with the woman and her dog "Rumpus", who want to show me how to open an online t-shirt business? So annoying, dog tapping his paws on the keyboard and everything. Luckily its a skip after 5 seconds one.
YES!!!!!! 'im taylin this is rumpus...' who is called taylin? Is that her name? It's all really annoying.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Friend on Facebook was on holiday in Spain last week, uploaded millions of photos of herself ridiculously tanned, like almost mahogany compared to the friends she was with, then complaining she looked a state. She's back at work today (she's a paramedic) posted a heavily filtered pic of her in the ambulance with enormous lips and massive lashes making out she looks a mess because she's back at work on 3 hours sleep. I've seen her after a shift and she doesn't wear make up so she's clearly fishing for compliments

Reactions: 6
Facebook status’ for simple questions that could be googled. For example - “does anyone know if asda is open?”

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I know someone who checks into hospital on FB when she takes her kid to a routine Outpatients appointment. Whhhhy?
Attention

Happy birthday/fathers day/mothers day etc when their parents aren't on social media!

Also RIP everytime someone famous dies. I don't mind the occasional time when it's someone you're a fan of, but every single time...nope

Also tagging someone in and 'the girls would love this' and similar. Usually under theatre show announcements or movies. Or replying to the venue saying they can't wait to attend on x date as their child is such a fan in the hope of special treatment

Reactions: 9
People with their RIP’s and the ‘fly high with the angles’
Angles!
bleeping angles!!!! 🤯

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Seeing ALOT of #schoolrun outfits, is this a thing now? Mums all having a fashion show at the school gates?

Reactions: 7
Thing is with kids photos online is

1) Parents are so worries about peodo that they won't let their kids out or walk to school, but have no issue with posting unlimited pics of their kids online for all to see and keep

2) we have a whole generation coming through who will have all those embarrassing pics online for all to see when we hated even the thought of people seeing our childhood photos. At best they'll be embarrassed, but could there be additional downsides to them knowing so much of their life everyone has knowledge of

Reactions: 9
Seeing ALOT of #schoolrun outfits, is this a thing now? Mums all having a fashion show at the school gates?
I think it’s always been a thing sadly, back in the dark ages before social media when I was doing school runs mothers were trying to outdo each other in the fashion stakes. Full makeup, stiletto heels & mini skirts😉at 8.30am, just to drop off the kids at school.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Juice plus/Younique.

Huns/babes/lovely 🤢🤮
There is a lady near us who has done every single one of these. Now she’s doing some candles.
I’m all for her earning extra money, but every time she sets another one up I’m requested to follow her on FB and insta and then she floods my feed! i learnt my lesson after the first one!

You’re lucky if you get me in clean joggers and I love clothes! If I’ve been dressed up I’ve been known to dress down to go to school! I made this comment on another thread - I never see mums dressed in maxi dresses etc on the playground. WE ARE NORMAL

• Haha
Reactions: 4
There is a lady near us who has done every single one of these. Now she’s doing some candles.
I’m all for her earning extra money, but every time she sets another one up I’m requested to follow her on FB and insta and then she floods my feed! i learnt my lesson after the first one!

You’re lucky if you get me in clean joggers and I love clothes! If I’ve been dressed up I’ve been known to dress down to go to school! I made this comment on another thread - I never see mums dressed in maxi dresses etc on the playground. WE ARE NORMAL
Wax melts seems to be the thing now that I see on Facebook. Buy overpriced homemade wax melts from a friend of a friend, etc.

Same with sweets wrapped in cellaphane.

Reactions: 7
I think it’s always been a thing sadly, back in the dark ages before social media when I was doing school runs mothers were trying to outdo each other in the fashion stakes. Full makeup, stiletto heels & mini skirts😉at 8.30am, just to drop off the kids at school.
I agree. ‘Twas ever thus. I remember threads on Mumsnet talking about school run outfits maybe 10 years ago.

Reactions: 1
Those tragic middle-aged couples who share a Facebook account.

With an account named something like “Bernie N Roger Smith” - bog off!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.