Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The stuff my local papers writes. So much misleading posts about benefits. Some of the comments really are horrible.

Reactions: 8
Before watching a YouTube vid, is anyone else constantly getting the ad with the woman and her dog "Rumpus", who want to show me how to open an online t-shirt business? So annoying, dog tapping his paws on the keyboard and everything. Luckily its a skip after 5 seconds one.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Here’s another school uniform compo face story - when will they end? This one is about a ten year old girl who apparently weighs 11st 9lb. “Lockdown weight”. And, shock horror, they’re struggling to find school uniform for her.

Why would you go to the papers to publicise that your child is morbidly obese, and you let it happen?😳

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Here’s another school uniform compo face story - when will they end? This one is about a ten year old girl who apparently weighs 11st 9lb. “Lockdown weight”. And, shock horror, they’re struggling to find school uniform for her.

Why would you go to the papers to publicise that your child is morbidly obese, and you let it happen?😳

'Leaha, Teeanna, and Ria' Did they use a bag of Scrabble tiles to name those kids?!

• Haha
Reactions: 18

Rule #1 of these stories. Do all you can to deflect any accusations of your poor common sense or bad parenting onto someone else. It is ALWAYS someone else's fault. In this case, Bojo for calling a lockdown, probably China for causing the lockdown to happen, the shop for not selling clothes to fit, the school for enforcing a uniform...the list is endless.

Rule #2 Remember, you are the victim and your photographic sad face is testament to that.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Before watching a YouTube vid, is anyone else constantly getting the ad with the woman and her dog "Rumpus", who want to show me how to open an online t-shirt business? So annoying, dog tapping his paws on the keyboard and everything. Luckily its a skip after 5 seconds one.
Yes, I really don't want to start an online tshirt business 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Rule #1 of these stories. Do all you can to deflect any accusations of your poor common sense or bad parenting onto someone else. It is ALWAYS someone else's fault. In this case, Bojo for calling a lockdown, probably China for causing the lockdown to happen, the shop for not selling clothes to fit, the school for enforcing a uniform...the list is endless.

Rule #2 Remember, you are the victim and your photographic sad face is testament to that.
I can't believe they've put so much potential bully fodder in a national paper! They are setting that poor girl up for a fall.

I'm confused to why she needs a gingham summer dress? They could 100% find a skirt and white shirt in her size, her siblings aren't in summer dresses.

Reactions: 9

Read the name Teeana and knew they're the kind of parents I dislike.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I can't believe they've put so much potential bully fodder in a national paper! They are setting that poor girl up for a fall.

I'm confused to why she needs a gingham summer dress? They could 100% find a skirt and white shirt in her size, her siblings aren't in summer dresses.
There's just so much about it that I find implausible. They said they noticed she'd put on weight during the first lockdown. That lockdown ended last summer and the kids went back to school as normal last September. She must have been able to fit into a uniform then, so they have obviously allowed the weight issue to escalate for another whole year to find themselves in this situation.

There is also no way a doctor would deem an obese 10 year old child who requires size 24 and XXXL clothing as having "puppy fat". She would have been referred to paediatric dietetic services or there would at least have been some other form of intervention.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Said it on here before but having come across it twice in one morning..
Stop posting memories on FB of you and your partner, show it to them!
I do not care that you both went to a theme park 5 years ago.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
There's just so much about it that I find implausible. They said they noticed she'd put on weight during the first lockdown. That lockdown ended last summer and the kids went back to school as normal last September. She must have been able to fit into a uniform then, so they have obviously allowed the weight issue to escalate for another whole year to find themselves in this situation.

There is also no way a doctor would deem an obese 10 year old child who requires size 24 and XXXL clothing as having "puppy fat". She would have been referred to paediatric dietetic services or there would at least have been some other form of intervention.
There’s no way this girl was a normal weight prior to 2020. Even the story says “she’s always been big”.

The story is written for maximum outrage points as well, especially the details about the clothing size she now wears (there’s no way she’s an adult size 24 though, surely?).

Are the parents too thick to realise they were exploited for clickbait? I hope it paid well 🙄

Reactions: 8
Yes! So annoying.

I was stalked for months by the one with the dog with his face in a tin can, can't remember the product but it was every video.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
People that share videos of animal abuse.
I'm really sensitive to content like that and I don't understand what the aim of sharing such a video is?!
Surely you'd just report it to the relevant authorities, so why upload it on social media for people to watch and share?

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Pregnant people. I know this girl who is pregnant and she put a picture of her bare belly on her story this morning and out ‘happy 4 months bump’ then a separate FB post of a pic of a baby vest, her scan and another pic of her bump with the caption ‘happy 4 months bump. Can’t believe I’ve been growing you for 4 months’ 🥴🥴🥴

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
I'm itching to edit your pregnant people to pregnant women!
You do know once baby's born she's going to do an every month baby post, be prepared to mute her 😆

Reactions: 14
Pregnant people. I know this girl who is pregnant and she put a picture of her bare belly on her story this morning and out ‘happy 4 months bump’ then a separate FB post of a pic of a baby vest, her scan and another pic of her bump with the caption ‘happy 4 months bump. Can’t believe I’ve been growing you for 4 months’ 🥴🥴🥴
Yep, this is the point where I do the "unfollow but still friends thing", cos if she's already like that now, just wait til the poor kid is actually here. Get those milestone cards ready! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Following on from Pregnant bellies...... Mucky kids. Babies in highchairs covered from head to toe in pasta sauce, or gravy, or chocolate mousse or whatever else they've mushed at their gob that meal time. It makes me feel genuinely sick.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Following on from Pregnant bellies...... Mucky kids. Babies in highchairs covered from head to toe in pasta sauce, or gravy, or chocolate mousse or whatever else they've mushed at their gob that meal time. It makes me feel genuinely sick.
Cake smash photo shoots 🤢🤢🤢🤢

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 20
Birthday wishes photos posted by a friend featuring b'day girl and the posting friend. The photo shows the friend looking stunning and the birthday girl not so flattering.
You're not celebrating your friend, you found a photo where you look good 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.