Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People asking why the police helicopter is circling AND my new pet peeve is fireworks, in the day!!!
Someone will always say "what were those fireworks for? my dog is terrified" and then get jumped on by others saying "my mate died, we were honouring him, FFS, you can't do anything anymore, weren't you a kid once" etc.....
Hahah we had this exact one, literally middle of the day there was what must have been hundreds of quids worth of fireworks and when someone asked the angriest lady was like "my best mate died and she deserved a nice display and it's up to me what I spent my money on and I'll do it every year"

What display? no fucker would have seen them cos it was light! DO IT WHEN ITS DARK you bellend!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Couples who have just bought a house, pose in front of the front door with one them waving the keys towards the camera. Usually followed with 'our ✨ forever home✨' as the caption 🏠 🤢

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Yes yes yes! Their argument about stealing our jobs and hospital beds, like Sue is going to work as a Porter, Cleaner or Deliveroo driver.
This!! I have never met an English cab driver or cleaner....i Iive in London and have not once met an English person doing any such jobs, waitress, cleaner, cab driver, take away worker, delivery driver etc

This!! I have never met an English cab driver or cleaner....i Iive in London and have not once met an English person doing any such jobs, waitress, cleaner, cab driver, take away worker, delivery driver etc
My husband is an hgv driver, he's been saying for years that British people aren't interested in that job because it's long hours, early starts and lots of lifting. Fast forward to Brexit, all the Europeans go back from whence they came and oh look there is a massive shortage of lorry drivers! (It's worked out alright for my husband though he's had a 10k pay rise already!)

• Heart
Reactions: 15
My husband is an hgv driver, he's been saying for years that British people aren't interested in that job because it's long hours, early starts and lots of lifting. Fast forward to Brexit, all the Europeans go back from whence they came and oh look there is a massive shortage of lorry drivers! (It's worked out alright for my husband though he's had a 10k pay rise already!)
Totally get that. I work in recruitment (for my sins 🥴). We are crying our for HGV drivers and carpenters at the moment. It's crazy!!

Reactions: 4
irrelevant posts on linkedin. i saw someone last week who posted that they’d been able to buy themselves a new car 🙄

Reactions: 8
Drama queens/kings - When someone gets served a sprite instead of lemonade or a regular coke instead of a diet coke and then does a long winded rant about how they could have been poisoned.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
A really helpful, balanced and caring post had to be deleted in a local community group because knuckle draggers didn’t like that it was about helping Afghan refugees and not “ArE OwN HuMLeSs”

bleeping despair of this country sometimes 😩

• Angry
When people post about very personal matters on LinkedIn. In the last week alone, I've seen a man post about being released from hospital after a suicide attempt (COMPLETE WITH PHOTOS OF SELF-INFLICTED INJURIES) and someone else post about family grieving the anniversary of their son's death. I feel for these people but is LinkedIn, a professional platform, the place for this? Especially since your followers are mainly work contacts rather than friends or family who might be the better audience for this sort of thing

• Wow
Reactions: 15
A really helpful, balanced and caring post had to be deleted in a local community group because knuckle draggers didn’t like that it was about helping Afghan refugees and not “ArE OwN HuMLeSs”

bleeping despair of this country sometimes 😩
And you know full well that most of these do nothing to help the homeless anyway and would just stride over them in the street

Hahah we had this exact one, literally middle of the day there was what must have been hundreds of quids worth of fireworks and when someone asked the angriest lady was like "my best mate died and she deserved a nice display and it's up to me what I spent my money on and I'll do it every year"

What display? no fucker would have seen them cos it was light! DO IT WHEN ITS DARK you bellend!
Then there's the ones who release balloons/lanterns to commemorate the loss of a loved one. You can guarantee that someone (quite rightly IMO) will comment about how damaging it is to wildlife, only to be jumped on by a baying mob telling them to butt out, and it's up to the family how they choose how to grieve. Then the whole thread turns into an argument.

• Angry
Reactions: 11
Then there's the ones who release balloons/lanterns to commemorate the loss of a loved one. You can guarantee that someone (quite rightly IMO) will comment about how damaging it is to wildlife, only to be jumped on by a baying mob telling them to butt out, and it's up to the family how they choose how to grieve. Then the whole thread turns into an argument.
I'm not one for banning things but I would happily sign off the banning of balloon/lantern launches. There was one close to me recently, a lady had been killed whilst tending to her beloved horses in a field. The post said she would be commemorated with a balloon launch. I can't imagine why anyone would think that was a good idea for a person anyone who clearly had a great love for animals.

Reactions: 23
Someone commented about a noisy party that was going on during the early hours and was distributing their kids. Poor bloke got jumped on.

Apparently it’s now acceptable to act like anti social dicks because it’s been a tough time and people should now be having fun 🙄

• Angry
Reactions: 12
I'm not one for banning things but I would happily sign off the banning of balloon/lantern launches. There was one close to me recently, a lady had been killed whilst tending to her beloved horses in a field. The post said she would be commemorated with a balloon launch. I can't imagine why anyone would think that was a good idea for a person anyone who clearly had a great love for animals.
Same, me too. IMO is worse than a plastic bag, well at least you can re-use plastic bags. I often re-use mine as garbage bags but balloons are such a useless thing.

Couples who have just bought a house, pose in front of the front door with one them waving the keys towards the camera. Usually followed with 'our ✨ forever home✨' as the caption 🏠 🤢
Nothing says idiotic like advertising where you live. I have also seen 'we are finally home owners'.........

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.