Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe I'll share a photo of the empty wine bottles from celebrating the kids being back at school instead 😂
🤣 I would say go for it but that was another thing that everyone jumped on the band wagon with when they a went back after the first lockdown or photos of the kids fuming and the parents cheering. That's what irritates me about these things , one person does something original and then everyone else just bleeds it dry

Reactions: 10
All the "normal" mum bloggers with normal bodies who parody the ridiculously unrealistic Instagram model poses for laughs. "Knee Deep in Life", etc. Funny the first few times - wearing very thin now. We don't really need to see your flaps.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Back to school here in Scotland today and the number of posts I've read with "Go smash Primary 2 baby girl/boy". Makes me cringe. It's bloody primary school. It's all for show and attention as the baby boy/girl will never even see the post.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 19
Humble bragging is still everywhere and in all different forms. They actually invent new ways time and time again to humble brag.

Reactions: 15
Humble bragging is still everywhere and in all different forms. They actually invent new ways time and time again to humble brag.
I know one of these. I only keep following them to see what they can come up with next. You know the type: photos of Starbucks coffee cups with the Mercedes steering wheel in the background, pics of all the mountains of presents around the tree for their "quiet Xmas this year", and "Does anyone know if the Ivy is open today as I want to take the kids for lunch?"

Anyway, last week, a legendary local craftsman died. This friend of mine left a glowing tribute about how amazing he was and how we don't value craftspeople anymore etc...then left a link to the wonderful handmade pen they had bought for their husband "it's the best pen ever and completely bespoke". I clicked on the link. The pen was £850 🥴

So on a post about the passing of someone who didn't even make pens, she managed to make sure it was all about her and her wealth 🤮

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
🤣 I would say go for it but that was another thing that everyone jumped on the band wagon with when they a went back after the first lockdown or photos of the kids fuming and the parents cheering. That's what irritates me about these things , one person does something original and then everyone else just bleeds it dry
That many things irritate me on social media now, that I rarely post on mine anymore

All the "normal" mum bloggers with normal bodies who parody the ridiculously unrealistic Instagram model poses for laughs. "Knee Deep in Life", etc. Funny the first few times - wearing very thin now. We don't really need to see your flaps.
Knee deep in life is vile. Nobody wants to see your flaps Hun, probably not even your own doormat husband

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Long philosophical captions / paragraphs about "self-love" under a picture where the influencer wears a bra and shorts.

Please. Self-love is anything but seeking validation from comments under lingerie shots. It's not self-love, it's insecurity.
Also the influencers who post endless self love/body positivity quotes, yet photoshop their own pictures. I believe that the majority of 'influencers' are nothing more than ego centric, narcissists who believe the world revolves around them

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Fed up of social media articles featuring the latest in the current trend of tributes on the back of dirty vans. "It's what they would've wanted" 😂. I suspect it's little more than an ad for the artist tbh.
Screenshot_20210819_125256.jpg
Screenshot_20210819_125240.jpg
Screenshot_20210819_125219.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 7
On a serious note I hate how we can’t have a discussion anymore on social media. You can’t put an opinion on without BE KIND YOU BIGOT or YOU LEFTIE SNOWFLAKE. We’re so polarised now. Debate has left the building

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Where do these weird ‘dances’ come from? Who makes them up? I don’t get it.
It's so cringe.I get that second hand embarrassment when I see anyone, other than kids, doing this.
There's a few of Gordon Ramsey doing it. It's so icky 🤦

Reactions: 9
Adverts that are not obviously adverts, specifically on Reddit

Turns out marketing companies now use memes as adverts? Genius but also what the hell

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.