Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

TheGlossy

VIP Member
The "glow up" videos where girls get lash extensions, fake nails, a blow dry and put tons of makeup.

Girl, you do realize the moment your lash extensions and nails fall off, your blow dry becomes greasy and you wipe off your makeup, you'll revert back to looking the exact same you did at the beginning of the video?

Is there anything real about IG/YouTube girls anymore?
- Eyelash extensions
- Hair extensions
- Fake nails
- Lip fillers
- Fake Tan
- Microbladed eyebrows
- Veneers

Long gone are the candid Bethany Mota days haha.

Glow up from the inside instead would be a good idea.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18

jaymie

VIP Member
When people do something kind but feel the need to brag about it. If you do something kind keep it to yourself it’s not really done in kindness it your aim is receiving likes. For example

“saw this frail man in Leeds city centre today, I bought him a coffee and a sandwich and a packet of wotsits. Ispoke with him for 45 minutes and he told me all about his life and how he ended up on the streets. He said I made his day, but he made mine. It was the honour of my life to talk with you today you’ve opened my eyes and my heart” Insert pic of super cheesy over the top grin beside homeless guy.

or

“saw this elderly lady crossing the car park at Tesco today so I run to her assistance and helped her get her shopping in her vehicle. I spoke to Joyce for over an hour we talked about her sons living abroad and how lonely it is but she was so thankful I made her day” insert pic of cheesy over the top grin beside elderly woman unsure her photographs being taken.

Do the good deed without fucking bragging.
HAHAH is not a GOOD DEED, unless they fucking bragging it on LinkedIN

• Haha

NomDeGuerre

VIP Member
When people have ‘sorry, no DMs’ in their Twitter bio. You do know you can just… turn them off?

• Haha

xyzcba

VIP Member
I've deleted Facebook and it's the best thing ever.
Maybe I was becoming less tolerant but it just seems to be full of cretins and was winding me up. I was getting no pleasure from seeing the 50th person post 20 pictures about their 'family day out' - NOBODY CARES. It's like it's this cesspool of competing parents, morons, and retirees with nothing better to do than comment on Metro articles.

• Haha

Shesaidwhat?

VIP Member
Does anyone have a relative / friend who likes everything they (i mean me, not liking their own posts) post? I do and I'm sure she sometimes goes searching for things I've posted. And then there's quite clearly not having a clue what I'm talking about.
Yes my auntie does this but she also likes her own stuff too.

• Haha

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Humble bragging is still everywhere and in all different forms. They actually invent new ways time and time again to humble brag.
I know one of these. I only keep following them to see what they can come up with next. You know the type: photos of Starbucks coffee cups with the Mercedes steering wheel in the background, pics of all the mountains of presents around the tree for their "quiet Xmas this year", and "Does anyone know if the Ivy is open today as I want to take the kids for lunch?"

Anyway, last week, a legendary local craftsman died. This friend of mine left a glowing tribute about how amazing he was and how we don't value craftspeople anymore etc...then left a link to the wonderful handmade pen they had bought for their husband "it's the best pen ever and completely bespoke". I clicked on the link. The pen was £850 🥴

So on a post about the passing of someone who didn't even make pens, she managed to make sure it was all about her and her wealth 🤮

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Wow

UnknownTattler

VIP Member
It's that time of year again when the Strictly comment sections are filled with demented owls screeching WHOOO? when they could have spent the two seconds typing that googling said person 😆
Also related to that, when people say "well they can't be that famous because I've never heard of them". I don't think a person's popularity is dependent on whether you personally have heard of them..🧐:ROFLMAO:

• Haha

jaymie

VIP Member
People who comments on FB post in general

When there is an article about how couple saved up to buy in London, you bet the comments be like “why buy in the shithole” “forgot to mention bank of mum and dad eh” “left that shithole 20years ago, and never look back” “I live in Lincolnshire and my house cost 50p”

Well Dave, maybe they do have to be in London because they work in London?

• Haha

peanutbuttercupp11

Chatty Member
The whole #bekind thing is ridiculous and has gotten way out of hand I can't stand it. Saw a comment a while ago on a company's Instagram page saying something like "I would like this but this colour is not great" or something to that effect, and someone replied saying "what happened to #bekind" :rolleyes: apparently now saying you don't like the colour of a product a company sells is trolling

• Haha
  • Wow

fluffyduck

Chatty Member
Go Fund Me etc. Claim to have no money for essentials and are piss poor. Then the following posts are them eating out, in their new hot tub!!!

• Angry

Calmyourtitsdown

Chatty Member
‘Mumprenuer’ 🤮
‘Little ‘uns’
Families who have professional portraits done, and the photographer filters the pictures to f**k… Baby’s wrapped up all weird in a swaddle, Dad’s clearly uncomfortable… I just think they mega cringey.

Think the portraits The Goodman’s have in their lounge in Friday Night Dinner 🤣

• Haha

ElectricDreams

VIP Member
I've just started watching Reels on Instagram. I don't get it. They're pretty much all the same. Cringy dancing, jump, change of outfit. Woman saying she was told she woukd never have kids, clicks fingers and a dozen kids appear, people pointing at words on the screen. Maybe I'm getting old!

• Haha
  • Heart

Bizziebody

VIP Member
Please respect our privacy, I find that a bit rich coming from people who post every boring detail of their life (& their kids) life on line.

Extrafine

VIP Member
What bugs me on social media, couples declaring their love for one another CONSTANTLY! We get it, your relationship sucks that’s why you need to validate it online to everyone🙄

• Haha