Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

xyzcba

VIP Member
Middle aged men thinking they have perfected their 'selfie' face, assuming they think they look like a gangster out of a Guy Ritchie film; and their feed is full of this face in different situations. Behind the wheel of the car, laid on the sofa, out and about etc etc. Just Stop It! You look ridiculous!

• Haha
Reactions: 18

viewtube

VIP Member
Influencers who say 'women should support women'. That bugs me, why only support women or why support someone just because they are a woman. Personally believe in supporting ANYONE who works hard and doesn't take things for granted

• Heart

Blue pumpkin

VIP Member
"Here's the pic of the Elsa cake I made for my little princesses 5th birthday"

Stop bragging, plus we all know it won't taste as good as the Tesco one.

• Haha

ChampagneBox

VIP Member
Just posted on the Plymouth shootings thread but just wanted to share here too that I am literally in the processs of deleting my social media/limiting it to family only…it’s so so dangerous and we’ve let it infiltrate our lives with horrific outcomes ☹ So sick of everything, the fakeness, the fact you just cannot tell what is real and what isn’t anymore, the burning desire for likes (and for what??) I’m just in the bad place with social media atm and we’ve all been taken in by it and it breaks my heart 💔

edited to add, full honesty, even with tattle I get that rush of satisfaction when I see how many likes my posts get, how the hell do you wean yourself off the addiction??

Last edited:
  • Heart

Ruby Woo

Sorry if this has already been said but seeing a lot of “and just like that.... they’re all grown up/back to school/back from hols...” etc, etc...UGH.

• Haha

Instashamous

Chatty Member
When people are like

why is there a helicopter
who heard a siren

My worst:
there’s an accident they look dead it was a such and such car 😡
A few months back there was a post put up on one of the local groups about a crash where a guy had been hit by a car… HIS MUM was literally commenting in real time on the post about him being on life support, the organ donation people coming round, etc etc. The mind boggled.

• Wow
  • Sick

TheGlossy

VIP Member
I just came across a video of a 20-something influencer on YouTube who has less than 400K subscribers. She showed a "typical" Monday then started talking about how she has a cleaning lady who comes every week and helps her out with the cleaning. The girl is a full time influencer who lives with her boyfriend (who has a full time job), doesn't have children and lives in a small Parisian apartment. I'm stupefied. These people live in a different world.

Why would you need a cleaner in her position? She just needs to get organized. If single parents with a 9-5 job can take care of the cleaning, anyone can. This is absolutely ridiculous now. She said she needs a cleaner she can focus her "creativity" on other things. Like what exactly? Taking pictures of yourself. God. Spare me!

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Wow

AladdinSane

VIP Member
People who post themselves doing a good deed or helping people or talking about how someone has told them how much of a role model/unselfish they are. If you were that unselfish, you wouldn't need to post on social media for validation. You would be completely confidant in your own ability and self worth

• Heart
When people are like

why is there a helicopter
who heard a siren

My worst:
there’s an accident they look dead it was a such and such car 😡
I drove past a really bad accident not long ago, the person was on the road under a blanket, covering their whole body including their face.. Later on I saw a post on the local group saying "does anyone know if the person laying in X road earlier is ok" FFS of course they're not ok, they had a blanket covering their face, you are clearly trying to just get the gossip, fuck off and leave the friends and family to grieve.

• Sad
  • Heart

Damita

Happy Monday, Happy Tuesday, Happy Wed...you get the idea.

I've recently started to see Happy New Month as well.

Just...why!

• Haha

fluffyduck

Chatty Member
People who are unwell, of course the first place to get advice is social media, why bother contacting qualified health care professionals, when you can get dozens of random suggestions from people you've never met. The channel mum, Facebook group is one of the biggest culprits for this. It genuinely shocked me how people were more interested in getting likes and sympathy than getting accurate safe advice/guidance
There was a post last year in one of the local groups.
"My wife has stopped breathing. Any advice?"
People were saying all sorts of things, but only one person advised calling 999.

• Wow
  • Haha

Suebigfatsue87

VIP Member
Companies gifting influencers and celebs stuff, they have tons of money why do they need more free stuff? I know it’s in exchange for advertising but it puts me off the company especially when so many have struggled through the pandemic.

• Heart

ElectricDreams

VIP Member
Cryptic posts usually referring to some sort of personal crisis that they won't elaborate on. Just seen one along the lines of "sitting in the car outside school filled with dread at what I'm about to have to tell X... I know it's going to break her" Followed by dozens of "u ok hun?" type posts that are as yet unanswered. If you're not prepared to share on Facebook, don't mention it at all!

• Haha

Geraldine.20.jobs

VIP Member
Probably repeating something that's already been said, but people who ask 'does anyone have the number for/know what time opens' . Have people never heard of Google?

• Haha

Notgonnalie

VIP Member
People who upload pictures of their brand new baby, with all the intimate birth story and baby details like weight name length etc, before the baby is even a day old I think it’s so tacky and I’m so glad my parents didn’t do that and that I never subjected my own kids to it like enjoy your little fresh bundle the world will meet them in their own time

bubbadabut

VIP Member
I always think its because the price must be so prohibitive or unrealistic that it's better to deter one person privately than turn loads of people off by posting the price for all to see.

My dad was a joiner and I see "bespoke" items on Facebook that he could literally knock up in an hour for a few quid. I'm talking about those storage boxes for kids, etc. Stick a wooden letter on to personalise it...£150 please!

mcfeez

VIP Member
I think I've said it before, but people who blatantly only post food pictures when they've made something "healthy" and aesthetically pleasing. These people usually only post 1 or 2 food pics a week so you know rightly that in between that gorge smoothie bowl pic and nicely sliced avocado, they are eating potato waffles and beans.

• Haha

VC10

VIP Member
" my forever man"
" my forever girl"
" our forever home"

& all the bloody rest of it. 😖😖😖 I detest the term! Inane rubbish!

• Sick
Reactions: 17