Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When people are like

why is there a helicopter
who heard a siren

My worst:
there’s an accident they look dead it was a such and such car 😡
I drove past a really bad accident not long ago, the person was on the road under a blanket, covering their whole body including their face.. Later on I saw a post on the local group saying "does anyone know if the person laying in X road earlier is ok" FFS of course they're not ok, they had a blanket covering their face, you are clearly trying to just get the gossip, duck off and leave the friends and family to grieve.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
When people are like

why is there a helicopter
who heard a siren

My worst:
there’s an accident they look dead it was a such and such car 😡
We get a lot of, what’s that humming? There is a lot of mystery humming hereabouts.

Plus loads of lost cats, cats turning up randomly at people‘s houses … sometimes it’s rabbits, too. Hmmm 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I drove past a really bad accident not long ago, the person was on the road under a blanket, covering their whole body including their face.. Later on I saw a post on the local group saying "does anyone know if the person laying in X road earlier is ok" FFS of course they're not ok, they had a blanket covering their face, you are clearly trying to just get the gossip, duck off and leave the friends and family to grieve.
That's hideous behaviour.

Reactions: 3
Might be a bit controversial but I really hate when there's a post about a cat being cute/funny outside and the whole discussion is on how cats shouldn't be allowed outside because x y and z

I just want to appreciate the cat being cute damn :rolleyes:

• Heart
Reactions: 10
A bit off topic but do people sell footage of accidents to news stations? I know it's big in America as there's 'Nightcrawlers' but not sure how it works here. A lot of what you see now on the news of big events is clips filmed on peoples phones. I'm just thinking they put in on social media then they get contacted or something. All very dark either way.

Reactions: 5
The toxic positivity. Just stop it please. It's unhealthy to actually try to be positive all the time because we need some negativity in our lives to be able to appreciate the good thing. This goes hand in hand with Happy Monday etc... just duck off.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
A bit off topic but do people sell footage of accidents to news stations? I know it's big in America as there's 'Nightcrawlers' but not sure how it works here. A lot of what you see now on the news of big events is clips filmed on peoples phones. I'm just thinking they put in on social media then they get contacted or something. All very dark either way.
Oh man, apparently one of the local newspapers used to/still possibly use the Facebook groups to reach accidents quickly and get photos, or would contact people to ask them if they could use their photos/videos (not sure if they got money though)

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I kind of understand that it can be useful eg George Floyd, but at the same time I hate the idea of someone's last image of the world being people gawping at them and filming them dying.

If I was in a position where I was a bystander on 'the scene' and not needed to do first aid I like to think I would be able to just hold someone's hand and comfort them. I couldn't imagine filming. -

Came across another one. When people ask a question on a group and say “and go!” 🙄 I refuse to reply to these ones, it irritates me so much.

Reactions: 12
There was a fire recently at a tube station in London (Elephant & Castle maybe?) I was on Twitter as it was breaking, and a young woman had incredible footage of a fireball coming from the entrance to the station. Almost immediately, reporters from BBC, Sky, Daily Mail, Guardian, etc were tweeting to ask if they could use her footage. To every single one she replied 'will I be compensated?' They all told her to DM them, so I'm sure she was paid for it in the end. Must have made a fortune.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
What bugs me on social media, couples declaring their love for one another CONSTANTLY! We get it, your relationship sucks that’s why you need to validate it online to everyone🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 18
People who have their child as their profile picture on Facebook. Kinda ruins the image when you’ve got the mums slagging off julie from the corner shop (but #bekind) or worse the fathers who send you dick pics…

🥺👉🏻👈🏻

^ gives me the ick. Usually used by people with anime avatars who probably look like comic book guy or the female equivalent.
What does this mean?! Looks like the fingers are trying to pop a spot!

Last edited:
This was a big thing at a multi vehicle RTC near by not so long ago, not sure if people were getting paid but multiple pictures and videos being circulated on local and national news sites.

Family member of 2 of the people who passed away posted on FB telling people to have some consideration as they'd literally seen videos of their family members burning to death.

This whole stick it on social media trend is disgusting.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
This was a big thing at a multi vehicle RTC near by not so long ago, not sure if people were getting paid but multiple pictures and videos being circulated on local and national news sites.

Family member of 2 of the people who passed away posted on FB telling people to have some consideration as they'd literally seen videos of their family members burning to death.

This whole stick it on social media trend is disgusting.
'Porsche Girl' is infamous in the shadows of internet for such sickening behaviour.

Pretty much, a teenage girl crashed in a porsche, and the pictures are horrific, 4chan circulated them, and doxxed her parents, and have hounded them ever since, goading them about it being their fault.

It's gross.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
There was a fire recently at a tube station in London (Elephant & Castle maybe?) I was on Twitter as it was breaking, and a young woman had incredible footage of a fireball coming from the entrance to the station. Almost immediately, reporters from BBC, Sky, Daily Mail, Guardian, etc were tweeting to ask if they could use her footage. To every single one she replied 'will I be compensated?' They all told her to DM them, so I'm sure she was paid for it in the end. Must have made a fortune.
It was an explosion in a garage in the arches under the overground station, we could see it from the office window before being evacuated, it never occurred to to film me

Reactions: 3
People saying "season" instead of "series" for TV programmes.

Americans call them seasons. We call them series. If its a British programme, its a SERIES.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
People making house accounts on insta

I really don’t want to see grey laminate going down in a decent property in real time so won’t be following you back hun x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
We get a lot of, what’s that humming? There is a lot of mystery humming hereabouts.

Plus loads of lost cats, cats turning up randomly at people‘s houses … sometimes it’s rabbits, too. Hmmm 🤔
We get about two a day of "Is this cat lost? It's just turned up in my garden"

And then all the comments will be lost cat posters of cats that look absolutely NOTHING like the cat in the original post

And then the resident cat protection lady will come on and be like "Trap it, I'll come and scan it and take it away if it's not got a chip"

And then someone will come on and say "Yes, that's my cat, he lives two houses down from you"

NOT EVERY CAT OUTSIDE IS LOST.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
When people put on Facebook what time
Something opens or ‘is big Asda open 24/7 now

JUST GOOGLE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.