Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I personally like seeing people enjoying and sharing simple things like walks (as opposed to purchases and fancy trips) but I agree it’s more than ever now.

I’m tired of seeing memes I don’t understand and have to look up 😂

Reactions: 9
Cryptic posts/quotes.

Just say what you mean or shut the f up. I am so sick of this form of attention seeking.

See also, people who drip-feed information rather than just come out with what they have to say.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
People posting that on their walk / ru they've done litter picking.

Reactions: 2
People who are self-righteous. I've been following a few IG girls who can't stop with the whole "take yourself on a date girl", "you don't need a man", "travel alone". I'm sorry but it's 2021, not 1960. Girls have been going to the movies, traveling, dining alone for ages. I'm one of those, yet I'm not one to say "Hey, y'all look at me, I'm such an independent woman". I'm all for self-empowerment, but I'm stick of seeing women promoting doing things alone when it's not groundbreaking (anymore). Less is more. Those who generally go above and beyond to promote this tend to be the most desperate for male attention.

Also, influencers need to stop with the whole "keep hydrated". Yeah, thanks, we know.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
not just me then, how do you look them up?
I don’t know if I can share the link, but the know your meme website helps, or searching keywords in the image, or even cross referencing urban dictionary as a last resort if there is a strange term used 😂

6E6B53EB-2424-4D2C-BF2D-4B911E08589A.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Happy Monday, Happy Tuesday, Happy Wed...you get the idea.

I've recently started to see Happy New Month as well.

Just...why!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Where are these landlord memes suddenly coming from too , screenshots of messages from peioles landlords doing nice stuff for their tenants , maybe the first ones were real but there seems to be loads lately
That’s absolute bullshit. My landlord gleefully thanked me for working through the pandemic as it meant I could keep paying the rent.

I’m an ICU nurse. It was a kick in the face.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
When people are like

why is there a helicopter
who heard a siren

My worst:
there’s an accident they look dead it was a such and such car 😡

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
Does anyone have a relative / friend who likes everything they (i mean me, not liking their own posts) post? I do and I'm sure she sometimes goes searching for things I've posted. And then there's quite clearly not having a clue what I'm talking about.
My mum …I love her but it’s every single post 🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 4
When people are like

who heard a siren
And it is sooo obvious that these people just want the information for gossip sake while playing under the whole 'omg i hope they're okay!' thing

Reactions: 8
When people are like

who heard a siren

My worst:
Christ almighty I have never seen that,I know I should never be surprised at the depths humans will stoop to but why the duck would someone say stuff like that online? So dangerous and potentially so upsetting for people.

Reactions: 3
When people are like

who heard a siren

My worst:
A few months back there was a post put up on one of the local groups about a crash where a guy had been hit by a car… HIS MUM was literally commenting in real time on the post about him being on life support, the organ donation people coming round, etc etc. The mind boggled.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
Posting their children in the bath

bleeping STOP IT!!!
If you have cover their PRIVATE parts with an emoji you shouldn’t be posting it at all

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
People who seem to have a problem or judge when there is a big queue somewhere e.g when primark reopened or mcds etc after the pandemic, you get comments like "wouldn't dare , foods tit anyway" blah blah so duck that's you're opinion don't go then, if someone wants to spend hours in a queue then who cares its their life, you might do something they don't agree with. So many bitchy people on SM.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
People who seem to have a problem or judge when there is a big queue somewhere e.g when primark reopened or mcds etc after the pandemic, you get comments like "wouldn't dare , foods tit anyway" blah blah so duck that's you're opinion don't go then, if someone wants to spend hours in a queue then who cares its their life, you might do something they don't agree with. So many bitchy people on SM.
I hate this too. So many news articles about the queues outside primark implying that people were pathetic for doing so (couldn’t be bothered queuing myself but it’s not doing any harm for others to do so). Apparently in Scotland (?) the queues for Zara(or somewhere more ‘upmarket’ like that)were way bigger than the primark queues but you didn’t see that blasted all over the media.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
It’s been about 24 hours and I’m already sick of seeing photos all over socials of Tom Daley knitting ….

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
And it is sooo obvious that these people just want the information for gossip sake while playing under the whole 'omg i hope they're okay!' thing
This drives me mad. An air ambulance lands and you always get reams of people posting “Hope they’re OK!” I mean, the very fact the air ambulance is scrambled means it’s serious FFS. Rubber neckers.

It’s been about 24 hours and I’m already sick of seeing photos all over socials of Tom Daley knitting ….
He’s so quirky!

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.