Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

TheGlossy

VIP Member
Long philosophical captions / paragraphs about "self-love" under a picture where the influencer wears a bra and shorts.

Please. Self-love is anything but seeking validation from comments under lingerie shots. It's not self-love, it's insecurity.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Bizziebody

VIP Member
Sick of photos of the overly neat & tidy pantry & linen cupboards with every single thing labelled.

RedEd

'My kids my 🌍'

' people are snakes it's just me and my kids from now on'

'cryptic status' then when people ask 'are you ok hun' they reply with ' can't say on here , pm me '

🤣

• Haha
  • Heart

April89

Chatty Member
This is an obvious one but people who record alt people just for people to rip the piss out of them online. I've seen this on tik Tok loads and it's always the ppl saying that to be kind and that mental health matters that post it as well.
This reminds me of a woman I used to follow, she posted on Instagram all day, every day.

She was very confident and had a lot of followers who laughed along when she made fun of anyone. Once she posted a story of her work out, then posted it again and had highlighted a guy in the background who was trying to do push ups, but either had an injury or didn't know how to do them so looked a bit strange.

She posted all these laughing emojis and I just thought her behaviour was so 'urgh!'

• Angry
  • Sad

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Women who post pics of the backs of their heads at the hairdressers whenever they've had their hair done. Wow, ombre waves again...I'd never have guessed! It looks exactly the same as all the other times you've had it done 🥴

• Haha

ginandlipstick

I have a few that I’ve seen come up in the last few weeks/months
1) people sharing their Instagram posts in their stories so they can get more likes
2) people changing their profile picture and then changing it back to an older one because the newer one hasn’t got the “desired amount of likes”. And then they change it back to the newer one a few days later to try and get more likes and when this doesn’t happen they change it back to the same older picture
3) constant pictures/updates from hospital. Just message your family and friends
4) constant “baby spam” photos. I do understand you’re happy and it’s an amazing moment in life - but surely it should be a time where you can take photos but don’t need to share every single photo?

• Heart

bubbadabut

VIP Member
People saying the word gammon. They say it completely unprompted now too and think they're being so clever and witty. I'm not someone who thinks gammon is racist term but I do find it a deeply unpleasant insult, mainly because of how totally unconstructive it is.

Meanwhile, the Karen meme just makes me feel absolutely awful for people who have that name.
Just really easy and lazy ways to try and close a discussion. See also, "snowflake" and "suck it up, buttercup". 🙄

• Heart

Warpaint

VIP Member
A lot of people on my social media are in their early 30's with young kids so seeing all the soppy status' from their partners. 'This one right here, best Dad our son/daughter could hope for' 'Daddy's been spoilt today' ( photo collage of loads of presents the baby clearly has no idea about). 'To our world, our rock, just want to send this message out for you'. And as usually it basically ends up with everyone trying to one up each other.

• Sick

Melian

VIP Member
When people who you've never talked to try to add you, on the basis that we have friends in common.

When you unfriend people because you never talk. They then message you to as, why you've unfriended them. Blocked him in the end because he just wouldn't leave it.

BettySpaghetty

People saying "season" instead of "series" for TV programmes.

Americans call them seasons. We call them series. If its a British programme, its a SERIES.

• Heart

Bizziebody

VIP Member
Photos of themselves being vaccinated or a photo of the bandaid on their arm and a smug look on their face. These are on par with look I’m in an ambulance/hospital bed photos.

TheGlossy

VIP Member
Rude influencers who think people are so into them they follow they every move.

Yesterday, I watched a video of a small wannabee influencer on YouTube. She was apartment hunting in that video. Somebody left a comment saying: "Are you moving in with your boyfriend? Hope you guys find the perfect apartment!".

The "influencer" responded: "Thanks, but we announced this a few months ago already".

Can she not comprehend perhaps this person is a new follower or just watches their video sporadically?

The response was really rude and self-centered. She could have simply said: "Thanks, I appreciate the kind wishes/words".

Girl, do you think your life is so great we need to know every bit of it?

Last edited:
  • Wow

Shesaidwhat?

VIP Member
I saw one the other day, something like ‘I complained about feeling hot then I remembered I’m not in Afghanistan with 20kg of kit of my back in full combat uniform so I stopped complaining about the heat’ so we cant even complain about being hot now???? Massive respect to the forces but come on now that’s reaching 🥴 usually shared by someone who’s never had a job/even helped his own grandmother let alone helped his country
I remember that one doing the rounds at Christmas just after Boris had done his Christmas is basically off speech.
Telling people not to be upset Christmas is cancelled as the people in the trenches didn’t have a tv.
No disrespect to anyone that’s served or serving in the forces but this country really does have an unhealthy obsession with wars.
It’s always the same ones too like Martin your grandad was two what would you know about the glory days of 1942?

• Haha

Orphan_Black

VIP Member
A woman I know has started posting daily photos of her son since the school holidays started with cheesy captions like “he may drive me up the wall but I’ll love him forever”
You’re his mother you’re supposed to love your kids forever it’s not like a choice thing.
I don’t understand expecting praise for saying you love your child.
I see this so much! They normally end the day with wine o'clock as a reward for good mummy points. They've literally just done the standards you'd hope a mother would!

When people post about very personal matters on LinkedIn. In the last week alone, I've seen a man post about being released from hospital after a suicide attempt (COMPLETE WITH PHOTOS OF SELF-INFLICTED INJURIES) and someone else post about family grieving the anniversary of their son's death. I feel for these people but is LinkedIn, a professional platform, the place for this? Especially since your followers are mainly work contacts rather than friends or family who might be the better audience for this sort of thing

• Wow