Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Dogleggedhat

VIP Member
Ahhhhhh I understand now :ROFLMAO: sorry for being thick!
Haha I thought the same as you i thought it was a bit rude that one got a cute emoji and the other got a scrawl lol

On Facebook Marketplace posts, when people comment “ohh please can I have this for my disabled / autistic etc son”

Why not just say simply your son or daughter 🤷🏼‍♀️

I always think it makes them sound like they’re after a freebie or something
I remember having a load of clothes and just put them on gumtree for free and I swear the amount of sob stories I got about so and so’s daughter just being made homeless and really needing some stuff or another persons daughter just having a baby and not being able to afford to spend on herself etc. I will never post anything for free again after that!

on a similar note,and not really social media but I hate when you something on gumtree for sale and someone messages to see if it’s still available and you reply (pretty promptly) to advise that is is still for sale and then you never bloody hear from them again.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16

Instashamous

Chatty Member
People on local groups asking how long the wait is at a&e at the moment… surely if it is a genuine accident/emergency you’re going regardless of the wait?

• Heart

Orphan_Black

VIP Member
Reminds of people who post they're 'having a night in'. Standard picture of a bottle of wine and chocolates on the kitchen counter. Then an encore picture with feet up and a paused screen of whatever they're watching in the background
I know this woman who does this charade at least once a week. It's either that or complaining about the dogs barking next door. She's been advised to complain to council etc, nope, much more fun getting the sympathy replies form posting about it every week. Oh! And the 'new nails' each week. Stubby nails with shitty cuticles, basic colours and decals. First we get the up close pic of them, then the encore post an hour later holding a wine glass. She spoils us lol.

• Haha

NoseyRosie24

Chatty Member
People who share pics of their babies who have passed away I think photos like that should be a private moment not posted all over Facebook
I was just about to post this. Today I’ve seen 2 separate posts with photos of Angel babies 😞 While I am all for raising awareness, as a parent of Angels, I find the photos very distressing and they often stay with me for days. It’s all very well putting trigger warning in the text but when you are scrolling through it is the photo you see first 😞

• Sad
  • Heart

eSsExBiRd

VIP Member
Self appointed FB Group Police are out in force “this isn’t the place to air this”

Fuck off Debbie, it’s not your place to tell people asking something relevant to the LOCAL AREA what’s allowed or not 🤫

• Haha

sixdinnersid83

Chatty Member
This whole #BeKind thing is a BIG thing that annoys me on SM. It's so fucking asinine, do people really need reminding to be kind to each other? Do you think your friends are such bastards you need to tell them a basic act of decency?! Oh my gosh, it riles me actually. (Can you tell lol) You get a celebrity death etc and suddenly all the hashtags of being kind come flying out, from people who talk shit about said dead celeb the day before. It does nothing imo, it's virtual signalling at it's finest.

Great example would be the recent racial abuse the England lads got, some paragraph on FB condemning racists followed by #bekind. It was performative from most. They just do it for pats on the back and it's gets my fucking goat (Bet you can really tell now lololol!)
The nastiest posters do love a bit of #bekind

• Sad
  • Heart
People updating their status on facebook to ''vaccinated'' as if its a badge of honour. Each to their own regarding their health-however pre covid when was it ever acceptable to write statuses and update profile pics to inform the world of their medical health- its a personal private matter. I just find the sort that are bragging about it, think they are superior and better than. Heres a tip- keep your health to yourself and your loved ones. Its attention seeking and totally un-neccesary.

• Heart

Savannah_xx

VIP Member
People liking their own pictures
Girls doing the stupid duck face...quack
"Doing a FB clearout .. if you're still on you're lucky" 🙄
People checking in at hospital/posting hospital pics
People (badly) lip syncing
Photo dumps

AlanBanan

VIP Member
People who spell “definitely” as “defiantly” Idk why it gets on my nerves.

It always performative. Look at the way Russell Brand and Mark Wright have treated women and both did the #bekind thing post Caroline flack's death.
Mark Wright is one of the reasons Lauren Goodger is the way that she is. I remember when she was tiny on the only way is essex and he was sneering and saying in a tone of disgust that she looks 20 Stone. He fucked with that poor girls head for years and then a year or so later when he was truly finished with her he’s engaged to someone else declaring her the love of his life.

• Sad
  • Heart

viewtube

VIP Member
Long philosophical captions / paragraphs about "self-love" under a picture where the influencer wears a bra and shorts.

Please. Self-love is anything but seeking validation from comments under lingerie shots. It's not self-love, it's insecurity.
Also the influencers who post endless self love/body positivity quotes, yet photoshop their own pictures. I believe that the majority of 'influencers' are nothing more than ego centric, narcissists who believe the world revolves around them

• Heart

Blue pumpkin

VIP Member
People who say nasty stuff online but if it reaches the national press they then pretend that their account has been hacked.
Recent example the estate agent who made racist comments directed at England players. I'm glad he got sacked from his job. Account hacked my arse.

• Heart

AnonyGoss

VIP Member
My mother in law is at it again. “Happy anniversary <husbands name>”
a. He’s sat there next to you!
b. He’s still not on Facebook.

I know she’s doing this to farm likes and comments but it still annoys.
Omg I hate that also. Definitely just for the likes. Someone I follow, always wishes her baby happy birthday (nothing wrong with this part), but then she writes really personal, heartfelt messages to the baby... as if the baby can see it...

I just think it makes more sense to write it in a card, for her baby to read when they're older.

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
I can't stand the cake smashing photoshoots, normally for the first birthday. Why would anyone encourage that, why would anyone want to dress their kid up in nice fancy clothes, and then let them get covered in sticky icing and cake?! It baffles me!!!
Oh my god when I got pregnant I joined a baby group and I swear I'm the only English one in their. Their all American. They didn't just do cake smashes, they had Chick a Fil a smashes, Papa John's smashes.... like their one years was sat in a cowboy costume eating a piece of fried chicken 😅

• Sick
  • Haha

Louisej3

VIP Member
When people put there kids names and all their details dob etc in the bio like give ur kids some privacy

peachhes

VIP Member
People posting their wrists showing that they’ve closed their rings on their Apple Watch. No one gives a flying 😴😴

• Haha

ChampagneBox

VIP Member
Stuff like this that I've just seen. Son week? Says who? 🥴

View attachment 705386
Lol I know someone who shares stuff like this about her kids and they don’t even get on with her 🤣 I swear it’s always Beverly who left the kids with their dad to run off with her new boyfriend when they were 12 who shares shit like this

also just seen this😂

Attachments

• Haha

ElectricDreams

VIP Member
Agree completely, everyone rushing to have a house in the style of everyone else’s not stopping to think that this ghastly panelling or moody F&B colours will be the wood chip paper / artex of the future. Some houses already look very dated (Clemmie Hooper’s lol)
My friends gran died and her house was really dated so they modernised it before selling it. Took out the tongue and groove paneling, removed the stone clad fire place and plastered the walls smooth. A young couple bought the house and the first thing they did? Put wooden panelling on the walls! Looks more old fashioned than when her gran had it 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow