Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

xyzcba

VIP Member
On topic of filtered pics, find it really cringe when an older woman 35+ has a snapchat filtered eg dog or hearts as their profile picture.
I've come across this 50yr old woman on insta who decided she wants to try & become a model, she heavily edits and filters everything so all the pictures are blurry and look like they've been taken on a potato, even a couple of 'pro' ones she's had done have wiggly lines everywhere where she's changing everything. None of them look anything like her. She's also desperately been buying 'followers' and flirting with the creepy pervy men that encourage her, because she looks like something out of readers wives. SO CRINGE.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 14

lemonlime

VIP Member
People on ig or tiktok filming themselves pointing at texts on the screen while awkwardly dancing, or faking surprise by closing their mouths for seconds on end while we're supposed to follow some other text on the screen to figure out what is taking their breath away. Social media is bullshit lately and everything about this "pretend I am posting something that I want to share but just watch my filtered face instead" type of content trend is getting on my nerves. No matter how much I try to curate my feed or browse pages they creep back in.

April89

Chatty Member
I've seen quite a lot of these tiresome posts that say 'tag your siblings/tag your bestie, if they dont reply within the hour they owe you a McDonalds/you win'

People tag others, and you see tbe post days later with no responses or likes, or even worse - an annoyed reply like 'what?' and it just makes me sad.

Similar to the 'these names make the best mates/are the worst influence' and reams of 'we are mad us!' conversations.

I just find fb so old fashioned and cringe-worthy now.

kev1974

VIP Member
girls with stupid words all over their face in photos. Is it a snapchat thing (I don't use it so have no idea, but the Mail claims she is a "snapchat model", whatever that is).

Just looks ridiculous.

1627287064904.png

• Haha

Smallpotato

VIP Member
Girls posting pics of themselves eating pasta like, 'look I'm not like other girls!'

Most girls eat pasta. We just don't try and make a personality out of it.
my size 8, 8stone friend did this the other night. Claimed she was doing it for body positivity. She’s now blocked.

• Haha

viewtube

VIP Member
People posting endless affiliate links, especially for things they don't own or were gifted. Also posting swipe up to see what I'm buying. So called 'influencers ' are no more than professional scroungers

The212

I’ve come off TikTok because I keep seeing comments “mum-shaming” over the most silly things or for simply being a young mum.
Saw a few TikToks of mums jokingly being hungover etc and the comments will be “why are you drinking if you have kids??” Yet the dads on there never get these comments!

I hate how some people think your social life has to end the moment you become a mother 🤦🏽‍♀️

• Heart

Hodgies

Chatty Member
I've just looked through a load of photos of a charity lunch my friend was at today and so sick of women standing in exactly the same way in every single picture. You know how it goes, hand holding clutch bag "just so", slight turn to the side, have one leg slightly in front etc. It's like looking at a rack of mannequins!

• Haha

Jyhy1110

VIP Member
I hate to sound this mean but I hate gofundme! I prefer just giving where the money benefits the charity directly, gofundme has been set up for all stupid reasons and families are taking the funds when it should be given to the charity instead! I understand parents use it for their sick children but I think it should go to the charity that then pays for the child, not profiting the family as some of the funds aren’t even spent on the child

• Heart

Geraldine.20.jobs

VIP Member
🤣 I would say go for it but that was another thing that everyone jumped on the band wagon with when they a went back after the first lockdown or photos of the kids fuming and the parents cheering. That's what irritates me about these things , one person does something original and then everyone else just bleeds it dry
That many things irritate me on social media now, that I rarely post on mine anymore

All the "normal" mum bloggers with normal bodies who parody the ridiculously unrealistic Instagram model poses for laughs. "Knee Deep in Life", etc. Funny the first few times - wearing very thin now. We don't really need to see your flaps.
Knee deep in life is vile. Nobody wants to see your flaps Hun, probably not even your own doormat husband

• Haha

Katykatykaty

VIP Member
Probably gonna get hate for this, but I'm fed up of seeing pics of friends babies at these sensory play classes.

It's not the going to the class I have an issue with, I understand the social aspect, but the other day I saw pics of poor little babies with cooked pasta on their heads and paint all over their feet ffs. Making out that this is some kind of extra special learning experience. The kids are 4 months old, they haven't got a clue what's going on. It's all for the parents isn't it?

It does explain why I never made it to Oxford though. My mum obviously never stuck enough bits of penne to my head.
Sensory play is important for children’s development but the HUGE amount of food waste in these sessions is disgusting. There are so many ways to explore in a sensory way that don’t include wasting boxes of cereal, pasta, jelly, beans etc. Makes my blood boil that half the world is starving yet we waste so much edible food on babies squashing it up to play with.

Orphan_Black

VIP Member
I’ve a friend on fb who got married 2 weeks ago. From the moment she got engaged it was “6 months until I’m Mrs …” “only 5 months until I walk down the aisle”. Then the few weeks before it was in days “22 days etc”. Then hours. After she got married I thought at least that’s over now. Nope how wrong I was. “4 hours since” “3 days since I became Mrs…”. I’m now at “a fortnight since I said “I do”. Was surprised I didn’t get “6 hours since we shagged”. I’m thinking of unfriending 🙃
I'd unfollow them at least! Imagine the countdowns if she got pregnant!

• Haha
  • Heart

April89

Chatty Member
Any time someone shares a quote about a beautiful woman or someone who puts others first, with the caption 'this is me!'

• Haha

Dogleggedhat

VIP Member
Further to your post I saw this gem doing the rounds. I feel sorry for people who feel isolated and overwhelmed after birth but exactly where does this madness end is my question.
this just seems like such an American thing to do. If you know someone who has just had a baby why can’t you text/call/visit to offer support or throw a lasagne round-why does everything have to be a party/celebration/event?

personally I can’t stand the idea of baby showers (especially so far away from the birth date,honestly that just stresses me out) and gender reveals are another thing. Just ask whoever is doing the scan what the sex is and be done with it? Who actually gives a shit what sex someone else’s baby is going to be? I don’t even give a shit what the sex of my own will be lol. That couple in America facing 20years for manslaughter for a gender reveal that led to a three week wildfire and death of a firefighter should be enough to put anyone off ffs.

• Heart

Smallpotato

VIP Member
The ones who constantly mention that they worked throughout the pandemic as if they were front line and not just working from home 🙄 or those still playing the key worker card and trying to blag discounts or special treatments.
Im an ITU nurse and if i get discount at dominos, I’m bloody taking it. Anything to get me through my CBT sessions

• Haha