Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

VIP Member
There is a story in the papers about a "female celebrity" who has a lump on her finger and instead of seeing a Doctor she has
asked her "fans" using social media. This woman has had a previous medical issue before.

I hate it when they do that, attention seeking!

Reactions: 4

bolimepipi

VIP Member
going all crazy on influencers not declaring an ad or gift... i know this is what tattle is all about but can we give it a rest already 😂 we all know they like to hide it and we can all clearly see when something is an ad. no one is forcing you to buy it!!!

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
I do agree although this one should’ve been made public in a way, it needs to be brought to attention that places like that, where older people do visit and do not have a smartphone or know to use one other than to call/text are being singled out. It made me sad that one

I do agree about filming though, there’s a difference to bringing light to a situation and bragging
Yes totally agree, older people don’t always know what to do with various apps and stuff. I’m 30, reasonably tech savvy or so I thought, and even I’m confused with all the different social media platforms these days so I can’t imagine what it’s like to be elderly and have no clue what a Wetherspoons app is but not being able to buy a drink without it!

It’s the picture that didn’t sit right with me, it just looks like it was taken without his knowledge and his life story has been put online for all to see. I guess I can only hope that he did actually give his permission as it seems to have gone crazy viral since, but if that were the case why not get a nice photo of him facing the camera?

But that’s different, you’re putting a direct plea for help alongside an action you’ve taken. You’re not just showing off about the good deed you did for the day expecting lots of glory from your friends/followers. You’re using social media for how it should be used - creating a community!
Agree it’s different when you’re actually being proactive to help someone and not just patting yourself on the back.

Orphan_Black

VIP Member
Oh, so that's why they were sold out!! Proper miffed, because I used to always buy them when they were reduced - can't justify spending 5+ quid on an egg ;-;
Don't blame you! Easter eggs are extortion for what you actually get!!!

Just wait for tomorrow though; all the supermarkets are shut rant posts are coming.... :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 3

katiesmith81

VIP Member
Think its really what I'd call hypochondriacs is the term for some people noticed least one person claiming they have some illness and/or condition when they blatantly havent

Not playing the victim here (as well are plenty of other sites I use one thats amazing jpouch.org though not even on there is always just with friends) was diagnosed with Familial Adenomatous Polyposis (FAP yeah.... lol) causes inevitable bowel cancer if typically the large bowel isnt removed,I say typically due to that being usually the organ thats affected, can cause at times other things to happen even a slight increase risk of thyroid cancer as well but its not major though.

Have had 3 surgeries (ones where yeah have gone invasive as such like open surgery, what I have now is a J Pouch and finally got to the bottom of whats been causing me issues with it which has been pure hell to be quite honest, was even contemplating last week of going back to a stoma yeah and trying to talk myself out of it

Was purely due to being underweight have sometimes fatigue issues that cause me to fall asleep obviously missing meals which yeah makes my weight loss worse thats blatantly obvious, so yeah just been piling on the food as much as I can and finally everything's working out now haha, feel honestly like doing cart wheels across the floor finally get some peace without having to use the toilet every time I eat

Heck forbid anyone of those people claims x condition they have or whatever has any actual health problem as I'd never wish this on anyone EVER!!!

Back in about think was 2014 (to be honest was a bit of a blur) was contemplating suicide, was a complete mental break down yeah.... got help with that, thing is didnt want to phone anyone cause i didnt want anyone talking me out of it at the time but something made me want to phone NHS direct who put me straight through to the crisis team and yeah calmed down at the time lot

Last edited:
  • Heart

MunHun

VIP Member
Clicky women on social media that put patronising comments on each other’s posts that others read as nice but some see for what they really are
It’s very popular with the older generation against the younger, I don’t know if it’s because there insecure or arseholes or both
I’ve not noted men doing it just women
Yes 🙌🏻 It’s like some women just can’t let it be anyone else’s ‘time’ they go all out to take the shine off. Sad.

ProphecyGirl

VIP Member
Just seen a post of an old guy in Wetherspoons and with it was some spiel about how this woman noticed he couldn’t work the app on his phone, so she helped him by ordering his drinks and then chatting to him, apparently he hadn’t spoken to anyone in a year, we should make the effort to help the elderly bla bla bla.

Don’t get me wrong it’s a nice thing to do but this is the same as when people make a show of helping a homeless person. They don’t exist to make you look good on Facebook, taking pictures or videos and writing a sob story on Facebook that they probably didn’t agree to you posting is so ghoulish. People should help others because it’s the right thing to do, not because it makes them look good on social media.
I do agree although this one should’ve been made public in a way, it needs to be brought to attention that places like that, where older people do visit and do not have a smartphone or know to use one other than to call/text are being singled out. It made me sad that one

I do agree about filming though, there’s a difference to bringing light to a situation and bragging

Cats_eyes

Chatty Member
It annoys me that nobody has a hobby anymore, it's a business. Especially a lockdown business .
Someone local to me made 2 peices of jewellery, now has an insta account with a witty name and has a ' business '. They probably haven't sold anything .

I don't think it's a business unless hmrc know .
I get that this is annoying I make cakes and manage to sell a few obviously not enough to go self employed but it's still kinda nice to get orders I'd get more orders if I posted to social media but it's not a job and not legal but maybe she manages to go legal one day and make money from a hobby. So fair play to them, I find the multi level marketing worst 🙈. I also followed a few independent jewelry makers (just normal girls) because my bf has opal hunters on the TV most days.😂 I'm quite tempted tbf some pieces look stunning.

flutternutter

VIP Member
When I see gushing posts about spouses I assume affair right away.
Its funny because shes always the first person to say any minor disagreement with my husband is a row. As if she's trying to shift the attention to us bickering over whether we plant the purple flowers or the pink flowers. I get the impression she will go home and tell her hubby wow they argue all the time 😂

• Haha

Orphan_Black

VIP Member
This actually makes me want to vomit 🤮, it’s usually paired with “hun” or “lovelies”. People that tell us all how many meals a 2lb reduced chicken makes.
It's total MLM speech now. Normally the start of some spiel the upline has told them to post, desperately trying to cling onto their dwindling list of friends because none of us want your snake oil!!

VIP Member
I'm sorry if this is triggering for anyone, but I really cannot abide when I read that someone has passed away and the person writes 'they have lost their battle with cancer' - it's undermining, it's disempowering and just downright rude. It really riles me!
The problem is what other way can you say it? would 'has died of cancer' be more preferable?

April fools jokes by companies on social media. Some of them are good but others are terrible. Build a Bear have put out an ad with a discount code for 25% off, the ad links directly to their website but the code doesn’t work as it’s an ‘April fools’ joke. What exactly is funny about that, just seems like an underhanded way to get people on their website, it’s put me off even looking🙄
Some have been good, others just plan daft. But that is stupid and not funny.
One I follow did Irn-bru golden wonder crisps. Jalapeno flavoured water. Erm yeah believable. But gross thoughts