Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Noseybatch

VIP Member
Absolutely all of the above. I have a friend who posts the worst crawling happy birthday mummy posts when she isnt on social media. I dont understand how it works, do you screenshot the comments and likes and send them that? Maybe you could just send a card instead? Also most ppl comment to be polite...
I'm not in FB and my mum @'s my name all the time (my sister informs me) , I don't get it haha

Reactions: 5

Cupid_Stunt

VIP Member
What does that even mean ? I must be getting old because I just can’t work that one out
It comes from the phrase ‘punching above your weight’. In boxing terms you usually have fights with someone within your own weight bracket otherwise someone above your weight will be too much for you to take on.

In everyday slang ‘punching above your weight’ means you are going out with someone out of your league e.g. better looking etc

Reactions: 4

Gloria Rostron

VIP Member
People who post on the anniversary of their pet's death as though it was their husband etc that got killed. I get that it is sad, but it is an animal at the end of the day.

Dogleggedhat

VIP Member
I appreciate photography only on a level where is blatantly good. That’s because I don’t “get” photography, I’m not artistic etc. So I just like the obviously cool stuff. Anyway I feel bad for saying this but I have a few photography friends who’ll post photo dumps with a caption like “35mm” (which I think is film) or “despair in the gravel, light licking your bones” / something equally as strange and it’s all random pictures of sticks or scabs or an old shop sign. It’s me who’s uncultured here, I know that. It just always bugs me.
I totally get this and it’s so dull. Everyone’s a bloody photographer these days. I also don’t like people posting pictures of a nice evening sky with #nofilter

Have to say am glad I don't have Facebook hated it when shown it years ago as invited to join it. Its crap that you get this crap about unfollowing someone if you want to. On twitter you can mute people so don't see them but if you want to can still have a nosy at their account. Not sure if on Facebook??

moosesauna

Chatty Member
I work with a girl who I assumed was mid to late 30s. She's very pretty, wears designer clothes, has the latest make-up look - currently lip plumpers and laminated eyebrows, magnetic eyelashes, along with a deep fake tan and those talon nails, she has long wavy hair extensions. She looks fantastic - but imagine my dismay when it was her birthday and I asked her old she was, I was ready with my 'NOOOO!! You can't be possibly that old' exclamation when she told me she was TWENTY. I was shocked because she looks a lot older, like a well-preserved woman on the verge of middle-age, not someone just out of her teens.
Oh god, so this is why people think I'm 13 💀 💀

• Haha

Warpaint

VIP Member
Good question if a tad confusing ☺ I’m not aware of anyone who uses their platform for the greater good and breaks down Instagram users who claim to be successful influencers. Youngsters aren’t aware that a lot of these influencers are up to their neck in debt trying to sustain a lifestyle they can’t afford and selling their souls so they can appear successful. It would be quite refreshing to have one come forward and say you know what it’s all a load of shite.
Sounds like the type of thing BBC Three would pick up. I'm sure they did a MLM one a few years ago

• Heart
What the fuck did I just watch.
What on earth indeed! Why? Just why. Fuck me. I am so very glad I'm too old to have grown up with social media. I'd have crucified myself over and over. In fact MySpace was a thing in my early 20's and the cringe when I looked back on that was bad enough.

Scottish Care Bear

So called body positive influencers posting pics of women calling them “Beached Whales, Fatties” & comments re their body like “too much flubber on show”

• Wow

Heyguysswipeup

VIP Member
If they eloped was she even invited?? 😂 how cringe if she wasn’t even there!
Nope but she thinks she’s special cos she found out earlier than most people.. even tho I found out at the same time as her but just didn’t feel the need to let everyone know I did 🙃

• Haha

Welshie

Totally this!!! I went through cancer too, still very recent for me but everyone loves to say use the word “battle” when speaking to me... I feel like telling them to fuck off, like people have a choice on how it goes. Makes me so cross. Anyway, sorry for the rant and derail 🤣🤣🤣
Awful! Sending you healing vibes ♥

• Heart

Incognito_burrito

VIP Member
Just went and checked both groups that the post was in and surprise surprise both got deleted 😂
Debs is still there. She has 4 likes and still just the one comment hoping she’s ok. She’s probably dm’d the person who commented and is more than likely still feewwwmmminnnn . 😂

• Haha

Warpaint

VIP Member
I appreciate photography only on a level where is blatantly good. That’s because I don’t “get” photography, I’m not artistic etc. So I just like the obviously cool stuff. Anyway I feel bad for saying this but I have a few photography friends who’ll post photo dumps with a caption like “35mm” (which I think is film) or “despair in the gravel, light licking your bones” / something equally as strange and it’s all random pictures of sticks or scabs or an old shop sign. It’s me who’s uncultured here, I know that. It just always bugs me.
Sounds like pretentious bullshit to me lol. I don't think it's because you're uncultured.

Pawpaw365

VIP Member
Don’t know if this has been mentioned before, but I’m tired of seeing slender/ average sized women show off their “cellulite” or tummy rolls and go on about it like they’re in the running for the Nobel peace prize. E.g. Irish insta hun Roz Purcell.
Devoted2pink is a prime suspect for this.

ginandlipstick

I’ve just seen this on a Facebook friends status. “Thank you to the guy in the Audi that cut me up on the dual carriage way 10 minutes ago, you’re a prick” 😂 Yes Deb he’s really going to see that on your closed wall or maybe one of your 184 friends could find him and tell him. 😂
Someone did that in the town group thing on Facebook today and it didn’t go down well 😂

• Haha