Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

VC10

VIP Member
It's the people who have to post images of all the litter they've collected up whilst out walking that really annoy me. Awh, have an imaginary gold star. lol. It's great to do it, but why post about it? You're not inspiring or motivating anyone, you just want back pats.
I dont know where they find it all? Its lovely round here, no crap anywhere? They must go around with a bag in the car, filling it up from bins and making out theyve picked it all up 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 5

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Even funnier when they're at a chain and thus the food has likely been processed to hell, then reheated from frozen and sold for a huge markup 😂 😂
Especially the chips. Don't lie about your 'homemade' chips. I can tell a fake chip a mile off.

• Haha

Warpaint

VIP Member
Add-on for people who overuse 'sociopath' and 'narcissist' to describe people they don't particularly get along with. As someone who's met a fair few real narcissists, and had friends who've experienced abuse at the hands of people like that, it reduces a terrifying concept to a cheap Twitter buzzword, and ironically often contributes to the poster's victim narrative!
Only a true Sociopathic narcissist could come with a post like that :eek: o_O:censored:

• Haha

jarv

VIP Member
Omg if I see one more influencer doing an ad for that stupid sky "what should I watch" function I am going to scream lol!!

VIP Member
People who feel the need to tell people they've voted. It's the new "I've just had my jab" for a day at least.

Also, pics of dogs/kids at polling stations. I like dogs, I tolerate kids, but I'm not that interested that you took either of them to a polling station (it's also another roundabout way of telling people that you've voted).
I have an American friend, she posted she had voted and I thought does she want a bloody medal? :LOL:

• Haha

Sea

VIP Member
I've seen various forms of that one floating around. They always came across as quite passive aggressive and cliquey. The posts always ended with something like 'If I didn't tag you, don't be offended. Only wanted to include people who I knew would do this'
Yeh well, you know what? even though I hate these stupid posts, I'm offended you didn't tag me.

Husband/wives posting it's their date night 🤢
(I mean when they'd go out - not them sharing their nudge nudge wink wink!)

Last edited:

Shesaidwhat?

VIP Member
The old guy's face seems to be blanked out in a lot of the news media posts too, so are we to assume he didn't give his permission for his photo to be taken and plastered all over the place?

How ironic but also very unsurprising that it's now the virtue signaller's face that we are seeing everywhere.
It’s true what’s already been said nothing is done for the right reasons. It makes me wonder if the man in the photo even knew a photo was being taken.

sheleg

VIP Member
re' Princess Diana and her boys, no one knows what she would have felt!!
I have a sneaky suspicion that she might... not have loved Meghan! I mean, who knows. Maybe she would have seen her as a kindred spirit. But yeah - it's impossible to know.

AnderbeauJohnson

VIP Member
See also “haul”. It reminds me of when I was a kid and would go clothes shopping, then come home and make my family watch a ‘fashion show’ of me putting the outfits on. They weren’t really interested then, and I’m not interested now in seeing grown adults show off what they can afford to buy!
The ones that annoy me most are haul videos of kids/pre-teens trying on clothes. It's one thing to make it unlisted and send it to a couple of family members if the kid wants to make a video, but it makes me shudder to think of the type of people who might be watching that sort of thing on YouTube.

• Sad

Warpaint

VIP Member
The whole influencer scene is so fake. They buy followers and likes. There is a website social blade on which you can check their stats but there’s also a company called managingdigitalmarketing that have an Instagram page on which they publish detailed reports on how authentic someone’s Instagram followers/engagement is. I joined this site to see photos being shared about an Irish wannabe influencer and recently that instagram page published a report to show she only has 17% authenticity on her Instagram page. Basically she’s bought close to 100k fake followers and her blue tick. It’s shocking that this is what young teenagers aspire to be because they look at the likes of this woman and others and think all you need to be famous is an Instagram page and some collabs.
Are there any like anti-influencers telling people the reality? Or are they classed as influencers influencing people to be anti-influencers 🤔

• Haha

eSsExBiRd

VIP Member
People who respond to questions in groups with “I think it’s”

99.99% of the time their thought was wrong. It’s not hard to double check before answering.

VC10

VIP Member
Just seen a post of an old guy in Wetherspoons and with it was some spiel about how this woman noticed he couldn’t work the app on his phone, so she helped him by ordering his drinks and then chatting to him, apparently he hadn’t spoken to anyone in a year, we should make the effort to help the elderly bla bla bla.

Don’t get me wrong it’s a nice thing to do but this is the same as when people make a show of helping a homeless person. They don’t exist to make you look good on Facebook, taking pictures or videos and writing a sob story on Facebook that they probably didn’t agree to you posting is so ghoulish. People should help others because it’s the right thing to do, not because it makes them look good on social media.
Its all a right load of old guff , in my opinion, virtue-signalling. Lots online comes from organisations trolling/posting on social media, under some psydonymn to make out that its a member of the public doing it, etc
I remember similar stories bandied about concerning kindly middle eastern taxi drivers in new york , along a similar vein, after the 11th of September terrorist attacks, its been going on for 20 years

ginandlipstick

Dunno if it’s been said but people who post there work out in there frontroom sped up for us to all endure
Because obviously you just telling us that you done the workout wasn’t enough
It’s when they do it every single day as well - their daily 10am yoga session and work out. Yes we all know that you do daily workout and yoga - you don’t need to keep telling us.

BelleAmie

VIP Member
Omg I wanted to say clicking fingers too. Did you see those other gobshites at Xmas who did something similar where they threw a bauble into an empty room then on the next pic the room had the Xmas tree up
They still do it now but with pregnancy tests and babies 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Wow

ginandlipstick

I always think, they’re clearly not fucking OK, hence the emergency services in attendance.

Also, the rubberneckers who post to say they noticed police/ambulance attending something on X Street, or air ambulance landing in the park: what’s going on? Nosy bastards 🤣
oh we get “anyone hear the sirens? What one is it and where is it going?” Is it any of your business? Irks me so much