Things that you are sick of seeing on Social Media #15

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just saw in my favourite FB group
“Who has roast dinner when it’s above 20 degrees? Please vote and let me know”.
Bloody hell love, surely you can make your own decision about whether you can be arsed to cook/eat a roast in the summer?!?

Haven’t seen too many “what can I buy my kid’s teacher for under 89p?” posts yet but I’m sure they’re coming 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 17
What sort of "parenting advice" is this? Make your child sleep in their clothes so they won't be as comfortable then send them to school or activities in the clothes they've slept in all night? This doesn't give the child a proper routine or help them learn independence, it's just parental laziness 🤦‍♀️ Also doesn't shock me that the video for this is her very young child staring at a tablet before bed 🙄 There are too many videos like this one on Facebook. (I blocked out the childs face to protect her privacy)
Screenshot_20240624_195051_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20240624_195045_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20240624_195048_Facebook.jpg

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
L
What sort of "parenting advice" is this? Make your child sleep in their clothes so they won't be as comfortable then send them to school or activities in the clothes they've slept in all night? This doesn't give the child a proper routine or help them learn independence, it's just parental laziness 🤦‍♀️ Also doesn't shock me that the video for this is her very young child staring at a tablet before bed 🙄 There are too many videos like this one on Facebook. (I blocked out the childs face to protect her privacy) View attachment 3014841View attachment 3014842View attachment 3014843
shockingly lazy parenting.

Reactions: 21
What sort of "parenting advice" is this? Make your child sleep in their clothes so they won't be as comfortable then send them to school or activities in the clothes they've slept in all night? This doesn't give the child a proper routine or help them learn independence, it's just parental laziness 🤦‍♀️ Also doesn't shock me that the video for this is her very young child staring at a tablet before bed 🙄 There are too many videos like this one on Facebook. (I blocked out the childs face to protect her privacy) View attachment 3014841View attachment 3014842View attachment 3014843
Absolutely not, ffs whoever thought that was a good idea? And that child looks as if it's wearing a nappy or pullups so what if she has an accident during the night? Keep changing her into more clothes rather than pj's? And do they not bother washing their kids on a morning?
---
I don’t even know what that is..
Me neither!

Reactions: 12
I think this is Instagram specific, but batshit crazy etiquette "experts" promising to teach women how to be "elegant". One silly cow had a video showing how to drink a glass of water elegantly. Another one, by a possibly Russian emigre woman in an awful jumper, completely over-thinks how to eat a scone. She seems under the impression that scones are a classy luxury treat, when you can buy them in packs of 4 for a pound in Asda.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
They'll be changing the pull up in the morning anyway, so there is no point dressing them in their day clothes.

Reactions: 9
Is it normal for kids to go to school whilst still in nappy stage?

Reactions: 6
This advice came from every parent's new patron saint, Miss Rachel. I have big beef with Miss Rachel being left to parent children via youtube, but when she came out with this it was the nail in the coffin for me.

Reactions: 7
Just saw in my favourite FB group
“Who has roast dinner when it’s above 20 degrees? Please vote and let me know”.
Bloody hell love, surely you can make your own decision about whether you can be arsed to cook/eat a roast in the summer?!?

Haven’t seen too many “what can I buy my kid’s teacher for under 89p?” posts yet but I’m sure they’re coming 🙄
Ooh please let me know, my kid finishes school in a week or so and his teacher deserves something special (from Home Bargains) :D

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Is it normal for kids to go to school whilst still in nappy stage?
According to a woman I know who is a teacher, in the past 10 years, more and more children have been starting school in nappies (not counting SEND kids/suspected SEND kids either) I was actually talking to someone she's friends with who teaches the Nursery class in the School and they have 15 children who will be in Reception in September and 7 of them are still in nappies, she says she spends more time going backwards and forwards to the toilets to change nappies then she does teaching a full Phonics lesson. They are actually having to look for another teaching assistant for September because the current TA's spend so much time changing nappies in the toilets that they are left with a lower ratio of staff in the classroom that they need. She says it even disrupts lunch times because instead of all the children sitting together to eat for lunch time, there is always one member of staff that ends up rushing off with some kids to change their nappy. Nursery teachers are educators, they are there to educate and get children ready for Reception in September but it seems she spends a lot of the time checking nappies, changing kids and writing down nappy changing routines. She says shes spoken to parents who think that once children are ready they will just get to the point where they take their nappy off and go to the toilet themselves, they don't actually think they need to help their children use the toilet at all, they expect them to do it themselves eventually. She knows children are all different but from the experiences she has had it's parents waiting as long as possible to see if their child will go themselves so they don't have to do anything.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
According to a woman I know who is a teacher, in the past 10 years, more and more children have been starting school in nappies (not counting SEND kids/suspected SEND kids either) I was actually talking to someone she's friends with who teaches the Nursery class in the School and they have 15 children who will be in Reception in September and 7 of them are still in nappies, she says she spends more time going backwards and forwards to the toilets to change nappies then she does teaching a full Phonics lesson. They are actually having to look for another teaching assistant for September because the current TA's spend so much time changing nappies in the toilets that they are left with a lower ratio of staff in the classroom that they need. She says it even disrupts lunch times because instead of all the children sitting together to eat for lunch time, there is always one member of staff that ends up rushing off with some kids to change their nappy. Nursery teachers are educators, they are there to educate and get children ready for Reception in September but it seems she spends a lot of the time checking nappies, changing kids and writing down nappy changing routines. She says shes spoken to parents who think that once children are ready they will just get to the point where they take their nappy off and go to the toilet themselves, they don't actually think they need to help their children use the toilet at all, they expect them to do it themselves eventually. She knows children are all different but from the experiences she has had it's parents waiting as long as possible to see if their child will go themselves so they don't have to do anything.
My youngest child has just finished A levels, I remember her primary school teacher telling us this fourteen years ago. It's lazy parenting in my opinion.

Reactions: 10