Things that you are sick of seeing on Social Media #15

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Everyone jumping on the bandwagon about the Sat's being a massive pressure and withdrawing their kids. I do get some will have struggles anx stresses with it especially if they have special needs but each year there seems to be a rise in people saying their kids cant cope etc , sometimes I do think parents push that feeling onto their kids , i don't remember it being a big deal when I did them and the same for my eldest a couple of years ago, the school didn't seem to pressure them at all
Part of life is learning to deal with stresses. These kids are going to be too cotton wool wrapped to ever deal with the real world. 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Part of life is learning to deal with stresses. These kids are going to be too cotton wool wrapped to ever deal with the real world. 🙄
Yes and no. My kids school really laid on the pressure with Sats for a long time before they even sat them, whereas when I was at school we didn't have them at all. You finished junior school, went to senior school and over time were arranged into groups depending on your ability and then you studied for your O levels. That was pressure enough.

Reactions: 8
Yes and no. My kids school really laid on the pressure with Sats for a long time before they even sat them, whereas when I was at school we didn't have them at all. You finished junior school, went to senior school and over time were arranged into groups depending on your ability and then you studied for your O levels. That was pressure enough.
Yeah this. My kid is in Y1 and they've got phonics testing soon and the school is so on it. Sent home booklets, pages to practice, links with 50+ videos to practice (daily), there was even a meeting. It's madness, he's 5.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Yeah this. My kid is in Y1 and they've got phonics testing soon and the school is so on it. Sent home booklets, pages to practice, links with 50+ videos to practice (daily), there was even a meeting. It's madness, he's 5.
I agree I think the pressure is ott these days, from a very young age. I also think the exam system seems far more complicated than in my day, based on what my kids have done.

Reactions: 8
The problem with sats is that unlike GCSE & ALevel there’s no benefit or reward to the individual child. It’s the school that’s getting measured so the teachers are really the ones under pressure and that runs down to the kids and parents. Yes some children will be highlighted as needing extra help from the results as they enter high school but that should be identified way before sitting a sat test.

Reactions: 12
American TikTok speak making its way into other SM platforms (and this site!!)
- “unalived”, “deleted”, “sewerslide”
- “she/he is a minor” (just say underage/child/kid ffs)
- “seggs”
etc etc

Reactions: 19
It must depend on the school then as I didn't feel any pressure and neither did my child for her Sat's and my youngest is about to do his phonics and isn't really aware of it tbh 😆

Reactions: 3
American TikTok speak making its way into other SM platforms (and this site!!)
- “unalived”, “deleted”, “sewerslide”
- “she/he is a minor” (just say underage/child/kid ffs)
- “seggs”
etc etc
Americanisms do my head in. I still cringe at the word ‘awesome’ and ‘you guys’. I’ve never used either term once

• Heart
Reactions: 13
The problem with sats is that unlike GCSE & ALevel there’s no benefit or reward to the individual child. It’s the school that’s getting measured so the teachers are really the ones under pressure and that runs down to the kids and parents. Yes some children will be highlighted as needing extra help from the results as they enter high school but that should be identified way before sitting a sat test.
Exactly. We asked why sats were a thing now and were told that it's a measure of the schools performance and hence why they push the kids to do well.
---
I prefer the Scottish “yous” hahahah
In the North East we'd say "yous lot"...🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10

fgs what is this.
Also why is there an apostrophe in the title and then no apostrophes in the text itself?
It doesn't even need one

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Thats mad, mine is Y1 too. They mentioned it at individual Teacher Parent meetings in March, but they also said they've been doing practice tests for a while and they don't anticipate any kids in the entire year group having an issue with it.

Reactions: 2
Someone has just put on that family page that their sons gf had some money saved up by her Mother but was kicked out at 17 and now her Mother has withdrew the money. So she wants to know if the girl can claim it.

Why put something so private on a public page and there's obviously another side to the story. The girls parents might see it and be mortified if they have genuine reasons for keeping the money from her , it's not anonymous so people will probably work out if they know them. Either way there's no need to air something so private

Last edited:
Reactions: 5