Things that you are sick of seeing on Social Media #15

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
this is very specific but my TikTok is full of them - if i see one more ‘healthy but realistic wieiad’ and it’s someone with a £700 sage barista pro in a stunning kitchen cooking salmon for breakfast, chicken for lunch and steak for dinner (all from Waitrose/m&s) and using an entire punnet of raspberries for their snack with the caption ‘a full day of yummy delicious eats 🌈’ I’m going to throw my phone down the bleeping TOILET

yeah it looks sensational but how is that realistic, what planet are they on??? 😭
They are on planet TikTok where nothing is real.

Reactions: 3
This is really petty of me but when I’m watching a Grwm the way they all lean forward to put their earrings in. They all do it the same way and it just makes me cringe. I know it’s probably to see in the phone camera where the hole is but it just annoys the life out of me!
I just feel the hole on mine without looking in the mirror 😆 must be doing it wrong

• Haha
Reactions: 8
People droning on about autism or some heavy topic, even worse when it’s second hand. Shoehorning it into lighthearted stuff. Every big thread on here ends up going on about n*urodivergence or walls of life stories, doesn’t matter what it is. Such a buzz kill when you just want to read about the topic 🤣 Yes I am a curmudgeon and no this isn’t aimed at anyone in particular, because it happens all the time 🤪

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
People droning on about autism or some heavy topic, even worse when it’s second hand. Shoehorning it into lighthearted stuff. Every big thread on here ends up going on about n*urodivergence or walls of life stories, doesn’t matter what it is. Such a buzz kill when you just want to read about the topic 🤣 Yes I am a curmudgeon and no this isn’t aimed at anyone in particular, because it happens all the time 🤪
I agree ! Every time someone does something it's due to thier ads /adhd . I go to a forest school with my little boy and the amount of things one child gets away with due to his 'nourodivergence ' is unbelievable, he's not a toddler either he's 9! Tell him he's wrong asda or not he needs to know when hes wrong , yes hell kick off yes it'll be tit BUT thats what being a parent is .Or he'll be really interested in something on you tube or a film , his mother will say oh it's cause he's asd /adhd. No its because he's 9 he's a markerters dream

Reactions: 19
My friend does this. Everything is her ADHD which hasn't been diagnosed yet

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
My friend does this. Everything is her ADHD which hasn't been diagnosed yet
It's almost become fetishized/fashionable/a wearable personality trait...which detracts from those who actually have to manage their asd/ahdh on a daily basis. Too many people want to bandwagon and make excuses based on self-diagnosis. I do think naughty kids are being mislabled as neurodiverse without diagnosis. Which inevitably will cause difficulty for actually neurodiverse kids in the long run. It's like it's a social media fad to be neurodiverse.

Reactions: 29
My husband has ADHD and my nephew is just a naughty kid who needs boundaries. The fact my husbands sister keeps pointing to him as evidence her son is ADHD really really insults and infuriates my husband! As my fella points out his ADHD has never only displayed itself in being a tit (he was a little disruptive as a kid), he also has to follow societal rules and can't just say "oh sorry, I'm adhd, stuff you"! He's had to develop strategies and learn his own triggers and symptoms, researched the impact of diet and lifestyle, he's constantly tinkering with supplements, and yes there are tines when he's just having a really unfocused adhd day and we have to bend to it, but he's never just shrugged and gone "I'm adhd, deal with it "

Reactions: 21
It may have been on here that someone once said that Foetal Alcohol Syndrome is often misdiagnosed as autism or ADHD. That would make sense to me, when you look at a fair few parents of these children who supposedly have one of the conditions.
---
Ah, found the post again and it didn't quite say they get misdiagnosed, rather that it's impossible to give a diagnosis of FASD without solid proof of the mother's alcohol/drug use, so ASD and/or ADHD are the substitute label.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Every man and his dog has ADHD/Autism now. It’s taking the piss and insulting to those who genuinely have it! It’s a total excuse for bad behaviour sometimes and the amount of twit celebs who have self diagnosed themselves is ridiculous! They also blame their chaotic behaviour and life choices on this!

Reactions: 27
I’m diagnosed with ADHD but honestly don’t even mention it in my day to day life now, even when I have reason to. It’s become such a big thing and apparently everybody has it to the point where I feel like my diagnosis means absolutely nothing anymore. Real ADHD isn’t being cute and quirky and - OH A SQUIRREL like everybody seems to think it is. Sick to death of it, it’s like a few years ago when everybody used to go “oh I need my house to be tidy because I’m soooooo OCD”

• Heart
Reactions: 25
People repeating the same baby reindeer jokes such as "sent from my iphone" or saying she will be stalking Piers Morgan and thinking they're absolutely hilarious but its been said a million times, get you're own content!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I was trying to explain to my husband last night what a content creator is. He still doesn't understand.

Reactions: 2
People repeating the same baby reindeer jokes such as "sent from my iphone" or saying she will be stalking Piers Morgan and thinking they're absolutely hilarious but its been said a million times, get you're own content!
Baby Reindeer is the first thing my MIL has watched on Netflix, she thinks it’s absolutely groundbreaking. It’s been her personality trait for about 2 weeks, it’s all she talks about. We could be talking about cheese and she’d bring it back to Baby Reindeer. My partner was talking about one of his friends yesterday and his Mum goes ‘sounds like a bit of a Martha’ the story my partner told about his friend had duck all to do about stalking 🤣 Then we were talking and she randomly said, ‘sent from my iphone!’ out loud. Then later that night she text my partner saying ‘night! Sent from my iphone!’ We’re losing the will to live 🤣

She gets like this over things though, her obsession before this was Luke Littler and ‘how on earth is he only 16?!’ 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 32
When I first heard Baby Reindeer mentioned I got excited because I thought it was a new Christmas film coming out 🤣. Now I'm sick to death of hearing about it. I haven't read any of the many many articles I've seen because the headlines are enough...

Reactions: 12
I actually don’t mind this one, I think it’s lovely that so many people have been able to see it 🥲
I do understand, but it feels like the snow days when EVERYONE crawls out of the woodwork to post a snow pic.

Full disclaimer: I posted an aurora photo 🤣

• Haha