Things that you are sick of seeing on Social Media #14

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Those long poetic posts about serious illnesses, where it ends with 'please can at least 5 people copy and paste this and leave it as their status for one hour, I think I know who will because they care' is emotional blackmail and does absolutely nothing for people living with the illness. The best help I can offer to someone going through chemo is practical help, like childcare, housework, shopping, lifts to appointments not putting some trite statement on Facebook.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Has anybody seen the video/pic of the girl who was caught having a shower during the live stream of a funeral? 😳😳😳

• Wow
Reactions: 6
People posting selfies on holiday with a face on them like they want to complain to the council about not collecting their bin.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
This just popped up for me:

It’s sad that women can't and don't know how to be friends.
You’re suppose to be empowered by your sistas not intimidated or jealous! Well let's see …
Calling all my girlfriends & women in my life.
I don't have many, but the ones I do have are pretty EPIC.
I’m calling for solidarity to show there is support between us.
So I need 5 women to post this to prove they will ALWAYS be available if anyone needs to talk. 😘
I think I know who might actually say Done!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 10

You’re suppose to be empowered by your sistas not intimidated or jealous! Well let's see …
So I need 5 women to post this to prove they will ALWAYS be available if anyone needs to talk. 😘
It makes me laugh when those things include "I think I know who will be one of the people that will share" yeah me too, it will be the idiots that always share this kind of this, won't it

• Haha
Reactions: 11

What’s the betting they dont have many cos they’ve got previous for being a proper witch 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
It makes me laugh when those things include "I think I know who will be one of the people that will share" yeah me too, it will be the idiots that always share this kind of this, won't it
It's the mention of 'sistas' that pisses me off the most.

Reactions: 8
Tbh I'm not a huge fan of the whole 'women must support women' sentiment so the whole thing pisses me off a bit 🤣

Yes, just because we have vaginas in common, doesn't mean I can't call women out if they're dicks - see Katie Price, Jodie Marsh et al. It's infantile and reductive.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I haven't seen the actual footage of the girl in the shower but did read an article on it , I don't get why she decided to have a shower if she was supposed to be watching the service, I'm confused with it.
Some people were saying why wasn't she there if she had time for a shower but I get that as she could have lived miles away or their might have been restrictions on only very close family and friends welcome in the church.

Reactions: 3
I haven't seen the actual footage of the girl in the shower but did read an article on it , I don't get why she decided to have a shower if she was supposed to be watching the service, I'm confused with it.
Some people were saying why wasn't she there if she had time for a shower but I get that as she could have lived miles away or their might have been restrictions on only very close family and friends welcome in the church.
I also don’t get it (also haven’t seen it), it seems disrespectful to have a shower when you’re supposed to be watching a funeral. Also the funerals that I’ve ‘attended’ on line haven’t been ones where the viewers are also shown on screen, it’s been a broadcast out rather than an interactive thing.
I also heard it was an ‘everything’ shower which seems even more disrespectful - who’s shaving their pubes while listening to a eulogy?!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
What’s this about?

I haven’t seen it either so confused about how you can accidentally angle a camera so it captures everything you’re doing in a shower?? Can’t get my head round what that set up looks like!

I also don’t get it (also haven’t seen it), it seems disrespectful to have a shower when you’re supposed to be watching a funeral. Also the funerals that I’ve ‘attended’ on line haven’t been ones where the viewers are also shown on screen, it’s been a broadcast out rather than an interactive thing.
I also heard it was an ‘everything’ shower which seems even more disrespectful - who’s shaving their pubes while listening to a eulogy?!
Haven't seen it but this sounds like it must be either fake or a promo for something tbh

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.