Things that you are sick of seeing on Social Media #14

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That “We’re…. of course” thing STILL hasn’t died a death 😠

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Insta huns spraying perfume *around* themselves in an high arc. Some goes on their hair and a little on their clothes but most just floats away. None is sprayed on the skin.
This is another "Have I been doing it wrong all my life" moment, but my main gripe is what a flipping waste! 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 8
People saying spill the tea! Hate that expression! I’m beginning to feel like I live in an alternative universe to everyone else with all these new sayings or maybe I’m just getting old! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Mine is full of mention of a local homeless man who was severely beaten just before Christmas and the man who did it, got six months, half already served. I know the man who is homeless, he has many many complex needs and finding somewhere safe to sleep where I live is extremely hard, got to know where the cctv is etc.

However, some of the comments are really horrible. The usual about him needing to get a job (none, incidentally about the unemployed “man” who nearly killed him and after being told to back off by police then came back to try and finish him off. Six bloody months for nearly killing someone (he’s know for his uncontrollable hatred of the homeless, setting fire to sleeping bags/tents and urinating on people). All the hate aimed at the homeless man.

Yes, this is personal for me, I know him (not saying he’s perfect he’s not); and I am facing street homelessness myself because I physically cannot get into the emergency accommodation here and that’s deemed choice because I look fine.

But that all aside

When did this become acceptable behaviour? Really?? Why is it ok for this man to nearly kill a homeless man? We have a huge homeless problem where I am as it’s very rural, people buying second homes a huge issue because there simply isn’t the work here.

Social media can be a force for such good, there certainly are kind people in the world, but I’m rapidly coming to the conclusion that they are not to be found on social media.

Did this happen in mid Wales? Saw an article in wales online about a similar incident, absolutely terrifying for the victim x

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Yes that’s the same one. He’s back on the street now, sadly. I spoke to him today, he told me to “avoid anyone offering help” 😔

• Sad
The Royal family thing is getting out of hand now , I don't get why people care so much if there's an announcement then just bloody wait and if there isn't then get on with your life and shut up about it. It doesn't impact us in the slightest

Reactions: 12
People saying spill the tea! Hate that expression! I’m beginning to feel like I live in an alternative universe to everyone else with all these new sayings or maybe I’m just getting old! 😂
Yes! Why did we need a new expression for spilling the beans or having a gossip?

Reactions: 6
Oh duck off. Them not you @watermelon sugar. Why are the Diana lot so deranged?
I had the misfortune of spending the week of her death with my aunt who was a massive massive Diana fan. I’d always assumed she’d end her life (not sure why but I did), so when it was announced I thought that was it, ad, was more shocked she had died in a car crash. But the whole week it was back to back news, when we went out it was recorded. Every paper was purchased and various royal places around where she lived in Berkshire visited along with thousands of others. Flowers bought and put out for her everywhere we went, even non royal places. Then my last day was watching her funeral, on multiple TV sets to make sure we got it all, and all recorded and rewatched. She was totally unhinged when it came to that woman. No idea why.

I’ve no doubt when the queen died she was spinning in her grave that Charles got to became king, never mind camilla being referred to as queen (had misfortune of being with her when they got married as well). If she wasn’t dead I’ve no doubt she’d have been penning a long letter about why it shouldn’t be allowed - like she did when he married camilla!!

I don’t get it at all. She spent the time I was with her on those occasions going for me for not being extremely sad and distressed but I just didn’t understand. Yes she died young, I was sorry for her boys (having lost my foster mum at 5) but that was it.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Bloody fb posts from Mother’s Day. How come in suddenly seeing them all? Also I post things on my timeline and I swear nobody sees it half the time! There’s so many ads!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
‘Delete if not allowed’ on Facebook posts. Well yes I’m sure the moderator will delete if it’s not allowed. Without your permission 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I had the misfortune of spending the week of her death with my aunt who was a massive massive Diana fan. I’d always assumed she’d end her life (not sure why but I did), so when it was announced I thought that was it, ad, was more shocked she had died in a car crash. But the whole week it was back to back news, when we went out it was recorded. Every paper was purchased and various royal places around where she lived in Berkshire visited along with thousands of others. Flowers bought and put out for her everywhere we went, even non royal places. Then my last day was watching her funeral, on multiple TV sets to make sure we got it all, and all recorded and rewatched. She was totally unhinged when it came to that woman. No idea why.

I’ve no doubt when the queen died she was spinning in her grave that Charles got to became king, never mind camilla being referred to as queen (had misfortune of being with her when they got married as well). If she wasn’t dead I’ve no doubt she’d have been penning a long letter about why it shouldn’t be allowed - like she did when he married camilla!!

I don’t get it at all. She spent the time I was with her on those occasions going for me for not being extremely sad and distressed but I just didn’t understand. Yes she died young, I was sorry for her boys (having lost my foster mum at 5) but that was it.
My MiL is like this. Mad Diana fan. Every time Charles or camilla is on the tv she launches into a tirade. It’s as if she’s been personally slighted by the old boy and his missus. Whenever I bring up how Diana ruined Julie Carlings life or how the queen should have let C&C marry in the 70s she explodes. Won’t have a word said about her saint Di. Madness. She’s a royalist but Charles is ‘not her king’. Calm down dear 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I work with someone who detests Camilla. Honestly, you'd think it was her who Charles had cheated on.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I work with someone who detests Camilla. Honestly, you'd think it was her who Charles had cheated on.
I know someone who hates Camilla!
Says that Camilla's own sister said she was laziest person she'd ever known.
Idk. Haven't looked into it nor do I care. But yeah people are weird haha

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I’d always assumed she’d end her life (not sure why but I did)
Yes me too! I think because the whole thing was really intense that year, i remember the photos on the yacht with Dodi and the papers going mad, that seem a greate extent she was courting it whilst also saying she was very vulnerable; the two things can be true at the same but it had such a chaotic energy that I assumed it would end with her ending it. When I put the radio on in the morning and I heard whoever say "We're waking to the newsDiana Princess of Wales has died" I assumed that was the case, I was surprised it was a car crash. Funny we had the same thought!

My MiL is like this. Mad Diana fan. Every time Charles or camilla is on the tv she launches into a tirade. It’s as if she’s been personally slighted by the old boy and his missus. Whenever I bring up how Diana ruined Julie Carlings life or how the queen should have let C&C marry in the 70s she explodes. Won’t have a word said about her saint Di. Madness. She’s a royalist but Charles is ‘not her king’. Calm down dear 😂😂
Just imagine how dull life would have been if Camilla and Charlie had got married and Lady Di married that rugby player. Mind you, Prince Andrew would still have been a kiddie fiddler who doesn’t sweat. But Harry and William wouldn’t exist so no Megan - what would people talk about? 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.