Things that you are sick of seeing on Social Media #14

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
‘Delete if not allowed’ on Facebook posts. Well yes I’m sure the moderator will delete if it’s not allowed. Without your permission 🤣
Yesterday a mod put on a group I’m in a rather blunt “read the pinned posts before posting” and though not everyone can see pinned posts, I can’t as my device is old, I popped that on thread to which they replied that wasn’t what they meant, they meant giving out wrong advice.

There were in the few minutes it got posted dozens of replies about this person being rude and needing to learn some manners or leave the group. Given they’re identified as mod after their name it was pretty clear they either were very busy so quick post or just hadn’t thought through how it might read. Looked just before coming here and it’s still going mad. I can’t understand why he hasn’t deleted it and reposted - much easier surely??

Yes me too! I think because the whole thing was really intense that year, i remember the photos on the yacht with Dodi and the papers going mad, that seem a greate extent she was courting it whilst also saying she was very vulnerable; the two things can be true at the same but it had such a chaotic energy that I assumed it would end with her ending it. When I put the radio on in the morning and I heard whoever say "We're waking to the newsDiana Princess of Wales has died" I assumed that was the case, I was surprised it was a car crash. Funny we had the same thought!
To be honest I’d forgotten all about that so yes that makes sense!

Reactions: 1
Bloody fb posts from Mother’s Day. How come in suddenly seeing them all? Also I post things on my timeline and I swear nobody sees it half the time! There’s so many ads!
I am so with you on that. I mentioned that to my hubby last night that my timeline was awash with Mothers Day posts. It was over a bloody week ago. Even when I popped into FB at lunchtime there are more 😩

Reactions: 8
Came to say the same thing about mothers day posts they've suddenly started popping up again the last few days 😒 I don't get it

This is one of the reasons I spend less and less time on FB, constantly seeing old posts from days and even weeks ago mixed in with lots of ads. I hate that FB algorithms assume what I want to see, especially when most of the time they get it wrong! Just show me things in the order they’re posted and I’ll do the filtering myself thanks.

Reactions: 23
I work with someone who detests Camilla. Honestly, you'd think it was her who Charles had cheated on.
I reckon Camilla would be a laugh down the pub. She seems very nervous when out and about as Queen, I reckon a large G&T and a ciggy and she would be brilliant.

Reactions: 12
Yes me too! I think because the whole thing was really intense that year, i remember the photos on the yacht with Dodi and the papers going mad, that seem a greate extent she was courting it whilst also saying she was very vulnerable; the two things can be true at the same but it had such a chaotic energy that I assumed it would end with her ending it. When I put the radio on in the morning and I heard whoever say "We're waking to the newsDiana Princess of Wales has died" I assumed that was the case, I was surprised it was a car crash. Funny we had the same thought!
There was definitely a manic edge to it all. The News of The World tv adverts pretty much calling her a bleep all that week, Diana allegedly flashing her tits at the paparazzi while on the yacht and Al Fayed stirring tit about her imminent marriage to Dodi.

A good friend of mine lived just up the road from Kensington Palace at the time. He said that the week before her funeral was scary as the mourners outside KP were stopping buses and trying to force the passengers to mourn with them or else.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
‘Delete if not allowed’ on Facebook posts. Well yes I’m sure the moderator will delete if it’s not allowed. Without your permission 🤣
I keep seeing this on groups where posts need to be approved

• Haha
Reactions: 4
There was definitely a manic edge to it all. The News of The World tv adverts pretty much calling her a bleep all that week, Diana allegedly flashing her tits at the paparazzi while on the yacht and Al Fayed stirring tit about her imminent marriage to Dodi.

A good friend of mine lived just up the road from Kensington Palace at the time. He said that the week before her funeral was scary as the mourners outside KP were stopping buses and trying to force the passengers to mourn with them or else.
Yes, the papers were full of the type of thing you say for a long time.

I had been out clubbing and popped into the garage for some goodies, all the first edition papers were there, she was front page in most of them and the normal slagging her off. By the time I went home, had a kip she was back to being the people's princess the queen of hearts and all that was holy. My neighbour showed me her paper and it was nothing like the first edition. From then on the media built up the mass hysteria and you see how they manipulated people.

Reactions: 5
Regarding the Diana stuff, I think it's true of "fandoms" everywhere. There are groups of people who become OBSESSED with someone / a group / a programme, whatever it may be, and it consumes their lives. They speak as if they know the person. As a late teen, I was a huge fan of a particular singer and made a couple of friends through going to his gigs etc. To us, it was just a lot fun, but some of the (much older) women that we would see "on the circuit" were completely obsessed. Sadly the singer, who hadn't done anything in the UK for about a decade, died a couple of years ago, and these women are STILL beside themselves, competitively posting in a Facebook fan group about how they bawl their eyes out every day etc.

Reactions: 10
Regarding the Diana stuff, I think it's true of "fandoms" everywhere. There are groups of people who become OBSESSED with someone / a group / a programme, whatever it may be, and it consumes their lives. They speak as if they know the person. As a late teen, I was a huge fan of a particular singer and made a couple of friends through going to his gigs etc. To us, it was just a lot fun, but some of the (much older) women that we would see "on the circuit" were completely obsessed. Sadly the singer, who hadn't done anything in the UK for about a decade, died a couple of years ago, and these women are STILL beside themselves, competitively posting in a Facebook fan group about how they bawl their eyes out every day etc.

Is it Darius?

• Sad
Reactions: 1
I keep seeing this on groups where posts need to be approved
There’s a local group I’m on and every month, the same poster posts an advert for a farmers market and prefaces it with ‘Mods please delete if not allowed’. FFS, don’t you think someone might have said something by now if you weren’t allowed to post the same thing every month?

• Haha
When you ask a company a question which doesn't require any personal information and they ask you to DM them. Information that I'm sure others will find useful.

Reactions: 15
Following on from the posts re Facebook timeline showing all Mother's Day posts over a week later, at lunch time today my timeline is full of Happy St Patrick's Day posts which was 3 days ago.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Yep! I’ve “fought” cancer and weirdly not a single share or like of posts like this supported me in any way!
Likewise - its going to end me and posts like that can be shoved firmly up the arses of those who post them

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
"Styling" like this. Are they taking the piss! Is there an influencer WhatsApp group where they discuss what absolute drivel they can get away with?

1710966570878.png

"Love this fit, gorgeous look, elegant, gorgeous" were all posted under this jeans and a white T reel. (For complete clarity, she did pop a creamy jumper on top...avant-garde!)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.