Things that make you jealous in a relationship

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My other one is weird. My family all think my husband is great, say he's such a nice guy. His family don't ever pay me the same compliment and it does make me jealous. It feeds my insecurity a bit because in lower moments I do think he could do better than me.
I have this, it's horrible! My family really welcomed him into the fold. He's not as close with his family as I am with mine, but still...all his mum ever does is make snide comments. She's said some really nasty things about me, too...she's such a drama queen. She didn't even send me a WhatsApp when we got engaged. Everything is all about her. It doesn't make me feel insecure, but it is upsetting - I'm jealous that he gets my amazing family and in return I'm getting a hellish MIL!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
I’m jealous that he can solve complex, difficult Maths problems (Chemical engineer) and I still use my fingers to count 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 12
When my partner and I visited the local parks in the summer I must admit to feeling a simmering jealousy when I noticed the way she looked at other women walking past or sunbathing in their shorts or bikinis.

It could have been perfectly innocent people-watching, but its funny how paranoia can suddenly overwhelm rational thinking.

Reactions: 6
I’m wouldn’t say I was “jealous” in a negative way in my marriage. However he is fairy popular where we live as there is a big Irish scene and he runs a hurling club. I’m not Irish so sometimes I feel like the alien of the group 😂. He’s a very natural people person whereas it generally takes me more time to warm to people.

I wish I could eat like him and have his stamina and fitness levels though! He’s built like a brick shithouse and I just have to so much as smell food and gain weight!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I have this, it's horrible! My family really welcomed him into the fold. He's not as close with his family as I am with mine, but still...all his mum ever does is make snide comments. She's said some really nasty things about me, too...she's such a drama queen. She didn't even send me a WhatsApp when we got engaged. Everything is all about her. It doesn't make me feel insecure, but it is upsetting - I'm jealous that he gets my amazing family and in return I'm getting a hellish MIL!
Wow that sounds terrible, so sorry because I know how that feels! Except it was my exes grandmother. It’s really soul crushing

• Heart
I don’t really get jealous of other girls to be honest. I get more jealous at the attention he gives his Xbox and mates. He’s not the type to go on nights out and talk to girls anyway so he doesn’t really meet any except for my friends and his mate’s girlfriends 🤷‍♀️ Maybe I’m jinxing it and he’s having an illicit affair as we speak😂

Reactions: 2
I don’t really get jealous of other girls to be honest. I get more jealous at the attention he gives his Xbox and mates. He’s not the type to go on nights out and talk to girls anyway so he doesn’t really meet any except for my friends and his mate’s girlfriends 🤷‍♀️ Maybe I’m jinxing it and he’s having an illicit affair as we speak😂
I get a bit annoyed when my boyfriend plays PlayStation for ages, when he’s bought a new game I know it means less attention for me

• Haha
I don't get jealous of things like girls or whatever, I trust my husband completely and have no reason to ever suspect cheating.

What I do get jealous of is how good he is at everything and how he never gets stressed! He pretty much breezes through life, does well, never has a meltdown and knows exactly what he wants in life. I'm the exact opposite 😭

Oh and the food thing definitely. If he's had a treat and not got me one I will definitely go off in a jealous sulk for a good while lol.

Honestly couldn’t give a tit who he follows on social media or who he speaks to, he lives with me at the end of the day! Doors there if he wants to leave.

What I am jealous of is the fact he falls asleep within 5 minutes of his head hitting the pillow! Does he not have thoughts?!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
This thread has helped put things into perspective for me. I have suffered terribly with jealousy in the past even though I have had no reason to suspect cheating or foul play etc. But I would constantly stalk who he followed on insta (I know that's not good either) and really obsess over it

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I feel for you both here! As I’m in a similar situation. To be honest my partners Mum and Dad seem to really like me, but his Grandma just doesn’t seem like she does at all! I honestly don’t know what I’ve done! Yet she seems to adore his ex- yet his ex lives thousands of miles away in South America! His family never even met her, and he only saw her 3 times himself over the space of 3 years! 🙈🙈 Yet his nan and grandad stay connected to her by Facebook, sending her messages and shower her with adoring comments on how beautiful she is! 😳😳.She’s absolutely stunning and I just wonder if they like her more because of this as Iv never given any reason for them not to like me! But when I met them they just ignored me, never ask after me or add me on the Christmas card even though we live together. I find it really odd and I wish I could change their opinion of me but they never give me a chance.

Yet my family are so different and welcomed my partner with open arms and are so warm and welcoming. I totally get how you both feel and how it makes you kinda jealous! Much love xx

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
This thread has helped put things into perspective for me. I have suffered terribly with jealousy in the past even though I have had no reason to suspect cheating or foul play etc. But I would constantly stalk who he followed on insta (I know that's not good either) and really obsess over it
Me too, I made this thread while I was in a rage and in tears, I felt so overcome with jealousy, i did the exact thing you mentioned! I got jealous over a girl on his following and couldn’t stop obsessing over it. I think it stems from a place of insecurity, as when we are secure and know our worth we’ll know that even if our partners DO cheat, they’ll be shooting themselves in the foot and it’ll be their loss

I feel for you both here! As I’m in a similar situation. To be honest my partners Mum and Dad seem to really like me, but his Grandma just doesn’t seem like she does at all! I honestly don’t know what I’ve done! Yet she seems to adore his ex- yet his ex lives thousands of miles away in South America! His family never even met her, and he only saw her 3 times himself over the space of 3 years! 🙈🙈 Yet his nan and grandad stay connected to her by Facebook, sending her messages and shower her with adoring comments on how beautiful she is! 😳😳.She’s absolutely stunning and I just wonder if they like her more because of this as Iv never given any reason for them not to like me! But when I met them they just ignored me, never ask after me or add me on the Christmas card even though we live together. I find it really odd and I wish I could change their opinion of me but they never give me a chance.

Yet my family are so different and welcomed my partner with open arms and are so warm and welcoming. I totally get how you both feel and how it makes you kinda jealous! Much love xx
That is so so terrible, I’m so sorry you have to go through with that it must be very upsetting, sometimes people can be so downright out of order

• Heart
Me too, I made this thread while I was in a rage and in tears, I felt so overcome with jealousy, i did the exact thing you mentioned! I got jealous over a girl on his following and couldn’t stop obsessing over it. I think it stems from a place of insecurity, as when we are secure and know our worth we’ll know that even if our partners DO cheat, they’ll be shooting themselves in the foot and it’ll be their loss

That is so so terrible, I’m so sorry you have to go through with that it must be very upsetting, sometimes people can be so downright out of order
Have you ever spoken to him about it? It’s difficult when all your emotions are stuck inside you, it eats away at you. I’ve struggled with really destructive jealousy in the past and it’s such a harmful emotion to yourself as well as your partner

• Heart
Have you ever spoken to him about it? It’s difficult when all your emotions are stuck inside you, it eats away at you. I’ve struggled with really destructive jealousy in the past and it’s such a harmful emotion to yourself as well as your partner
Yes I spoke to him about it yesterday and I had quite an explosive episode too, I deleted him on everything and deleted his number and he contacted me and told me I was being ridiculous, which I know I really was. I honestly wonder “why does he still like me, I’m crazy!” 😭😭

• Heart
Yes I spoke to him about it yesterday and I had quite an explosive episode too, I deleted him on everything and deleted his number and he contacted me and told me I was being ridiculous, which I know I really was. I honestly wonder “why does he still like me, I’m crazy!” 😭😭
Don’t worry, we’ve all been there! I used to get really jealous about a female housemate my bf used to have in uni, she used to do things on purpose, like try and get other girls to kiss him, invite him to her bedroom to sleep over etc. But it’s all about how your partner reacts, it’s how he handles these situations and shuts them down, that really matters. Me and my boyfriend just have a good laugh about her now 😂

It’s good your partner contacted you though, even after you deleted him, it shows even when you’re crazy, he still cares about you 🥰

• Heart

I have a similar kind of thing with my in laws, very long story but I’ve always felt like they preferred his ex who was still hanging around like a bad smell over a year into our relationship. Caused all sorts of problems, did you do a post about it? I feel like I read something like that on here but I didn’t comment. I know how you feel!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
I am jealous of food. If he goes to lunch during work and eats somewhere I really like.

Not worried about other women. First of all, he is so shy that there is no way he would make the first move. And second, he likes being married. He is very plain and likes his life. He is not one for adventure and really does not like change.

I do get very smug when my youngest tells me that he loves me way more than Daddy :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
I have a similar kind of thing with my in laws, very long story but I’ve always felt like they preferred his ex who was still hanging around like a bad smell over a year into our relationship. Caused all sorts of problems, did you do a post about it? I feel like I read something like that on here but I didn’t comment. I know how you feel!
Yes I started a thread about it because I didn’t know what to do to make his nan like me! Or if I was being ridiculous about it. But I have tried with her, she just seems so set on not liking me or wanting to get to know me!
You would think she just wanted her grandson to be happy, but obv she thinks his ex is this amazing beauty and the better option. 🤷🏼‍♀️
Yes it’s so strange how in laws can be like this? And that they continue to not budge. I mean who is it benefiting?! I do sympathise with you hun because it’s a horrible feeling.
I wouldn’t mind so much if they had a real reason to not like me!

• Heart
Yes I started a thread about it because I didn’t know what to do to make his nan like me! Or if I was being ridiculous about it. But I have tried with her, she just seems so set on not liking me or wanting to get to know me!
You would think she just wanted her grandson to be happy, but obv she thinks his ex is this amazing beauty and the better option. 🤷🏼‍♀️
Yes it’s so strange how in laws can be like this? And that they continue to not budge. I mean who is it benefiting?! I do sympathise with you hun because it’s a horrible feeling.
I wouldn’t mind so much if they had a real reason to not like me!
I can totally understand your frustrations. I still struggle with it and it’s still an issue with me in a big way. Hope it improves for us both somehow!

• Heart
I've also said in another thread about jealousy regarding my first husband, that after years and years it dawned on me why I used to come off purposely as horrid and has taken me alot to accept - I only accepted this recently as at a point in my life where I was mentally incapable of being emotionally present and his parents took on my children. All of my children. Including my son I had from a later relationship and after me not talking to them for 8 years. Not even my nearest and dearest did that, so the whole situation made me look inwards at myself. We were only teens when we met and my family are a total contrast of his family. Mine are broken, aloof, dramatic and I will go as far to say some of my family members spiteful. His are warm, close, loving, tight knit, had banter, a lovely open, home, they always had friends or relatives over for a brew or a drink. I was jealous and quite nasty about it. I was so frustrated my family wasnt like theirs! Shameful to admit I sometimes took it out on my 1st husband.

My current partner isn't from a close knit family, they're a carbon copy of mine infact. But I do get jealous my partner can just walk 10 minutes down the road to see his family. While I have to make a 5-6 hour trip and an overnight stay to see mine.