Things that frightened you as a child

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

The 90s Crime Stoppers used to make me cry because I was scared of the music and I genuinely thought the woman talking on the phone was Daisy Dares You from Zzzap! (who I was also frightened of!)

The music still makes me anxious 20+ years later 😅

Reactions: 5
I was scared of Warwick Davies in Willow! No idea why.. i think it must have been the first time I ever saw a little person and for some reason it frightened me! Maybe I was onto something as he lives local and I know a couple of people who've had encounters with him and both say he's not a nice person at all..

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Does anyone remember 'Around the world with Willy Fogg'? The 'baddie' was called Transfer and he used to absolutely scare me shitless.

Transfer.jpg

Reactions: 8
Atmosphere game! I had two older sisters that used to play it and it used to scare the crap out of me!!

Reactions: 6
The Tiger Who Came to Tea..don’t ask me why...just no 😰😭

I was scared of Warwick Davies in Willow! No idea why.. i think it must have been the first time I ever saw a little person and for some reason it frightened me! Maybe I was onto something as he lives local and I know a couple of people who've had encounters with him and both say he's not a nice person at all..
He doesn’t come across very well on Tenable I have to say 🧐

Reactions: 1
tit. Same.

The Cyber Men ('80s version). I thought they were called Simon Men. There was a scene where one punched through a sofa (I think). I hated sofas for AN AGE hahaha

The theme tune to Casulty :LOL:
Also, the same.

Kate Bush videos (idk lmao) they were always so misty and odd and when my mum was young they looked near identical, it freaked me out.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
I was scared the look in the mirror at night after watching Bloody Mary...

I also had an irrational fear that someone would climb through my bedroom window to kidnap me during the night.

Hearing noises during the night and being petrified it could be a ghost/serial killer.

The idea of being followed to/from school by men driving a white van or a black car. So many kids at my school actually experienced this!

Reactions: 4

I also had an irrational fear that someone would climb through my bedroom window to kidnap me during the night.

Hearing noises during the night and being petrified it could be a ghost/serial killer.

The idea of being followed to/from school by men driving a white van or a black car. So many kids at my school actually experienced this!
Bloody Mary still terrifies me and I’m 28 now 😭😂 there’s something about a mirror at night time. To this day I won’t have one in my bedroom 😂😂

Reactions: 7
The TV show Strange But True (in the U.K.) not sure if anyone remembers it but it was mid 90s and on a Friday night about ghost stories. I wasn’t allowed to watch it by my mum but my dad used to let me, I still remember some of the stories now.
i used to love strange but true! Had totally forgotten about it!

I was, and still am, scared of "face at the window". Like looking out a dark window and seeing someone looking back. Still terrifies me now, and I hate going downstairs after my husband is in bed as we don’t have a curtain over our totally glass back door, which you can see from the hall. Terrifying. This episode of Criminal minds about did me in when I saw it. Still scares the crap out of me after seeing it a billion times (right at the end of the clip)

Last edited:
Punks,
another one for the wheelies!
lofts (ours always seemed super dark, super cold and super bleak),
this is in no way a race thing- I was super scared of Asian people for a LONG, long time because of my butcher of a dentist (drilling with no anaesthetic and all sorts 😬😬🤨),

Dogs.When I was wee girl a dog nipped my ankle .Couple moved into our street with a lovely big cuddly dog it helped break my fear .I ended up dog sitting her when they went on holiday .I adore dogs now .Still hate clowns !

same here..i also hate clowns.
I put mine down to some awful fisher price jack in a box that i was bought as a child. it was truely the stuff of nightmares ! 😱
i really wonder what was going through the designers head hell and why they thought this would be a great toy for a toddler !!
you might not wanna look @Holly Golightly
I hated those jack in a boxes - my finger got caught in one at a friend's house when I was 3!

Am 31 and still scared of all of those things 😂

• Haha
The Loch Ness Monster... even now doctored images of it terrified me.

Me and friends would sometimes watch underwater webcams and omg they scared me too.

Reactions: 2