Things that frightened you as a child

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The ITV National Weather segments from the 90’s could be truly terrifying at times. How scary they were depended on the weather for the week.

Windy hat man was not so scary and actually very handsome, but the other two were terrifying.

The frost one was very rare and I never recall seeing him before 10pm at night. I’ll never forget the night he appeared after the news at ten and I jumped out of my bed and ran down to tell my parents.

I can just about remember these as I'm in my 20s, I remember the frosty fella's face and the powergen logo.

I'm howling at "windy hat man" 😂😂😂😂

Why did the 90s/early 00s try to be mystical and gothy so much?

Reactions: 4
This scene

Plus the monster in the closet in ghost busters, and Dr Doom scene in Roger Rabbit.

I also was terrified of the thin man who was in one of those educational programmes you'd watch at school. My mum had to go in and tell them I was not to watch it anymore.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I had a really irrational fear of mirrors & even had a way of shimmying past all the mirrors in the house without being reflected in them 😂

I was terrified that the reflection would do something that I didn’t. Not sure that Bloody Mary or goosebumps on citv helped lol

• Haha
I had a really irrational fear of mirrors & even had a way of shimmying past all the mirrors in the house without being reflected in them 😂

I was terrified that the reflection would do something that I didn’t. Not sure that Bloody Mary or goosebumps on citv helped lol
I still don’t have a mirror in my bedroom as I am irrationally scared of seeing a ghost reflected in it 😂😂

Reactions: 11
Crime Watch! After watching people get burgled, raped, strangled, car jacked, kidnapped they chime in with - don't have nightmares 🤣🥴😳 the ones in the 90s were the worst I swear!

Also the program 999 rescue (I think it was called) with Michael Burke used to scare me to death.

The animated cartoon Animal Farm

Brothers Grimm fairy stories! I must dig them out for my youngest ready to frighten him to death too 🤣🤣

The storyline in prisoner cell block H where they got trapped underground gave me sweaty palms and nightmares. I shouldn't have been watching it at that time of night but my nana used to let me😄

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I wasn’t exactly scared of it, but there was a do not play with matches advert that left me feeling very downbeat afterwards as a child. The cartoon ant or alien found some matches and managed to set his kingdom on fire and just about everyone died.

A very somber advert.

I was terrified of the film jaws and particularly the music as he got closer to eating people 🤭
Stairs with gaps in the back of them 🤣

Good lord. She was so scary. And that bit on Charlie and the chocolate factory when it went all weird with the oompa loompas on the boat.

And the deamon head master on BBC 😱
Gene Wilder in the original was so so scary! 😳 agree with Demon Head Master too.

Reactions: 1
London’s Burning. I’ve always had a massive phobia of being trapped in a fire, so as you can imagine that scared the tit out of me.

Reactions: 2
The Demon Headmaster.

This scene

I also was terrified of the thin man who was in one of those educational programmes you'd watch at school. My mum had to go in and tell them I was not to watch it anymore.
Just watched that clip. bleeping terrifying! Why would they show that to kids?!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I still don’t have a mirror in my bedroom as I am irrationally scared of seeing a ghost reflected in it 😂😂
Oooooh no 😱 or a vampire that’s in the room but not reflected! Eeek I think bedroom mirrors are meant to be bad feng shui anyway? 😂

I won't tell you of my experience when I was 16 one Christmas eve then 😵🤪👻🤣
Oh no way 🙈 my sister’s had a really frightening experience with a mirror too & it sounds like it might be similar to yours 😳

China clown dolls. My Gran used to bring me them all the time when I was little thinking I would love them, but I couldn’t sleep because I was terrified of them and actually believed they came to life at night. My mum ended up giving them away.

Oooooh no 😱 or a vampire that’s in the room but not reflected! Eeek I think bedroom mirrors are meant to be bad feng shui anyway? 😂

Oh no way 🙈 my sister’s had a really frightening experience with a mirror too & it sounds like it might be similar to yours 😳
I don't even believe strongly in ghosts but that one shook me. I still say it was a trick of my mind but it didn't half feel real 😳🤣

Reactions: 2