Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

FunkyMonkey

Chatty Member
Walking over bridges stays with me to this day, I get scared my legs will go maverick and walk off the bridge.

• Haha
Reactions: 9

Irrch

Chatty Member
Animal farm

and the scene from (roald Dahl) the witches where they take their wigs and masks off.

• Wow
Reactions: 8

SpookyLumberjack

VIP Member
SHIT. Same.

The Cyber Men ('80s version). I thought they were called Simon Men. There was a scene where one punched through a sofa (I think). I hated sofas for AN AGE hahaha

The theme tune to Casulty :LOL:
Also, the same.

Kate Bush videos (idk lmao) they were always so misty and odd and when my mum was young they looked near identical, it freaked me out.

Last edited:
  • Haha

navybluewolf

Chatty Member
There were so many things that scared me as a child. I was a complete scaredy cat. Probably the weirdest one was sunflowers. I remember running past a house on the corner of our road literally screaming because I thought the sunflowers were going to get me.

• Haha
I had a really irrational fear of mirrors & even had a way of shimmying past all the mirrors in the house without being reflected in them 😂

I was terrified that the reflection would do something that I didn’t. Not sure that Bloody Mary or goosebumps on citv helped lol

• Haha

SarcasticEllis

VIP Member
I hated the British transport police public info film where the kids were playing on the train tracks and the boy gets his legs taken off - our school was v close to the railway station so every year we’d get that and I swear it was worse every year! I follow ‘scarred for life’ on twitter which is all about these old films etc.

I was also frightened of sirens and would get v anxious hearing them, I’d be convinced they belonged to a fire engine and our house was on fire.

As an adult I still can’t look properly at pics of Regan from the exorcist - horrible!!

totallytaz

Chatty Member
I wasn’t exactly scared of it, but there was a do not play with matches advert that left me feeling very downbeat afterwards as a child. The cartoon ant or alien found some matches and managed to set his kingdom on fire and just about everyone died.

A very somber advert.

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
Does anyone remember 'Around the world with Willy Fogg'? The 'baddie' was called Transfer and he used to absolutely scare me shitless.

Transfer.jpg

wotdidijustwatch

VIP Member
Not being able to touch the bottom of the swimming pool with my feet. Probably why I can't swim properly as was always scared of not being able to touch the floor of the pool. It makes me feel odd just thinking of it.

We had a porcelain doll I hated. Looking back I’ve no idea why I didn’t just tell my mum, because she would’ve moved it
My older sister used to collect clown dolls with soft bodies and pot faces. When she moved out she gave them to me as I liked them. My dad put a shelf up and I displayed them. Didn't bother me but my friend was freaked out by them and I had to either move them or cover them if she came over. She reckoned they were watching her and plotting her demise 😅 i just remembered as she has just sent me a photo on whatsapp of us dicking around in my room and the clowns coveree up in the background. She captioned it "them fucking clown dolls you had, wanted to burn them all!"

• Haha
Wtf are the wheelers? They’re terrifying!
safety videos like the pylon boy were terrifying. There were also ones were boys drowned in a quarry, in slurry, in a canal etc.

but now I’m an adult I don’t even understand the pylon one- they’re not live, are they?

Gossgirl

I was terrified of the film jaws and particularly the music as he got closer to eating people 🤭
Stairs with gaps in the back of them 🤣

totallytaz

Chatty Member
There were so many things that scared me as a child. I was a complete scaredy cat. Probably the weirdest one was sunflowers. I remember running past a house on the corner of our road literally screaming because I thought the sunflowers were going to get me.
I laughed out loud at that.

• Haha

Heyguysswipeup

VIP Member
I was a crazy child. I found it really difficult to differentiate reality from fiction so I wasn’t really allowed to watch cartoons if they were creepy. I had to go to a psychologist and everything!

- michael Jackson - I thought he was hiding in my wardrobe.. I was so happy when he died 😂
- The theme tune to the X Files
- does anyone remember the Guinness book of records? And they had the 2 hairy brothers who had hair all over their body? That terrified me, I remember drawing them when I had to go see a psychiatrist 😂
- my parents watched a documentary on the Cleveland shooting which the song ‘I don’t like Monday’s’ is based on, I couldn’t listen to that song for years without crying and being freaked out

I’m so glad I grew out of those fears

• Haha

Platypusfattypus

VIP Member
This scene

Plus the monster in the closet in ghost busters, and Dr Doom scene in Roger Rabbit.

I also was terrified of the thin man who was in one of those educational programmes you'd watch at school. My mum had to go in and tell them I was not to watch it anymore.

• Heart