Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

grumpycat

VIP Member
View attachment 192558
I couldn’t agree more.

Quite a few things jump out in the Tomb Raider II video game but this butler who follows you everywhere was horrid.

It was such a relief when a friend showed me how to lock him in the freezer.
the rattling tray and the groan😩😩😩I used to run as far as I could around the mansion to get away and then he’d appear around the flipping corner

also that simpsons Halloween episode with the gremlin ripping the side of bus and no one believes Bart freaked me right out for a bit 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6

Trolleydollycoffeelover

Atmosphere game! I had two older sisters that used to play it and it used to scare the crap out of me!!
OMG someone else who remembers that game! The gatekeeper 😂 Xmas 1992/3 memories.My memories of that are him saying ‘bring me the old one’ and the oldest person playing had to come close to the TV screen and the gatekeeper’s face would decompose or something

• Heart

Trolleydollycoffeelover

That programme was probably my first taste of horror as a youngster, along with those cheesy Point Horror books. I loved it.
Point Horrors were addictive. Do you remember the one called Trick or Treat about someone moving to a new house and there was a tunnel in it or something, they thought it was a ghost but was some psycho from their school tormenting them. Also The Accident with someone dying in a boating lake and she came back from the dead trying to drown this girl

• Heart

totallytaz

Chatty Member
Wtf are the wheelers? They’re terrifying!
safety videos like the pylon boy were terrifying. There were also ones were boys drowned in a quarry, in slurry, in a canal etc.

but now I’m an adult I don’t even understand the pylon one- they’re not live, are they?
I’m sure there’s one where some kids where throwing around a girls doll and it landed on top and an electric box. I’m sure one of the kids went to get it and was electrocuted. I could then never understand why some of my peers would climb into the barricaded electric box thingy, but they were never harmed.

Not as a child but .. I watched an episode of Crimewatch ... the reconstructions are too real... one episode there was a young girl walking and talking to her boyfriend on her mobile.... and she was pulled into an alley and raped and it was a terrifying recon of the event, I was terrified. Poor boyfriend on the other end of the phone trying to get to her. 😢 Same episode they did another reconstruction about an elderly lady burnt to death in her bed in a care home. Again.... fucking terrifying !! Haven’t been able to watch since.

• Sad

openbook1

VIP Member
I used to be scared of the microwave 🤦🏼‍♀️ No idea why but my Nan and mum used to have to hide theirs with tea towels 😂
hahaahha.

There was a shoe shop in our town that we went to when I was a kid, the owner was an older gentleman. Well, apparently for some reason I was terrified of him and he would hide in the back of the shop when I went there as otherwise I would be hysterically crying. Poor man. LOL.

• Haha

Summerdaysx

Atmosphere game! I had two older sisters that used to play it and it used to scare the crap out of me!!

Carmen 6

VIP Member
Chimneys. I always figured that if Father Christmas could come down them....anything could.
😱

Nosey Moo

Chatty Member
Oh and the jeepers creepers man. Still to this day I hate driving at night just incase he ends up on top of the car 🙈

I'm a 42 year old man with a black belt in tae kwon do.
I go weightlifting at the gym and have a house/job (grown up shit, you know).

Remember the cartoon Captain Caveman?

There is an episode set in a film studio with a "masked phantom" which TERRIFIED me as a child- I remember hiding behind a chair trying to watch it (even though I was a huuge Scooby Doo fan and had no issues with that cartoon).
"MP" wasn't even scare, just a guy in a mask and coat.

Managed to find the video on YT a couple of years ago. Thought fuck it- I'm old enough to watch it.
Stopped the video after 20 seconds as I was still too scared to watch the thing. I was about 40 at the time.

These things stay with you!!!

(Also Ghostwatch on BBC1 shared me SHITLESS as a young teenager!)

• Haha

Notredamn

VIP Member
I might be making this up or reliving a nightmare but I'm sure there was an advert warning women to be careful when ironing 🤣 and at the end was a closeup of a 'dead' doll on the floor with a singed, bashed-in head 😱

An episode of a long lost CITV British mini-series, titled The Frighteners. The episode was set in Victorian times I believe and centered on a little girl finding fairies at the bottom of her garden. Gradually, the fairies turned evil and the episode ended with the fairy's distorted face superimposed onto the mother (I think!) laughing maniacally. This episode aired in 1997. To this day, I have never been able to find it again, at the time I remember being extremely freaked out!!

The Witches film based on Roald Dahl's novel. We ended up watching it in primary school around Christmas time, where we watched videos as a treat before end of term. It freaked so many kids out, parents complained and it resulted in us being unable to watch PG rated films without parental consent from then on. I was terrified by the witch trying to coax the boy down from the tree house and of course all the scenes involving The Grand High Witch.

I remember seeing the scene from GHOSTWATCH out of context where the possessed voice was coming out of the girl's mouth. I watched it in full years later and it was truly a groundbreaking piece of television. It is understandable why it created so much hysteria at the time.

Lastly, I recall being freaked out by a music video which to this day I have been unable to identify. It was late at night and I think my family had VH1 on the TV. The music video featured a female singer, it was quite a psychedelic video, the song was upbeat. I remember close ups of the singer, she'd do something freaky with her eyes as if she was staring into the TV, then it would freeze frame. I may have confused it with "Groove is in the Heart" but from memory the singer looked different. She was brunette with a bob haircut. I'm guessing the video would have been 80's or early 90's.
Was it 'stay' by Shakespears sister? It messed me up as a youngster 😂 not helped by mum who said 'that's what the devil looks like' wtf mum

Last edited:
  • Wow

Katleesi

VIP Member
The Wizard of Oz 2: Return to Oz - the whole of that film is terrifying. Heads on the wall, the wheeler things, etc 😩😩

• Heart