Things in life that have just quietly disappeared

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Having an actual film developed and collecting your photos a week later from snappy snaps or Superdrug having no idea what the pictures would actually look like?
And trying to take the last few photos just to 'finish off the film'. My husband used to just point it at the floor and snap away the last 2 or 3.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
not sure if it's a northern thing but our primary school in the 90s used to make this apple cornflake thing for dessert - it was liked big bits of stewed apple with really sugary cornflakes on top - as Nessa would say , it's immense ! πŸ˜„
anyone else remember?

Monster Munch that turned your tongue blue
Solero/Calippo Shots
Tammy Girl / La Senza Girl / Tiny Image
Harry Potter Electronic Book of Spells (there was a similar Goosebumps book, too)
Sylvanian Families
TY Beanie Babies when they didn't have the huge eyes... also when McDonald's included mini ones in their Happy Meals. I remember Silver the cat. I also liked the Beanie Boppers.
River Island sold a dark green, sequinned slouch bag which was a trend at secondary school, around 2008/2009. The sequins used to snag my tights.
Girls using a Little Brown Bag / Medium Brown Bag from Bloomingdale's(?) as P.E bags
Crayola Stamps
Those cute little felt animal keyrings from Claire's
Jane Norman or Morgan De Toi in our school - gosh that takes me back !:oops:

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I dono if these have been mentioned yet but:

jelly and ice cream panda pops
β€˜Men overheard’ in More magazine
And CD:UK with ant and dec and cat deeley

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Al

Home farm twins on CBBC

The candle Christmas decorations that everyone had up their windows

The Millennium dome

Beehive bedlam on sky

Reactions: 11
Children playing outside instead of glued to an ipad/phone/xbox/computer.
I used to be out all the time as a kid on my bike, playing baseball, making dens.

I never liked Noel's house party. What about you bet and heartbeat on a Sunday evening.
And where the heart is

Reactions: 3
Do you by any chance remember Snobs in Birmingham?
Oh god yes ... I was a John bright street girl..😁

Not a question posed to me but I do! 50p shots/3 for Β£1 - those were the days! πŸ˜‚ I know it moved, wonder if it's still open. You must know of Mr Egg too then..!
Yes to Mr egg .. John Bright Street . Snobs . Broad Street before it became trashy and Hurst street because it was lush . There was a place on Gas Street & a greasy burger van at the bottom of the steps ... Arthur's bar I think ..

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Oh god yes ... I was a John bright street girl..😁

Yes to Mr egg .. John Bright Street . Snobs . Broad Street before it became trashy and Hurst street because it was lush . There was a place on Gas Street & a greasy burger van at the bottom of the steps ... Arthur's bar I think ..
Oo I'm not familiar with Arthur's van - probably might be if I saw it. We used to do Snobs, Ramshackle, The Works and there was a club who used to play Livin' on a Prayer as it's closing song - Rizzo or something? The Gale was my other hot spot. Oh those were the days!

• Heart
OMG The Thorn Birds......Richard Chamberlain! 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍
My mum and sister were obsessed with him, I watched it with them but couldn’t see the fascination with him. Loved the story of it though. My sister was so heartbroken when she found out he was gay πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Al

Home farm twins on CBBC

The candle Christmas decorations that everyone had up their windows

The Millennium dome

Beehive bedlam on sky
OMG the Home Farm Twins loved it. :giggle:

Children playing outside instead of glued to an ipad/phone/xbox/computer.
I used to be out all the time as a kid on my bike, playing baseball, making dens.

And where the heart is
Where the heart is was on the Drama channel the other week. Another one I used to love was 2 point 4 children.

Loved Down to Earth, wasn’t it set in Devon?
Yes it was. ahh dramas now arnt like they used to be.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
My mum and sister were obsessed with him, I watched it with them but couldn’t see the fascination with him. Loved the story of it though. My sister was so heartbroken when she found out he was gay πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
I read the book about 100 times. Was totally obsessed. Geez the acting was dreadful though! I was also devastated when I found out he was gay and then just sad that he’d had to keep his partner a secret for 30 years!! He’s still beautiful though πŸ₯°

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.