Things in life that have just quietly disappeared

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Footballers wives the series
YES! Oh Chardonnay and Tanya! And Tanya rocked up in Bad Girls. I remember my friend telling me about that and she was easily confused and ditzy (she was surprised they had McDonalds in Canada...) so thought she mixed up stories. I was astonished when it turned out to be true ๐Ÿ˜‚

Reactions: 4
VHS/video!!! I vividly remember Dad getting me videos as a kid, videos of films fallen off the back of a Chinese lorry no doubt and cartoons, and ruining them by pulling the black tape out (oh my parents loved me) - but then I also had DVDs! Harry Potter, Kipper the Dog...
I remember getting our first DVD player!

Watching Dynesty then going out shopping to get silky blouses with shoulder pads ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ

Reactions: 2
I think this is my favourite thread! So many memories.

Can anybody remember these fizzy drinks that came in a clear can with little orange jelly balls floating around?? To be fair could of been our shop, right dodgite place! Sold single fags to all the kids for 25p ๐Ÿ˜…

Cotton candy that turned into bubble gum
Cheese snaps ๐Ÿ’”
Ending any notes to friends or love notes with โ€˜IDSTโ€™ (if destroyed still true)
Tazoโ€™s...with all the Warner bros characters on.
Jelly shoes & the blisters that came with them!
All the girls wore the same black school trousers, tighter the better up top but flared. They were basically made of elastic and would bobble on the bum โ€˜bum fluffโ€™ so youโ€™d have to singe it off with a lighter.
Those trousers!! Everyone at school used to say it looked like pubes when the elastic started to come out ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
And if they got wet in the rain the flared bit would expand like hell!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Satellite TV! With the huge white dish! I was the envy of all my mates as we were the first to get it ๐Ÿ˜‚

Reactions: 1
I remember our first Video from Radio Rentals, going into friends houses and there parents having the leather belts hanging on the wall with brass on them, or even worse swords hanging on the walls in some velvet and letโ€™s not forgot the shire horses xx

• Haha
Reactions: 5
YES!! don't know why but that reminds me of Cutting It with Sarah Parish and Amanda Holden. And, randomly, Bad Girls - which I own and sometimes binge watch ๐Ÿ˜‚

@Birdistheword reminded me of Bamboozle on Teletext!

I love this thread
:LOL:Loved Cutting It and Bad Girls. what about Down to Earth with Pauline Quirke?

Reactions: 4
My niece is 17 now, but when she was about 5 she was in my house one day and asked me what the 'thing' on the shelf underneath the TV was. I told her it was the Sky box and she said no, the 'other' thing.

Me: Oh that's the video
Her: What's a video?

If I ever felt old that was it and I was only in my late twenties at the time!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
:LOL:Loved Cutting It and Bad Girls. what about Down to Earth with Pauline Quirke?
Hmm don't remember Down to Earth but I did like a bit of Pauline Quirk so I'm surprised...

Anyone remember Kiss Me Kate with Caroline Quinton?

Reactions: 1
More magazine I used to love it and then it just went, never to be seen again.

Reactions: 3
Having an actual film developed and collecting your photos a week later from snappy snaps or Superdrug having no idea what the pictures would actually look like?

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.