Things in life that have just quietly disappeared

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Queens Nose (TV programme) - pretty sure no one else has ever seen this! πŸ˜‚πŸ™ˆ
Snow Flakes (white chocolate flakes)
Salt and Vinegar Discos

❀❀❀

Apart from the β€œnudge” button that used to shake the whole screen! So annoying πŸ˜‚
I watched The queens nose πŸ™ŒπŸ»

Reactions: 4
I was trying to remember what those trousers were called πŸ˜‚ anyone remember wearing drainpipe jeans and leg warmers, mind you I was a teenager in the 80s
When Snickers were called Marathons
Space raider crisps
Wham Bars
Sons and Daughters
Danger Mouse
I was a teenager then too! πŸ™‹πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ Hi! Ahhh leg warmers. And pixie boots?
I loved Rent a Ghost on TV - anyone remember that?

Reactions: 7
Absolutely loving this thread! Bought back so many great memories! Especially finding a toy in your cereal, completely forgot about that and gave me so much happiness like I was 8 years old again 🀣
To add a few:
Tamagotchis
Furbies
McDonald's having the Ronald McDonald foundation donation box where a coin would whirl around for the whole time it took for them to cook your Β£1.99 happy meal
Petrol being less than Β£1 a litre
Teletext so grandad could check his lottery numbers or the football scores
Yellow pages
Goosebumps
Rosie and Jim
Cassettes
CD singles
The Walkman - that would always skip a bit of the song if you walked too fast and heaven forbid trying to run with it
The foil Christmas chain decorations that your mum would use a drawing pin to stick to the ceiling
Playing "kerbie" in the streets and seeing other kids playing out in general
Being able to leave your push bike out in the driveway whilst you went inside to have your lunch and it wouldn't have been stolen!
Sunny D
School sponge cake (the one with all the multi coloured sprinkles on the top)
Supermarkets leaving their old cardboard boxes out for customer's to pack their shopping in to
The weird goo alien toys that would "make babies" if you put them back to back in the fridge 🀣
The millennial coin collections they done in Sainsburys (I think)
The battery hair braid thing that would tangle your hair into the biggest knot and rip most of it out
"Scoobys" the plastic string things you could plait together and make key rings out of
Push pops
Blow pens
Penny sweets
McDonalds birthday parties
And a ps2 that could play new games and all the original ps1 games as they were transferable without having to buy a whole new console (like you do now!) And the memory sticks that would sometimes not save your game or would be "full" and you'd have to play roulette deleting another save game which you hope wasn't the one with your best score 🀣

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I was trying to remember what those trousers were called πŸ˜‚ anyone remember wearing drainpipe jeans and leg warmers, mind you I was a teenager in the 80s
When Snickers were called Marathons
Space raider crisps
Wham Bars
Sons and Daughters
Danger Mouse
Oh god I loved wham bars!

Reactions: 2
Absolutely loving this thread! Bought back so many great memories! Especially finding a toy in your cereal, completely forgot about that and gave me so much happiness like I was 8 years old again 🀣
To add a few:
Tamagotchis
Furbies
McDonald's having the Ronald McDonald foundation donation box where a coin would whirl around for the whole time it took for them to cook your Β£1.99 happy meal
Petrol being less than Β£1 a litre
Teletext so grandad could check his lottery numbers or the football scores
Yellow pages
Goosebumps
Rosie and Jim
Cassettes
CD singles
The Walkman - that would always skip a bit of the song if you walked too fast and heaven forbid trying to run with it
The foil Christmas chain decorations that your mum would use a drawing pin to stick to the ceiling
Playing "kerbie" in the streets and seeing other kids playing out in general
Being able to leave your push bike out in the driveway whilst you went inside to have your lunch and it wouldn't have been stolen!
Sunny D
School sponge cake (the one with all the multi coloured sprinkles on the top)
Supermarkets leaving their old cardboard boxes out for customer's to pack their shopping in to
The weird goo alien toys that would "make babies" if you put them back to back in the fridge 🀣
The millennial coin collections they done in Sainsburys (I think)
The battery hair braid thing that would tangle your hair into the biggest knot and rip most of it out
"Scoobys" the plastic string things you could plait together and make key rings out of
Push pops
Blow pens
Penny sweets
McDonalds birthday parties
And a ps2 that could play new games and all the original ps1 games as they were transferable without having to buy a whole new console (like you do now!) And the memory sticks that would sometimes not save your game or would be "full" and you'd have to play roulette deleting another save game which you hope wasn't the one with your best score 🀣
The school sponge cake was AMAZING. I can imagine the taste now

Reactions: 9
I was a teenager then too! πŸ™‹πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ Hi! Ahhh leg warmers. And pixie boots?
I loved Rent a Ghost on TV - anyone remember that?
Hi πŸ‘‹ ah yes Pixie boots remember them, and watched Rent a Ghost πŸ‘» used to watch Robins Nest as well.....I remember watching The Thorn Birds with my mum, miss those days x

Reactions: 3
I think this is my favourite thread! So many memories.

Can anybody remember these fizzy drinks that came in a clear can with little orange jelly balls floating around?? To be fair could of been our shop, right dodgite place! Sold single fags to all the kids for 25p πŸ˜…

Cotton candy that turned into bubble gum
Cheese snaps πŸ’”
Ending any notes to friends or love notes with β€˜IDST’ (if destroyed still true)
Tazo’s...with all the Warner bros characters on.
Jelly shoes & the blisters that came with them!
All the girls wore the same black school trousers, tighter the better up top but flared. They were basically made of elastic and would bobble on the bum β€˜bum fluff’ so you’d have to singe it off with a lighter.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.