Things in life that have just quietly disappeared

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No but I remember More magazine with the sex positions :LOL:
Oh god. That used to shock me and I’m not a prude 🤣

Babysitters Club and Sweet Valley High books!
Oh I loved sweet valley high!!!!!

I never liked Noel's house party. What about you bet and heartbeat on a Sunday evening.
heartbeat! Loved it

I use to love 321 Dusty Bin
Tales of the unexpected 💃🏼
Generation Game
Name that tune
Wheel of fortune
You bet (you wanna bet on it)
Records
Kate Bush
I use to love (playing out) on the street with me skates...
99 ice cream
Being young (soon disappears) 😂😉
Tales of the unexpected theme tune freaked me out! 🤣

When you think of all the great quiz/tv shows there was and now we've got the masked singer.:rolleyes:
I said as much the other night. ‘It wasn’t like this is my day’ 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Moondial. Loved that on cbbc (or The Broom Cupboard as it was called) I found it on YouTube a few years ago, still loved it. There was a cbbc programme that I remember but can never think of the name. There was a boy and there was a big centurion statue in the garden. The boy would go into a wooden shed type thing with steps leading up to the door. Sometimes the cork on the cord of the blind would tap the window and a ghost would write things on the window. It's been bugging me for years what it was called!!
Tubes crisps
Crazy football crisps
Tudor crisps
Cheese straw crisps
Piglets crisps
Asda cream cheese and chive crisps
Spar ready salted crisps (they're not the same now)
Can you tell I was a crisp addict? 😂
Bitz chocolate
Bar six
Generation Game
Big Break
Nintendo Gameboy

I could go on and on!! I want to go back 😭😭😭

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Miners, Outdoor Girl and Boots 17 makeup.
Jackie magazine with Cathy and Claire, the photo stories and the pop posters.

Reactions: 9
Morrison’s used to do jacket potato and butter flavoured crisps...so good!
Saved by the bell
The Wild House
Cheezums Pringles
When they brought out a champagne flavour crunchie
campino sweets

Reactions: 3
A phone with an actual cable
Turkey twizzlers
Cadbury snowy bar (I think that’s what it’s called)
A dodgy family friend who would burn movies onto a DVD
Phone books, I haven’t seen one in years

Reactions: 13
Growing up around here we used to have a guy that came round the streets selling bags of whelks, mussels and candy apples. You don’t get that anymore.

Also, ice-cream vans. Haven’t noticed one about here in years. Used to love staying with my nana on a Sunday, she’d give us a £ each for the ice-cream van and we’d come back with loads of sweets.
we still have an ice cream van. And he parks on the corner at school , costs us a bomb in summer .

Reactions: 4
Ice cream trucks (they were really vans?) used to sell soft serve ice cream.

Freshen Up gum

Fruity Stripes gum (I believe it can still be bought online?)

Blockbuster
A&W restaurants
Drive-in movie theatres
Godfather’s Pizza (lost its popularity)

Weird memory...The highchairs w/ white trays at McD’s w/ the plastic bib for kids & the little bag of cookies (they eventually realized that nothing should come free & I bet ppl were taking the cookies) ....not sure if Burger King still offers paper crowns to kids.

Ice cream trucks (they were really vans?) used to sell soft serve ice cream.

Freshen Up gum

Fruity Stripes gum (I believe it can still be bought online?)

Blockbuster
A&W restaurants
Drive-in movie theatres
Godfather’s Pizza (lost its popularity)

Weird memory...The highchairs w/ white trays at McD’s w/ the plastic bib for kids & the little bag of cookies (they eventually realized that nothing should come free & I bet ppl were taking the cookies) ....not sure if Burger King still offers paper crowns to kids.
Paper crowns do still exist

• Haha
Does anyone remember Visa Versa sweets or cheese and onion Frisps?
Ahh every Friday I would buy a packet of vice versas and more magazine to have after college 😂

Avon Iced Champink lipstick and nail varnish 😂

PACERS - would give anything to have them back in my life!!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Turkey twizzlers, vanilla ice cream flavoured monster munch, panda pops especially jelly and ice cream flavour, getting toys in cereal, Saturday morning cartoons, clear Pepsi, and I never see kids out anymore, we were always out in the holidays or weekends, don’t see many kids out on bikes or scooters on Xmas morning either.

Playboy bedroom or groovy chick bedroom, inflatable bags, slide up phones (I feel so old😂), buying a tracksuit from the market and trying to pass it off as real😂 (I’m not a chav I swear), going half’s on a pack of cigs with your mates, drinking on the park on Friday nights, girls wearing ribbon in their hair (2004 fashionnnnn)

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Turkey twizzlers, vanilla ice cream flavoured monster munch, panda pops especially jelly and ice cream flavour, getting toys in cereal, Saturday morning cartoons, clear Pepsi, and I never see kids out anymore, we were always out in the holidays or weekends, don’t see many kids out on bikes or scooters on Xmas morning either.

Playboy bedroom or groovy chick bedroom, inflatable bags, slide up phones (I feel so old😂), buying a tracksuit from the market and trying to pass it off as real😂 (I’m not a chav I swear), going half’s on a pack of cigs with your mates, drinking on the park on Friday nights, girls wearing ribbon in their hair (2004 fashionnnnn)
I did actually get a shell suit from the market 🤣 you’ve reminded me

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.