Things in life that have just quietly disappeared

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For me it's watching TV live. I watch more on catch up or Netflix then actual Tv, never thought it would happen but it has!

Reactions: 26
Sunny delight ... God I used to love it as a kid then it was apparently turning all the children orange and suddenly it disappeared .

Reactions: 27
Baggy jeans on men.
Tubes filled with sugar
£1 mix
Huggies nappies
Original timeout

Reactions: 19
Used to be owned by P&G, always thought it had a soap powdery taste 😜
Wasn’t it like 75% sugar? 😂 I remember they bought out a green one that was amazing. My brothers would be off their tits mounting the walls after a sunny d 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Just a few things that don't exist anymore that went unnoticed. Got any more to add?

Croissants shaped like croissants! Probably just a British thing, but they're all straight now, because buttering something with a shape was just too difficult :LOL:

Delay when speaking to the other side of the world, god knows when they updated the cables but the delay is nothing these days.

Local natural gas storage tanks that moved up and down, I guess the technology improved for gas main lines and they didn't need them anymore?
There's still a natural gas thing around my way x

Reactions: 2

Yel

There's still a natural gas thing around my way x
Is it still in use and goes up and down? I think all gas holders are not in service, but they still remain as some are listed and while the grid sorts out getting rid of them and selling on the land.

I loved sunny delight probably because it as full of tit and made in a lab by proctor and gamble. They pulled off a blinder getting it in the chiller cabinets and coning parents that some synthetic added vitamins made it healthy 😆

I miss dairy milk. It's vile these days with all that palm oil and shea butter. It's not chocolate unless it's made with cocoa butter!

Reactions: 14
And everyone knew of some kid that had turned orange from drinking Sunny D 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13

Yel

Mars delight was delish, I got one free on a copy of heat. I think that's most probably gone now.

Reactions: 24
Loved cheese and chive crisps, also the cheese NikNaks, you can still get Sunny Delight in Asda. Cheese and Onion frisps are still around too. We still have phone boxes and ice cream vans that sell ice cream 😂. I miss the Taz bar, a caramel freddo is not the same.

Reactions: 13
Does anyone remember Visa Versa sweets or cheese and onion Frisps?
I love salt and vinegar Frisps. Can still get them at the corner shop across the street from my house. Vice Versas came back for a while but I think they’re gone again.

Reactions: 5
Just a few things that don't exist anymore that went unnoticed. Got any more to add?

Croissants shaped like croissants! Probably just a British thing, but they're all straight now, because buttering something with a shape was just too difficult :LOL:

Delay when speaking to the other side of the world on the phone, god knows when they updated the cables but the delay is nothing these days.

Local natural gas storage tanks that moved up and down, I guess the technology improved for gas main lines and they didn't need them anymore?
Still have croissant shaped croissants in Canada. Haha.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.