Things in life that have just quietly disappeared

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Was it More magazine that sometimes had the sealed middle section? These were usually 50 photos of dicks, or boobs, or sex positions?
It was basically my fortnightly sex education during my teen years.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Castaway was the first alcoholic drink I ever ordered. I was brought up in a very strict and religious house so didn't drink until just before my 18th birthday. I went out with a friend and met one of her male friends who offered to buy me a drink. I panicked and asked for a castaway as I'd seen my older sister drinking them 😂😂.
Loved a pint of Blastaway back in the 90's! Castaway and Cider. Couldn't drink it now with my stomach 😂

Reactions: 1
Loved a pint of Blastaway back in the 90's! Castaway and Cider. Couldn't drink it now with my stomach 😂
Any one remember Taboo and Mirage Alcoholic drinks?
Loved those as a teen .thought it was height of sophistication..Taboo and lemonade 😂
Managed to convince my mum to buy me some telling her some BS about it not really being alcohol 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Sorry if anyone’s mentioned any of these. I’m from the uk just incase these things still exist elsewhere.
Echo bars
Aero when it was in foil. Doesn’t state the same anymore.
Yogurts you used to get in building blocks
Tuck shop at school. Like fresh cookies and baked good from the dinner ladies.
Mars planets were 👌
On tv:
Get your own back
50:50
Fun house
Raven
Jungle run
When teens did expeditions to different countries
Bernards watch
Crush ( does anyone remember this 😂)
I’ve got so many lololol
I loved fun house! I remember around a decade ago when I was at uni the host (cannot remember his name) was one of the “celebs” who visited our uni, cannot even remember what he did (freshers ball, v drunk) but he apparently was a massive sleaze and slept with some 18 year old

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I loved fun house! I remember around a decade ago when I was at uni the host (cannot remember his name) was one of the “celebs” who visited our uni, cannot even remember what he did (freshers ball, v drunk) but he apparently was a massive sleaze and slept with some 18 year old
Pat Sharp! My kids absolutely love Fun House now - they watched it on You Tube

Anyone remember the shop called Au Natural? It sold some right tat but I used to get all sorts from there! Little decorations for my room and things for friends’ birthdays etc. It was full of Playboy stationery and stuff. Remember Pucca? It was like a little cartoon character and they sold all sorts of merchandise. Oh and Punkyfish and Golddigga were all the rage. Ah memories.

Reactions: 16
Anyone remember the shop called Au Natural? It sold some right tat but I used to get all sorts from there! Little decorations for my room and things for friends’ birthdays etc. It was full of Playboy stationery and stuff. Remember Pucca? It was like a little cartoon character and they sold all sorts of merchandise. Oh and Punkyfish and Golddigga were all the rage. Ah memories.
Oh my god THANK YOU! I was trying to remember for ages what it was called the other day...I kept googling “Puffer fish clothing” and wondering why I couldn’t find anything 😂😂😂

Reactions: 6
Mizz was the best!
Mizz, Shout, J17, Bliss and them sticky lipglosses that came free with the magazines that smelt funny 😊 and putting the posters on your wall that were inside the magazines.

My dream in life was to be on it!
Me too but we didn't have a car so I was always thinking how would I get there if my mum and dad don't drive and if we couldn't afford the train fare 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Oh my god THANK YOU! I was trying to remember for ages what it was called the other day...I kept googling “Puffer fish clothing” and wondering why I couldn’t find anything 😂😂😂
hahah! All the wannabe cool girls (populars as we called them) would wear Golddigga clothes and stuff. I begged my mum for something, anything Golddigga but it was so expensive! In the end I ended up with a watch from Argos which I loved, and the most vile polo shirt but I wanted it just for the logo 😂 and the more ‘edgy’/emo girls would have Punkyfish school bags and stuff!

Anyone remember a shop called Mark One or MK One? Used to dress head to toe in their gear.
Another shop I vaguely remember is Xceptions and it was like a B&M type shop. My sister had a Saturday job there and would be able to get discounts on puppy in my pocket stuff. Haha remember them too? Puppy in my pocket, I had shoeboxes full of them and like this model house that you sat them in 😂

Was it More magazine that sometimes had the sealed middle section? These were usually 50 photos of dicks, or boobs, or sex positions?
It was basically my fortnightly sex education during my teen years.
Me and my friend used to steel my sisters more magazine and look through them for sex positions and be like when i have a boyfriend i am so doing this to him. And then put them back before she knew they were missing. Filth. 😂😂

When your best mate would get a CD and then record it on to a cassette tape for you because she was so kind ❤
She also used to get videos out from global video, play it downstairs and somehow record it upstairs. Confused how it was done but she had an impressive collection of films on VHS

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Anyone remember a shop called Mark One or MK One? Used to dress head to toe in their gear.
Another shop I vaguely remember is Xceptions and it was like a B&M type shop. My sister had a Saturday job there and would be able to get discounts on puppy in my pocket stuff. Haha remember them too? Puppy in my pocket, I had shoeboxes full of them and like this model house that you sat them in 😂

Me and my friend used to steel my sisters more magazine and look through them for sex positions and be like when i have a boyfriend i am so doing this to him. And then put them back before she knew they were missing. Filth. 😂😂

When your best mate would get a CD and then record it on to a cassette tape for you because she was so kind ❤
She also used to get videos out from global video, play it downstairs and somehow record it upstairs. Confused how it was done but she had an impressive collection of films on VHS
Omg mk1 I hadn’t thought about this in years! Remember at one point there was a big scandal as they were selling thongs when their customers were all quite young ?

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Omg mk1 I hadn’t thought about this in years! Remember at one point there was a big scandal as they were selling thongs when their customers were all quite young ?
Didn't know about the scandal but I know there were clothes that my mum refused to buy me as they were too short or showed my chest too much.
I always thought MK One became Internationale and then that became Select.

Didn't know about the scandal but I know there were clothes that my mum refused to buy me as they were too short or showed my chest too much.
I always thought MK One became Internationale and then that became Select.
Yeh some of the clothes were very revealing for children, the one near where I used to live has become a totally different shop, I think a bookshop or something

Reactions: 1
remember when River Island used to be decked out like it was some sort of deep south film set with old time music playing? makes no sense when they were selling fashion....

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Yeh some of the clothes were very revealing for children, the one near where I used to live has become a totally different shop, I think a bookshop or something
Looking back they were. There was this one top i had which was a denim halter neck waistcoat type thing and it laced up the front like a corset. I was 16 when i had it and remember buying it with my own money from a potwashing job i had when i left school, that bit between school and college. My mum and dad hated it and perhaps would have burnt it if they could.

Looking back they were. There was this one top i had which was a denim halter neck waistcoat type thing and it laced up the front like a corset. I was 16 when i had it and remember buying it with my own money from a potwashing job i had when i left school, that bit between school and college. My mum and dad hated it and perhaps would have burnt it if they could.
Yeh I remember being bought a dress from there that was long with a huge slit up the side when I must have been 12 (not by my parents ofc)

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.