Things in life that have just quietly disappeared

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Phone boxes
Video shops
TV guides - the only people I know who have one are my grandparents.
Penny for the Guy on November 5th (not seen anyone with a guy since I was a child and I’m almost 30)
Lollipop men / ladies (I live in fairly Central London so I’m sure this contributes, my husband says they’re definitely not extinct)
We have lots of lollipop men and ladies around our area. One lady waves at me every morning when I go to work, and since I’ve been working from home she now speaks to me every morning when I pass with the dogs.

Mars Delights were delightful.
And does anyone remember the Cadbury chocolate called Spira? I used to love those.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 8
We have lots of lollipop men and ladies around our area. One lady waves at me every morning when I go to work, and since I’ve been working from home she now speaks to me every morning when I pass with the dogs.

And does anyone remember the Cadbury chocolate called Spira? I used to love those.
Spiras were the best ..i wish they'd bring them back !
I used to use them as a straw sometimes 😂

Reactions: 1

OMG I LOVED Spiras when I was a wee bairn ( :ROFLMAO: ). They were like the non-messy, solid version of a Twirl, back when Cadbury's was good! They really should bring these back...

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Are WKD (blue) and Smirnoff Ice still the teenage drinks of choice? I know they’re around but no one seems to drink them anymore. Maybe I’m just old :ROFLMAO:

Sugar magazine was the best. For some reason I considered it far more sophisticated than Bliss, Mizz, etc. All the free gifts were tat, except for the occasional short story/book excerpt which I loved
Used to be white lightening for us 😆

I love this thread! Anyone remember trouser skirts? I was about 11 I think so about 20 years ago!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Are WKD (blue) and Smirnoff Ice still the teenage drinks of choice? I know they’re around but no one seems to drink them anymore. Maybe I’m just old :ROFLMAO:

Sugar magazine was the best. For some reason I considered it far more sophisticated than Bliss, Mizz, etc. All the free gifts were tat, except for the occasional short story/book excerpt which I loved
Sugar mag was number 1 for me too.
It was either Bliss or Mizz that had the sex/relationship dilemmas page?

Reactions: 2
Jane Norman! Wtf were those bags all about? Absolutely hideous but EVERYONE had one!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.