Things in life that have just quietly disappeared

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Kinder eggs from my childhood, they do not taste the same anymore. I used to get so excited about kinder egg chocolate, tasted some of my sons and is NOT the same. So disappointing.

Reactions: 9
I love this thread! Anyone remember trouser skirts? I was about 11 I think so about 20 years ago!
I begged and begged for these my mum got them from me from the market....wore them to school and the teacher made me tuck the skirt into the trousers 🙈🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Mr and Mrs Meldrum, wonder how they're coping in society after a week of no social media 😂 (sorry couldn't resist)

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Jane Norman! Wtf were those bags all about? Absolutely hideous but EVERYONE had one!
I had Jane Norman handbags in so many gawdy colours and thought I was so stylish! I remember having a red one, a bright turquoise, a pastel yellow and a bright navy blue. Then there was of course the plastic shopping bag that was just as cool as having one of the actual hand bags. 🤢

No, full length trousers with a skirt stitched over the top
Yes I remember those in school!

I begged and begged for these my mum got them from me from the market....wore them to school and the teacher made me tuck the skirt into the trousers 🙈🙈
I remember begging my mum for these too and eventually she got me a pair from C&A along with a pair of ridiculously inappropriate platform shoes 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
I had Jane Norman handbags in so many gawdy colours and thought I was so stylish! I remember having a red one, a bright turquoise, a pastel yellow and a bright navy blue. Then there was of course the plastic shopping bag that was just as cool as having one of the actual hand bags. 🤢

Yes I remember those in school!

I remember begging my mum for these too and eventually she got me a pair from C&A along with a pair of ridiculously inappropriate platform shoes 😂
C&A! The red and blue door handles 😂

Reactions: 1
Max Factor used to do a roll on lip gloss in different flavours it was very sticky and shiny, but I had to re apply it every 5 seconds in 1976 before snogging boys at the youth club lol!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Love this thread! I'm an oldie for here (42!;)) so been around a while......
-80s-
Pyramints/ Mint filled creme eggs/ Applause bars/ These little plastic coffins that used to have sweetie bones in them/ selection boxes that looked HUGE when I was little/ sunday shops shut/Garbage Pail Kids card (banned at our school!)/ Sticker albums and swapping with friends in the playground/ Crappy old computer games that took forever to load/ Dungeons and Dragons cartoon/ Sara Lee frozen lasagne/ Screwballs at the cinema (used to be £1.50 to get in!)/ Flick flack watches/ YY to video shops (used to feel really brave as a kid looking around the Horror section!)
-90s-
Gladiators/Crystal Maze/Gamesmaster on TV- only 4 channels (but actually had stuff you wanted to watch!)/ Pogs/ Spokie Dokies (might have been an 80's thing)/ Naf Naf/Sweater Shop (had a jumper from them, it was £9.99 and at 11 years old thought I was DEAD fancy having one!)/ Arcades at the seaside/ Microwave pizza/ Pop Tarts (they are still around but not the same as the 90's ones)/ Laserdisc players/ Global Hypercolour tees/ Past Times shop......
could go on all day!

Reactions: 11
Mini shopping trolleys for the kids at Supermarkets.

Chocolate cigarettes with the white paper-no one was ever sure if you should get the paper or not :giggle:

Reactions: 5
Love this thread! I'm an oldie for here (42!;)) so been around a while......
-80s-
Pyramints/ Mint filled creme eggs/ Applause bars/ These little plastic coffins that used to have sweetie bones in them/ selection boxes that looked HUGE when I was little/ sunday shops shut/Garbage Pail Kids card (banned at our school!)/ Sticker albums and swapping with friends in the playground/ Crappy old computer games that took forever to load/ Dungeons and Dragons cartoon/ Sara Lee frozen lasagne/ Screwballs at the cinema (used to be £1.50 to get in!)/ Flick flack watches/ YY to video shops (used to feel really brave as a kid looking around the Horror section!)
-90s-
Gladiators/Crystal Maze/Gamesmaster on TV- only 4 channels (but actually had stuff you wanted to watch!)/ Pogs/ Spokie Dokies (might have been an 80's thing)/ Naf Naf/Sweater Shop (had a jumper from them, it was £9.99 and at 11 years old thought I was DEAD fancy having one!)/ Arcades at the seaside/ Microwave pizza/ Pop Tarts (they are still around but not the same as the 90's ones)/ Laserdisc players/ Global Hypercolour tees/ Past Times shop......
could go on all day!
I think we shared a life!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Mini shopping trolleys for the kids at Supermarkets.

Chocolate cigarettes with the white paper-no one was ever sure if you should get the paper or not :giggle:
Our morrisons still have the mini trolleys. The amount of times they get in the way is unreal 🤣

• Sad
Kinder eggs from my childhood, they do not taste the same anymore. I used to get so excited about kinder egg chocolate, tasted some of my sons and is NOT the same. So disappointing.
Yes! Kinder even boasts about their new recipe having more milk and less cocoa. It tastes rubbish now

Also feel weirdly nostalgic for the old capsules which were a golden yolk colour and made of slippery plastic. Impossible to open except by using your mouth :ROFLMAO: no wonder they changed them. The toys were better too
Loved these, recently tried to find them online, a Japanese company still makes them but I can’t justify spending £30 on chocolate :(

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.