Things in life that have just quietly disappeared

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Milk at break time in primary school. In a proper tiny bottle that you poked a straw through the foil top. It was always a bit warm where it had been sat out all morning 🤢
(Born in ‘71 so this was mid to late 70s)
Oh and getting to be milk monitor and handing out the bottles! 😂
I have always hated cows milk, the fact it was warm made it worse!! Then Maggie Thatcher took it away from us - for a while she was my hero - untill my trade union rep, Labour party member grandad put me right!!
I was a '71 baby too.

Reactions: 4
Toys in cereal

do you remember the purple box that came with the Sabrina magazine ? I love Sabrina though, I have the dvd boxset haha!
Loved beanie babies too.
I had that box! And one week it was silver nail polish for the gift which I spilt all over the house phone and ruined it 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Fruit polo’s? I loved them and Rolo Cookies 😋
I nearly died eating fruit polos when I was about 10 as I had been dared to put a whole packets worth in my mouth at once. Went blue and everything 🥴

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Does anyone remember a kids tv show. (On BBC I think) where the headmaster was a giant German Shepard?? but all the pupils were normal kids. I swear im not drunk.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Sara Lee chocolate gateau, there was always one whipped out at the boxing day brunch 😂

The Mary Kate & Ashley dolls & clothing line in Asda.

There's so many things in this thread that made me feel nostalgic! Definitely miss all the magazines like mizz (remember they always used to share a story or dilemma that they thought was made up?), sugar, bliss, sabrina the teenage witch magazine.

Reactions: 6
Miss Sporty makeup range in Boots with £1.99 clear lip gloss 😁

Reactions: 12
Someone said White Dog Poo earlier in the thread, I saw some today 🤣
I changed to own brand ,cheap dog food during lockdown and it made her poo turn white. (Disclaimer- I usually pick up straight away but I didn't know she'd done a poo this time)

Reactions: 1
Lincoln biscuits ..I last saw in 2004.
I can buy them online but they expensive. They were one of my favourites.
Bourbon biscuits with a kind of sugar sprinkles on the top and bottom..they seem sprinkle free nowadays.

Reactions: 2
I have always hated cows milk, the fact it was warm made it worse!! Then Maggie Thatcher took it away from us - for a while she was my hero - untill my trade union rep, Labour party member grandad put me right!!
I was a '71 baby too.
When Thatcher took away the milk generally, to begin with, poor children and kids with single parents still got milk. I was one of 4 in my class who still got milk for the first year or so. Massively embarrassing. Not only did she take away the milk she’s fucked the poor kids twice over in the process. ‘71 baby too.

Eye gloss. Like lipgloss for your eyelids but in eyeshadow colours. It was weird. If you put eyeliner on with it it was all down your face within minutes. It was everywhere for a year or two in the very early 2000s (I think) and then suddenly disappeared never to be seen again.

• Haha
Pre and early teen kids that actually look like kids. Nowadays they all wear more makeup daily than I do on a night out plus tight clothes and crop tops. When I was 12 I lived in my Gap hoodie and baggy jeans. Speaking of which...Gap hoodies have also disappeared

Pre and early teen kids that actually look like kids. Nowadays they all wear more makeup daily than I do on a night out plus tight clothes and crop tops. When I was 12 I lived in my Gap hoodie and baggy jeans. Speaking of which...Gap hoodies have also disappeared
This change happened so quickly too, my sister is 3 years younger and was shocked looking at fotos of my 15th bday in a restaurant with friends and none of us were wearing makeup, all just in jeans and casual clothes, by the time she was 15 all her friends used makeup

Reactions: 8
I am often gobsmacked by how good teenage girls figures are. Then I realise that ours were probable that good too - it’s just that nobody wore skintight stuff then - it was all baggy jeans and T-shirts and stuff so you’d never know what our bodies were like under there.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.