Things in life that have just quietly disappeared

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Pogs, the looney tunes ones from the Walkers crisps that you collected and put in a folder

Reactions: 8
OMG!! I loved exactly the same things as you! Sabrina magazine was amazing, did you build the make up kit in that purple box?! And there was hair tutorials!

Glitter babes was everywhere! They do still have a v. Small line at boots 3 4 2 at xmas.

Did anyone collect spice girls photographs? They were in a white envelope and you got about 5 in a pack. I also had the album to put them in. I was gutted when they stopped doing them!
Omg I had all the spice girl photos. I lost the albums and sometimes randomly wonder where they went?!? Pretty convinced at the time they would be worth a fortune 🤣🤣

Reactions: 3
Omg I had all the spice girl photos. I lost the albums and sometimes randomly wonder where they went?!? Pretty convinced at the time they would be worth a fortune 🤣🤣
They only did them with the first album... after that they went on everything else do you remeber? Polaroid, crisps, lollipops.
I dont know of any other pop band ever to release photographs like that.

Reactions: 2
I remember the photographs too. I wasn’t allowed but others in my primary school had them. I think they were dressed for various ‘themes.’ I say this as the only one I even vaguely remember was Baywatch themed I think...? I’ve never seen that merchandise since either , but has there been a pop band quite so big since ? They were a phenomenon, second only to the Beatles in all of music history. No one would buy girls aloud photographs. Also I think they were supposed to be a ‘girly’ equivalent to those football stickers that were huge for collecting and swapping at the time.

OK, is anyone else young enough to remember the Sabrina The Teenage Witch magazine? I LOVED it.

Also, TY beanie babies. They aren't the same now.

Glitter Babes products from Boots were my favourite growing up. Not sure if they're still around.
do you remember the purple box that came with the Sabrina magazine ? I love Sabrina though, I have the dvd boxset haha!
Loved beanie babies too.

Omg! 😂😂😂

Anyone watched the queens nose or the demon headmaster? They haunted me in my dreams!!
the headmaster gave me nightmares!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
do you remember the purple box that came with the Sabrina magazine ? I love Sabrina though, I have the dvd boxset haha!
Loved beanie babies too.

the headmaster gave me nightmares!!!
Yes, I loved that box. Haha. I wish they'd put Sabrina on Netflix.
I loved beanies too. I had a windowsill full of them as a kid, lol.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
They only did them with the first album... after that they went on everything else do you remeber? Polaroid, crisps, lollipops.
I dont know of any other pop band ever to release photographs like that.
Omg I loved those spice girl chips chips!

Reactions: 1
I actually walked past a HMV today and was so shocked, I assumed they’d all closed. It’s a wonder they get any business! Suppose it’s older people maybe.

I judge anyone who still owns any cds or dvds😂😂😂

• Wow
I actually walked past a HMV today and was so shocked, I assumed they’d all closed. It’s a wonder they get any business! Suppose it’s older people maybe.

I judge anyone who still owns any cds or dvds😂😂😂
why? Not every movie is on Netflix or amazon prime

I’m ashamed to say I had a few of these bags, I had the Barbie bag, purse, hoodies, top and coat 🤦🏼‍♀️ I was in my early 20’s as well I should have known better 🙈🙈
I had the barbie one too- I was a similar age and thought I looked amazing 😂😂 they weren’t cheap either!

• Haha
Trev and Simon!!!! So funny .... I love this thread!!!
I met Trev, he got married at my church, he came with his fiance to look at the church after a Sunday morning service, some of the youth group, me included, were practicing a play for the following week. He watched us and told us it was great!! We were also star struck!!!!

So I looked up spice girl albums on Ebay... and you can get 102/120 pictures in the album for ..... £5! I'm sure the packets of photos were £2 each in 1997 so massive decrease in value lol.

Over lockdown while working out I listened to the now albums in order from now 48 (2001) until 2004. After then it just gets tit.

Did anyone have a girl talk cassette recorder?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.