Things in life that have just quietly disappeared

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Looking at the front page pictures in the papers today tells me that common sense has left and not too quietly either. Pubs and shops might be open again but the virus is still out there.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Reading through this thread has been a trip down memory lane 😁 things that come to mind are:

Bursting Bugs sweets
Fame Academy
Top of the Pops on a Friday night
Sticker albums for films, sports, etc. I remember sending off for the last few needed to complete my collection 😁
Stamped Addressed Envelopes and entering competitions with them 😁
Milk in cartons - when did it switch to plastic bottles?
The early days of social media - picking your top 8 friends on MySpace and giving Love on Bebo 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Reading through this thread has been a trip down memory lane 😁 things that come to mind are:

Bursting Bugs sweets
Fame Academy
Top of the Pops on a Friday night
Sticker albums for films, sports, etc. I remember sending off for the last few needed to complete my collection 😁
Stamped Addressed Envelopes and entering competitions with them 😁
Milk in cartons - when did it switch to plastic bottles?
The early days of social media - picking your top 8 friends on MySpace and giving Love on Bebo 😁
I remember TOTP on a Thursday - showing my age 😬

Reactions: 8
The Simpsons comic where you could send in your drawings
More Magazine
Wash In-Wash Out hair dye which came in little sachets
download.jpg

Bebo and Piczo
Habbo Hotel
Soap & Glory used to do a really good night cream called "Night Cream in Shining Armour", I always used to get compliments on my skin. They replaced it with another night cream which was no where near as good!
Tammy Girl and La Senza Girl
Puppy in my Pocket
When clothing stores sold really cute clothes and accessories, now most stuff is bland, generic and poorly made IMO
Matey bubble bath
Collection 2000 glitter eyeliner
When The Body Shop paired up in MTV and made a lip butter in aid of a "safe sex" campaign - it was the loveliest lip butter I have ever used

• Heart
Reactions: 11
The Simpsons comic where you could send in your drawings
More Magazine
Wash In-Wash Out hair dye which came in little sachets
View attachment 174192
Bebo and Piczo
Habbo Hotel
Soap & Glory used to do a really good night cream called "Night Cream in Shining Armour", I always used to get compliments on my skin. They replaced it with another night cream which was no where near as good!
Tammy Girl and La Senza Girl
Puppy in my Pocket
When clothing stores sold really cute clothes and accessories, now most stuff is bland, generic and poorly made IMO
Matey bubble bath
Collection 2000 glitter eyeliner
When The Body Shop paired up in MTV and made a lip butter in aid of a "safe sex" campaign - it was the loveliest lip butter I have ever used
Oh my god the Simpsons comics! I was always gutted when my (tit) drawings never made it in 😂😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I don't know if this was a local thing but 'Smokebusters' . It was like some club thing we signed up for at school and it was anti smoking and we got anti smoking merchandise. I had a window sticker.

I obviously didn't learn much cos I smoked during my late teens

Reactions: 2
I remember being devastated if the sega mega drive/ps1 game i wanted to rent out from Choices wasn’t available. It would genuinely ruin my weekend!

Does anyone else remember a magazine from the 90’s called PC Genius? I think the issues were monthly, my granddad who was big into computers even back then got me a subscription. The magazines came with a floppy disc/cd-rom containing educational games from things like maths and English to basic coding and foreign languages. With each issue you’d get more games. It was probably aimed at kids age 5-10? There were little mascots/characters in the game which were animals of some kind. I loved it! Barely remember reading the magazine but when ever I was at my grand parents I was playing on pc genius, can still remember the cheesy start up music😅

I also had a frog game which was based around maths I think. I want to say it was Frogger, but it wasn’t like the Frogger games In the traditional sense, I’ve tried looking it up but haven’t been able to find what it was. I remember one activity on there where you had to repair/rebuild a log cabin by answering simple addition and takeaway sums. I’m sure there were other ones but that one must have been my favourite.

There was also another educational kind of pc game thing. I think I got at least one from the school book fair. Can’t remember for the life of me what they were called but each one was ‘themed’. I’m sure I had one about Ancient Rome And I remember my school having one on electricity. It was a lot of point and click type stuff. I’m gonna have to do some digging to see if I can remember the name because it’ll annoy me now.

Adiboo, the original one where it was point and click, you could grow your own crops and make stuff in the kitchen. I’d spend hours making all sorts of weird concoctions most turning out bad.

Disney gave away demo cdroms in cereal boxes I think it was. They were always fun to waste time on. In a weird way I’d love to go back and mess around with some of these old pc programmes. Maybe even show them to my own kids.

OMG so many things on here I have forgotton about!!!
Biker grove, zoey 101, as told by ginger!

I know someone’s mentioned the mtv and body shop lip balm.. I also thought it was the best 😂

Anyone remember the “bellys gonna get ya” advert?

BN BN biscuits!

Reactions: 6
OMG so many things on here I have forgotton about!!!
Biker grove, zoey 101, as told by ginger!

I know someone’s mentioned the mtv and body shop lip balm.. I also thought it was the best 😂

Anyone remember the “bellys gonna get ya” advert?

BN BN biscuits!
Omg I now have that bn bn song in my head! As told by ginger is one of the best cartoons ever!

Reactions: 6
If anybody wants a trip down memory lane Argos have every catalogue online that you can browse through, going all the way back to the 1970s, just google ‘Argos Book of Dreams’

I can’t believe how many things I vividly remember circling as a child at christmas time 😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Cadbury Marble bars - aka the best chocolate bar there ever was 😭

TV shows - Sister Sister, Sweet Valley High, California Dreams

Point horror books & Sweet Valley High books - these genuinely started my love of reading. Wish I kept them.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Phone boxes
Video/DVD rental shops
Milk Bottles on steps
Theres a house in my street that still has a milkman, every morning without fail the float SPEEDS down to deliver ONE person milk at like 4am 😓

Toys at the bottom of cereals!

Maybelline dream matte mousse - I know it still exists but can anyone seriously still use it? 😂

Reactions: 5
Theres a house in my street that still has a milkman, every morning without fail the float SPEEDS down to deliver ONE person milk at like 4am 😓

Toys at the bottom of cereals!

Maybelline dream matte mousse - I know it still exists but can anyone seriously still use it? 😂
Yeh my parents have a milk man still

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.