Things everyone loves but you hate #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Comic Relief / Children In Need. Not the cause itself per se but the whole thing, the wheeling out every z lister who’ll do something daft for charity, oh and don’t get me started on the fact you can now only donate a tenner at minimum. How about if you can’t donate £10 (a lot of money to some people) but could throw a £1 or two at the cause... oh no, peasant, that’s not good enough for us! It must feel really tit if you’re inclined to donate but can’t afford to give what they think the minimum should be. How about “text whatever amount you can afford” instead of text £30!!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Comic Relief / Children In Need. Not the cause itself per se but the whole thing, the wheeling out every z lister who’ll do something daft for charity, oh and don’t get me started on the fact you can now only donate a tenner at minimum. How about if you can’t donate £10 (a lot of money to some people) but could throw a £1 or two at the cause... oh no, peasant, that’s not good enough for us! It must feel really tit if you’re inclined to donate but can’t afford to give what they think the minimum should be. How about “text whatever amount you can afford” instead of text £30!!
It's also annoying how it ends up dominating almost every BBC show when it's on.

Reactions: 10
Yes it bugs me how it’s always a multimillionaire telling you to donate too open your own wallet.

Reactions: 19
Upstairs bathrooms. I’ve only lived in one house where it was upstairs and I didn’t particularly like it. Dion Dublin on Homes Under the Hammer is always “first thing, get the bathroom upstairs!”, even when it’s a tiny two bed terrace 🤣 give it a rest.
But why? What if you need a wee in the night?

• Haha
Especially when there are loads of small local charities that could benefit more from the money. If you look at some of the stuff RND/CIN funds it would make your head spin - and not in a good way 😲

• Heart
Reactions: 13
But why? What if you need a wee in the night?
I never need the toilet through the night 🤷🏼‍♀️ Downstairs suits my lifestyle, but the weird snobbery from Hyacinths like they’re lowbrow makes me laugh. I’d have a WC upstairs but not a main bathroom unless I had no choice.

Reactions: 2
Dogs. Big animal lover and prefer cats. Surrounded by dogs and find them smelly and noisy :eek: and needy rather than man's best friend :confused:
Of course I will pet friendly dogs but would never want to own one

Reactions: 5
RuPaul's Drag Race

Everything just gives me 2000/10 vibes and it's just very uncomfortable to watch

Tom Hardy. I have a FB friend that posts a lot of pics of him, plus muscly guys in their pants. Isn’t that like posting pics of busty ladies if you’re a man?

Reactions: 6
The home decor trend of everyone having panelling.

Made from cheap MDF and chucked up on news build properties.

I don’t know why but it really does my tits in. The only properties I’ve ever looked and and thought “hmm, that is gorgeous panelling detail” tend to be older properties that have high ceilings and large rooms.

Reactions: 15
Instagram influencers. I don’t want to see people randomly posing in the street or flogging their crappy wares thanks

Reactions: 13
Cocktails - more so the idea of going for cocktails.
I rarely drink cocktails and whenever I do order one, I've no idea what I like so it's either something very 2000s such as a woo woo (do they even still exist?!) Or maybe a strawberry daiquiri. But the thought of going out for cocktails? Nah. It's usually 2-4-1 so because I've no idea what I like I usually end up with two cocktails that are bleeping rank and now I've spent a tenner on two tit drinks.
Give me a pint of lager or a sauv blanc any day.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Cocktails - more so the idea of going for cocktails.
I rarely drink cocktails and whenever I do order one, I've no idea what I like so it's either something very 2000s such as a woo woo (do they even still exist?!) Or maybe a strawberry daiquiri. But the thought of going out for cocktails? Nah. It's usually 2-4-1 so because I've no idea what I like I usually end up with two cocktails that are bleeping rank and now I've spent a tenner on two tit drinks.
Give me a pint of lager or a sauv blanc any day.
They are almost always way too sweet and sickly. And the creamy ones are just 🤢🤢🤮 They are also far too alcoholic and I get drunk after two!

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.