thewelshrunner & kellogs_ontherun #7 All in, smug grin, let’s manifest Boston by doing more colouring in

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s such an idiot. Her last marathons were Berlin and London last year. She was going for a BQ at Berlin and came in at 5 and a half hours. She’s shown that she’s learnt nothing over the past year about training, nutrition, cross training or recovery. She is going to go all in tomorrow in a half marathon two weeks before she needs to knock over an hour off her marathon PB. So 👏🏻 Here 👏🏻 For 👏🏻 This 👏🏻

Reactions: 16
She’s such an idiot. Her last marathons were Berlin and London last year. She was going for a BQ at Berlin and came in at 5 and a half hours. She’s shown that she’s learnt nothing over the past year about training, nutrition, cross training or recovery. She is going to go all in tomorrow in a half marathon two weeks before she needs to knock over an hour off her marathon PB. So 👏🏻 Here 👏🏻 For 👏🏻 This 👏🏻
It’s unbelievable, you are normally wrapping yourself up in cotton wool 2 weeks out from a race, avoiding any bugs, avoiding any injuries etc and this one is gojng all out for a HM.

Reactions: 8
In taper you need a couple of short speed workouts just to keep the legs used to turning over and to feel sharp. A half marathon takes 2 weeks to recover from. So she has two bad options.
If she tries to do another session before Amsterdam, she'll be really digging herself into a hole and arrive completely overtrained. If, sensibly, she runs only easy til the marathon, she'll feel stale and flat on race day.

Reactions: 5
I must be either very innocent or just plain naïve in my total lack of understanding why anyone would curate this totally false narrative just for people you will never meet to “like” a post and be given something you will never use. I don’t get it. Nor the fact they both seem terrified of any real life human interaction. I just don’t understand.

Reactions: 9
It’s the bonk excuse.
She’ll do well in the half then that’ll be her excuse to bonk Amsterdam - didn’t recover.

or

she’ll do shite tomorrow as she’ll be saving herself for Amsterdam.

all excuses accepted!

Reactions: 11
Yeah but tired legs for the win init

• Haha
Reactions: 4
If she’s going to go all out in the HM then it shows she really doesn’t care about the BQ

Reactions: 6
If she’s going to go all out in the HM then it shows she really doesn’t care about the BQ
Well exactly! She should be doing everything in her power to make sure she gets to that start line in the best possible shape - racing a half 2 weeks out is not going to hell that cause. And it looks like it’s horrible weather

Reactions: 3
You can track - looks like she’s going for 1.45. Which would be a 5min PB, 2 weeks out from a marathon PB attempt. I wouldn’t even do parkrun 2 weeks out from a marathon!

• Wow
Reactions: 11
I don’t think she’s going for a BQ this time. I think she’s aiming for sub 4. If my suspicions are correct, she’ll be aiming for sub 1:50 today on the road to sub 4.

That said, I still don’t agree with an all out HM makes sense 2 weeks before your A race.

Reactions: 4
I don’t think she’s going for a BQ this time. I think she’s aiming for sub 4. If my suspicions are correct, she’ll be aiming for sub 1:50 today on the road to sub 4.

That said, I still don’t agree with an all out HM makes sense 2 weeks before your A race.
Agreed. Why not just focus on that A race instead of throwing all these other ones into the mix

Reactions: 1
Estimated finish for her is about 1:48 at the moment. Which if it was about 6 weeks out from the marathon would be great… but she’s already ran over 50km this week after that hard long run and no doubt will ‘taper’ at 50-60km and blow up at the marathon. 🍿

Reactions: 6
I just don’t get it! She’s PB’d most distances this year, been marathon training for about 2 years, yet goes for a half PB 2 weeks out from a mara PB attempt….
Her half PB isn’t bad! Surely the mara should be her focus at this point. Make it make sense 🫣

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.