thewelshrunner & kellogs_ontherun #6 Sweaty floor, a few donuts more, Ironman soon, swims gonna make Tits sore

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was once told to train the runner you are not the one you want to be. Kelly’s volume is an absolute nonsense at this stage and of her ability.

Reactions: 11
Wtaf? 61 miles in week 2 of marathon training for a 4:45 runner? This is completely ridiculous. Is she aiming for 100 mile weeks? Or is it all part of the plan to have the best excuse for the next DNS due to stress fracture/tendon rupture when she realises she’s going to crash and burn in Amsterdam???

Reactions: 8
She’s begging for injury. Pushing your limits is something you do after you have some success under your belt—not DNS after DNS. They probably won’t even bother making travel arrangements for Valencia.

Reactions: 5
This is madness but very entertaining to watch it not work over and over. A ‘session’ on fatigued legs is totally pointless - the whole point of keeping easy runs easy is polarised training, so you can actually do your interval/tempo or whatever sessions properly!
You would think as ‘professional’ runners (hmm) they would know this…

Crazy how things have fallen off since that lightning in a bottle moment at the London Marathon. From a publicity perspective, it was the perfect launchpad to become a legit presence and force for good in the industry.

Instead, the guy has made 0 running progress in 5 years, and literally every runner I know who followed him on socials after London thinks he is unbearable now

Reactions: 10
He looks so different now!!!!
I just watched his new vlog, honestly don’t know why I do it to myself but taking one for the team and all that!

He looks quite ill now in some of his footage, generally looks like he’s half asleep/drowsy and is really so far up his hole that he’s coming out of his mouth almost

• Haha
Reactions: 7
And he was only head to toe in Runderwear because they gave him free race entry, he’s a bloody slave to Nike outside of that. And he only mentioned the socks in his tit “reel”.
Plus, he didn’t sacrifice his London finish, he admitted he wasn’t on for a PB and that’s why he helped. Hate the choice of wording they used.
and another thing…. Hero? Hero?! Look the word up in a bleeping dictionary, because this waster is nothing like that. Go see the NHS, police, fire service, armed forces, lifeboats, teachers…. These people are heroes, not this prick.
(hops off soapbox)

Reactions: 12
He looks quite ill now in some of his footage, generally looks like he’s half asleep/drowsy and is really so far up his hole that he’s coming out of his mouth almost
[/QUOTE]

I was watching some of his vlogs from just over a year ago and in just that time his physical appearance has changed. He's become far too thin and I would say has lost muscle. He used to look more "solid'. In his vlod during lockdown 1 he was talking about protein after runs and proper fuelling. It's all out the window now he measures lactate.
Oh, he was monitoring other seemingly pointless tit back then though with his quota ring or whatever it is.

I was watching some of his vlogs from just over a year ago and in just that time his physical appearance has changed. He's become far too thin and I would say has lost muscle. He used to look more "solid'.
When was the last time he did any strength work? If you don’t maintain it, you lose it. Especially heading towards your 40s.

I followed him after London and he is unbearable now. You’d think he was an Olympian the way he talks but his results just don’t match.

Reactions: 6
When was the last time he did any strength work? If you don’t maintain it, you lose it. Especially heading towards your 40s.
He doesn’t. I think I screengrabbed a Strava comments exchange with him and someone a while back. The Someone was suggesting a balance of S&C etc based upon some reading (science!) and Matt just basically said “yeah; good for you but no”.

• Haha
  • Wow
He doesn’t. I think I screengrabbed a Strava comments exchange with him and someone a while back. The Someone was suggesting a balance of S&C etc based upon some reading (science!) and Matt just basically said “yeah; good for you but no”.
He said that running on the trails was his strength work!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
If she wants to get faster she needs to be more specific

sessions like
10mins tempo and 10x 1 min off 30 seconds

this will increase her raw speed

getting faster by getting fitter is a very slow process

Reactions: 2
Kelly's literally following his route straight into a stress fracture. How stupid can she be to copy and listen to someone whose self coaching just put him out of action for 6 months with no marathon PB in 6 years.

Reactions: 6
Just before his swim that he did for the Ironman trainin. Oh wait…
Garmin credited me with a swimming activity on Monday. I wasn't swimming, I was unloading the washing machine and sorting dry washing out 🤷‍♀️ Tits could kill two birds with one stone with that "training" :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.