Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Runaway

With how consistent they both are at pulling out, I'm surprised Harri was even conceived.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
“Do one thing today that you’ll be grateful for when you wake up tomorrow”

I went to work today you fucking lazy prick. What did you do?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
This might be an unpopular opinion (😂😂… that thread seems to be full of fun and games) but here goes…

When I was teaching there were some students who, no matter how hard they worked (and some worked their absolute socks off), were never going to get more than a C at A level. They and their parents knew that. It was just their academic limit. Others worked far less but got an A*. You could say it was unfair, but it was just the way it was.

Why are we applying different standards here? So what if Kelly runs 60 miles a week? She might be physiologically incapable of running faster than what she is currently doing. Some people, with very little training can run 35 min 10Ks.

I don’t mean to be antagonistic. I am sorry if this comes across as such. They are driving me crackers with their reels, gifted crap and failure to acknowledge their privilege. They need a good dose of real life (as do Jemma and Charlie). See what it means to see people in real need, who are really struggling with their MH, who are terrified about the winter. Not about whether getting up at 5.30 for the gym 2 days in a row deserves a “well-done” or if the ASICS super shoes are better than the Nikes.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
Fuck off garmin. Gifting the scam artist with a £550 watch.

She can get in the bin. Then he can get in the bin. Then garmin can get in the bin. Then I will fill the bin with old fish.

(edit-I know this sounds harsh, but on the day that £326 has gone into so many people’s accounts to counter the hellfire that’s coming she has the fucking nerve to show off that gifted watch. She isn’t the only one but this is her thread so she is getting my wrath. I honestly can’t believe the pair of them today. Shoving the cost of living crisis in our faces like cream pies.)

• Haha
  • Heart

louise1976

I do know how she feels to lose a child, I have lost my son. Its the most worst experience of my life. I did my towns marathon in memory of him, it was on his birthday it’s was meant to be. I did it for charity sands, they helped me so much when my son passed away.
I do believe she is holding out for a free place. I do believe she just not got it in her to get a BQ, not everyone will. We all do it if we was built the same. I just feel sorry for her, Matt is just a twat making her believe she can. Watching her DNS and when she does make it fucking it up. His just watching her fall time after time. I hope one day she will realise this.

• Heart
“Don’t let external validation be your motivation” says gobshite posting his life and work on a social media site for validation. Prick.

• Haha

WeepingCassandra

VIP Member
Oh my God, my first post title (I think, tbh I can’t remember because I have a life outside this website). Thank you for believing in my roll of the dice, so glad I made the effort to write the post and not DNS it, I really WANTED IT as you can tell.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21

Paperclip22

Urgh, if he dedicated his life to helping others then fair enough, let him have the praise even if it's not true that he sacrificed his race.

But does he volunteer down at parkrun every week? Does he give up his time to coach at his local club? Does he do work behind the scenes setting up local club races? Does he help kids get into running? Does he even show his face at the club he's a member of? Does he do anything other than extort people for copy paste training plans?

So many runners do all that and never get any recognition so it really irks me when he's held up as an example of what the running community is about.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Fuck off garmin. Gifting the scam artist with a £550 watch.

She can get in the bin. Then he can get in the bin. Then garmin can get in the bin. Then I will fill the bin with old fish.

(edit-I know this sounds harsh, but on the day that £326 has gone into so many people’s accounts to counter the hellfire that’s coming she has the fucking nerve to show off that gifted watch. She isn’t the only one but this is her thread so she is getting my wrath. I honestly can’t believe the pair of them today. Shoving the cost of living crisis in our faces like cream pies.)
I say this as someone in an extremely financially fortunate position, I find so many people SO tone deaf, I’ve seen today alone make up hauls, someone on their third holiday is as many months. I am aware I am in a very privileged position with a high salary and a paid off mortgage, and I keep my mouth shut about this at the moment as there are a lot of people who have never really known financial hardship about to have a real tough time and what those who were struggling before will be going through doesn’t bear thinking about.
To know this is going on and be bragging about gifted watches and treadmills is really unpleasant

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Paperclip22

I need to thank Welloggs really because I've been watching her training, listening to you guys and taking her as an example in how NOT to train.

Have self-coached, literally done the opposite to everything Kelly has done and after 6 months of solid, smart training I've just PB'd my goal race (and every distance up to it along the way) with no injury, burnout, DNS or silly milage.

And I'm not a new runner. I've beat all my times from when I was younger, lighter and running more miles. I used to follow people like Kelly, not look too closely at their training or long-term results and think that running all the junk miles was something to aspire to.

So thanks, Kelly, at least your account has helped one person 🤷🏻‍♀️.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

LKC100

Her training is absolutely nuts. No 'qualified' coach would prescribe this - junk mile after junk mile. It makes me so mad to see her try to normalise this. My marathon PB is over an hour faster than hers and I run half her mileage. I'm going for 3:30 ish at my next one (a 10 min improvement) and I'm worried that that is a bit much. If I were her I would be busily colouring in 'olympic qualifying time' and manifesting that 🙄. She is a deluded moron with an unqualified (read that as 'shit') coach 😡

Reactions: 19

the_chafe_is_real

VIP Member
Thanks @snapdrag0n for the new thread and congrats to @WeepingCassandra for the title and to @runderpants for the poll idea.

Tits is still training for his 70.3 sub 15 minute 5k with some solid sessions of junk mileage, under fuelling, zwifting on a turbo in their kitchen and answering the door in his wetsuit.

Kells continues the run streak of “easy” runs at her race pace but it’s lush and she loves it. Somehow always finishes her runs near Greggs 🤷🏻‍♀️. We think her A race is Valencia but it could equally be any number of races that she signs up for/gets gifted and then DNS.

meanwhile, poor Harri continues his doughnut diet, being dragged round races and generally growing up to hate running.

Have a great day you lovely lot!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18