Thewelshrunner and Kellogs_ontherun #2 roll those dice but please ignore their advice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Kells: stop racing your workouts. Your easy run pace is NOT a 9:53 pace - it's about a minute/mile slower. If you want an honest shot at even a sub 4, you need to slow TF down.
I personally don’t care about pausing watches etc but if you’re taking a long run as your base pace - have to use the elapsed time. So she’s on 10:14 for that (admittedly) hilly run today.

Reactions: 2
Not sure how Manchester lines up after Kenya date wise. But after a couple of weeks at altitude, running at sea level will feel extraordinarily easy for a while.

She gets back 2 weeks before Manchester.
Yep - the "experience" runs 6th-19th March

I reckon the conditions will be so brutal out there with altitude plus 28 degree heat that any kind of real long run at pace/hard effort will be impossible

Last edited:
Anyone see Welshtits on that FOD runners YouTube? Was talking about how he doesn’t do S&C because going out on the hilly trails gives him what he needs and took that from the way the Kenyans train and how they are never in the gym

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Anyone see Welshtits on that FOD runners YouTube? Was talking about how he doesn’t do S&C because going out on the hilly trails gives him what he needs and took that from the way the Kenyans train and how they are never in the gym
What a load of crap. Kipchoge posts on IG about being in the gym all the time. I mean, he's not that active on there but I've seen more than one mention of the gym on his IG!

Reactions: 4
Why anyone pays this man to coach them is beyond me. He is out of touch with reality 🙄

What a load of bull when there’s S&C timetabled in on those Kenyan experiences. He’s a knob.

PSA: If your coach tells you that you don't need to do strength work, you need to replace your coach.
Obviously Welshtits doesn't actually believe this, because Kelly has S&C built into her programme.

Reactions: 6
PSA: If your coach tells you that you don't need to do strength work, you need to replace your coach.
Obviously Welshtits doesn't actually believe this, because Kelly has S&C built into her programme.
I just don’t get it. Does he think if you’re fast, you’re beyond doing S&C?

Reactions: 1
Do you think he asked her too though? She has a different coach for strength (which is fine). But I’d kinda expect him to do the same thing…

Reactions: 1
He’s kicking off about a dog walker with an extendable lead* who was too busy on their phone to notice him, the Welsh GOAT running around the lake.

Ummm.

Too busy on their phone? You spend your entire life filming either yourself or your partner running you idiot.

*disclaimer- I do not like these either and don’t use one for Tunnel dog.

Reactions: 7
He’s kicking off about a dog walker with an extendable lead* who was too busy on their phone to notice him, the Welsh GOAT running around the lake.

Ummm.

Too busy on their phone? You spend your entire life filming either yourself or your partner running you idiot.

*disclaimer- I do not like these either and don’t use one for Tunnel dog.
Ugh I HATE retractable leads. They’re just plain dangerous and I’ve been nearly taken out by some on a few runs - but I slow down and deal with it silently. I don’t scream at people like WR.

It’s completely arrogant to think that the world revolves around you and your interval workout. I know his type of runner, will be barreling down a crowded path and screaming for people to get out of his way. It’s been done to me and it’s quite horrible and scary.

If you want a place free of obstacles, go to a track. You can’t expect right of way in a public place.

Reactions: 8
They are such bellends round that lake. I remember a year or so ago FOD runner and WR had a (unofficial) race round it. With Kelly (and poss Jemma too) bellowing at them and clanging a bloody cow bell. All the while it's a public area and people were there trying to have a peaceful walk. Act like they own the place, sheer arrogance! I silently fume like everyone else when people walk 2/3 abreast, have long dog leads or uncontrolled dogs but it's all part of sharing the world around us with others. I'm sure me puffing along behind walkers might annoy them too!

Ugh I HATE retractable leads. They’re just plain dangerous and I’ve been nearly taken out by some on a few runs - but I slow down and deal with it silently. I don’t scream at people like WR.

It’s completely arrogant to think that the world revolves around you and your interval workout. I know his type of runner, will be barreling down a crowded path and screaming for people to get out of his way. It’s been done to me and it’s quite horrible and scary.

If you want a place free of obstacles, go to a track. You can’t expect right of way in a public place.
Yes, if you see a dog on a long or retractable lead you just slow down and go round it, you don't shout at the owner 🙄

Main character syndrome strikes again
Every time I feel I am being harsh with my comments, he comes out with absolute shite like his strava post. I mean who does he think he is?

The world doesn’t revolve around your running Matt. Yes, those leads are annoying, but that dog walker had just as much right to be on their phone and walking around that lake as you did running around it. Stop thinking that your 2.20 marathon attempt equals “hard work” and that everything and everyone who comes into contact with it should bow down and be in awe of you. Hard work is not running 100 miles a week to massage your ego. Hard work is not posting narcissistic videos to your channel. Go into a hospital or a school or a police station or a supermarket and you will see so many people actually working hard every single day.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I know it's very much personal taste, but I can't think of anything worse than doing a 10k consisting of 13.7 laps of a lake 🤢

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.