Thewelshrunner and Kellogs_ontherun #2 roll those dice but please ignore their advice

What’s your welshie inspired race day plan?

• Roll the dice 🎲

Votes: 25 62.5%
  • Go all in 💪🏼

Votes: 20 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New thread

Congrats to @instanonsense for the winning thread title 🏅

Recap anyone?

How many miles a week is Matt covering in his multiple sessions… how close to a BQ is Kelly…

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Place your bets - will Matt end up injured or will Kelly fail to BQ at Manchester?

Reactions: 5
Place your bets - will Matt end up injured or will Kelly fail to BQ at Manchester?
The Welsh Kipchoge is about to suffer a massive stress fracture, look at the state of his photo's and reels, he is done,imagine the state his body is in!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
The Welsh Kipchoge is about to suffer a massive stress fracture, look at the state of his photo's and reels, he is done,imagine the state his body is in!
He deffo looks utterly wiped out. I also bet he is stressed that Kelly bailed her run. He’s got a lot resting on both their success trying to train them both as if they are elite professionals! I don’t think Kelly is trying for a BQ at Manchester, I reckon she’s aiming for a good sub-4 as part of ‘the journey’

Reactions: 3
Wonder if they were both hungover. The state of Kelly with last night's make-up running off in the rain.

Good for them I say, at least they put something before running for once.

I’d be surprised he’d have the energy for anything the state of him in that picture. Looked like he could fall asleep standing up!!
Yeah, tbf both of them look absolutely shattered. Difficult to rest with small children as it is, without ridiculous training schedules.

The pattern in Kelly's recent marathon training seems to be loads of miles, additional cross training, a decent amount of strength training, plenty of (too many) races, but not that many decent long runs of around 20 miles. Several good runners I know have emphasised the value of at least 3 or 4 20-22 milers in a block. Not surprising she always bonks before that point.

Reactions: 1
I'd love to see what kind of training plans WR sends to his clients. Does he have them doing similar junk miles and double run days? At what point do they readjust their own plans after repeatedly failing to meet their [ridiculous] goals? I don't think they'll ever admit to being wrong, but will they quietly make changes?

🤔 8:45 - Boston BQ….. MP (maybe…)

spoiler alert. The maybe means I’m just warning you all I’m going to bonk on the day.

1F575A9B-E969-4712-8655-3856355ACB13.jpeg

Reactions: 1
It’s a great run from her but pretty sure she said she was completely done after that run in her stories. So to run just again with a bit more is going to be seriously tough for her
Sorry as the one that was hunted the most by the Twitter hunz you are not allowed to say anything positive about Kelly 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 9
If she actually still does Manchester, as maybe the Kenya trip will be one excuse not to do it. I seriously doubt she will go sub 4 ,.she's just not got it in her. Maybe if she ran without vlogging and taking pictures she would have a better chance but making content for instagram is much more important than her running.

She is not doing the long runs required, simple as that, you need four or five 20 milers in a typical marathon block to break 4 hours, all those tit miles and double days achieve nothing, their training drives me crazy

Reactions: 6
She is not doing the long runs required, simple as that, you need four or five 20 milers in a typical marathon block to break 4 hours, all those tit miles and double days achieve nothing, their training drives me crazy
Yeah but they're ' Rolling the dice' and 'Trusting the process'...you lovely lot!!....😂 that's gotta count for something..🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Yeah but they're ' Rolling the dice' and 'Trusting the process'...you lovely lot!!....😂 that's gotta count for something..🤣
they have the audacity to constantly tit on about "hard work" well Kelly, get out and get some proper long runs done at the weekend for once and stop eating tit and making up excuses! ahhhh they drive me nuts!

I went sub 4 following Hanson’s - I only did one 15 miler and two 16 mile runs, plus a half marathon race. It is possible with a balanced, specific training plan…which is not what she is following.

My first marathon was close to 6 hours so I worked hard over a number of years to get that sub4.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.